Husband B1, applying B2 for wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post

Open your own thread & ask specific question for others to help.

1. I have seen cases where mostly employed women get the visa but my wife is a housewife. So, How can she show strong ties to her home country??
    2. What are the supporting documents are needed while the US visa interview??
    3. Is it okay if I have shown in DS 160 my business associate reference in the column U.S. Contact Information??

Comment

Originally posted by Toni123 View Post
      1. I have seen cases where mostly employed women get the visa but my wife is a housewife. So, How can she show strong ties to her home country??
      Thats not true. She can show a legitimate purpose for the visit & she can show that her husband has given some savings & may be some property in her name.

2. What are the supporting documents are needed while the US visa interview??
      Usually they don't ask for any documents during the visa. But you should carry documents showing savings, earnings, marriage certificate, etc.

3. Is it okay if I have shown in DS 160 my business associate reference in the column U.S. Contact Information??
      Yes, I don't think thats so important field, it's just that if they need to reach someone, who that person will be. You can also put a hotel name & address.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
        Thats not true. She can show a legitimate purpose for the visit & she can show that her husband has given some savings & maybe some property in her name.

Usually, they don't ask for any documents during the visa. But you should carry documents showing savings, earnings, marriage certificates, etc.

Yes, I don't think that's so important field, it's just that if they need to reach someone, who that person will be. You can also put a hotel name & address.
        Unfortunately, she didn't visa. During the interview, the officer asked only 5 questions and even he didn't check any documents from my wife.

The questions are below.

1. Why do you want to go to the USA??
        Ans. - My husband is traveling to the US for a business meeting so I want to go with him for Tourism purposes.

2. Does your husband have a US visa??
        Ans. My wife showed my B1/B2 visa copy.

3. Your status in India??
        Ans. My wife said I am a housewife.

4. Your husband's status?
        Ans. My husband does the Job and said my designation.

5. Have you traveled to any foreign country??
        Ans. My wife said no.

Then after the officer said we are sorry as you are not eligible to get the visa and gave 241B.

I can't understand why she is rejected?? Please guide me as I want to apply again.
        Last edited by Toni123; 11-05-2019, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sderiis
          well, mostly the decision will be made from the info you completed on the form DS160. Documents are hardly seen.
          Still she must carry a copy of your visa, your income proof, her leave cum employment letter , her salary slip. And your plan for the trip.
          Thanks.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X