J1 Visa Holder and Applying for Visitors Visa for Spouse and Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 Visa Holder and Applying for Visitors Visa for Spouse and Children

Hi All, Hope someone can help me. I have J1 visa which is valid for one year (JUNE 2016 TO MAY 2017). This visa is sponsored by UGC (University of Grand Commissions) for higher study only for one year and not extendable. Now my question is: I want to bring my spouse and children in March 2017 with visitors visa which is just before two months of my valid stay/expiring visa. Will it be any problem from getting visa/immigration problem during travel since the J1 expires in two months? We all will go back to India in May 2017.
    Please help with your experience
    Thanks in advance.
    Siddhartha

Your spouse and children can come here on J2 visa. Approval of visitor visa will be difficult for them. More information on J2 visa,
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

J2 visa

If I want to bring my spouse and children with J2 visa just two months before my J1 visa expires, will it be any problem in immigration?
      Thanks in advance.*

Comment

J1 Visa Holder and Applying for Visitors Visa for Spouse and Children

Originally posted by Siddhartha Ray Chaudhuri View Post
        If I want to bring my spouse and children with J2 visa just two months before my J1 visa expires, will it be any problem in immigration?
        Thanks in advance.*
        I believe you can apply now for their J2 visas so that they may join you here whenever they are ready too. I am not sure you have to give a specific date of arrival.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X