US transit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US transit

I am planning to travel from UK to Guatemala with a transit stop at a USA airport.

Your helpful website says that citizens from visa waiver programme countries do not need transit visas, but it does not explicitly say whether it is all citizens form these countires or only those who qualify personally for a visa waiver.

I think I may not myself be eligible for visa waiver but my travel organisers say I simply have to fill in a green form on the plane, but of couirse it's not their problem if USA passport control see it differently. It would clearly be very awkward if I were turned back but my wife was not.

Can you advise what risk there is of there being a problem, what questions are asked on the transit form and whether it would be a worth the expense of getting a proper transit visa from the US embassy.

At one stage, there was talk of Scottish cases being allowed to process in Edinburgh rather than London, but there is no sign of this on their website.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

As long as you don't have any criminal problem or other problem that would not qualify for a visa waiver, and you are just a normal citizen, you don't have to worry about not being allowed into USA.

Of course, I am assuming that you are a citizen of one of the visa waiver countries.
    http://www.immihelp.com/visa-waiver-program/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X