Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Visa for parents from India to US as a tourist B2

Hi Guys,

I recently moved to U.S on May month in L1B Visa. So I have completed just 2 months here in US. I am being paid in INR and provided with Per Diem for my stay. I have got SSN today.
    Now I would like to bring my parents to US from India on B2 Visa. But I read that I need to provide them with many supporting documents from U.S to enable them apply for B2. Particularly it is stated that I need to furnish my income tax or IRS. But I have no income and have nothing to file. Might be my company will deal with those U.S taxes and all at later.

Here my queries are:
    1. How to get visa to my parents without having Income tax filed in U.S. from my end.
    2. Is there any minimum period of stay required from my end before I send invite letter to my parents.

My parents have not in Job nor receiving pension. And they have not filed any ITR in the past as they had some small owned business with low income. They are completely dependents now. I will stay here only for the next 3 months. So is there any possibility that I can think of bringing them here before I go back to India on this October.

1. You can show your Indian income tax return and if visa officer ask then your parents can answer it.
    2. No.

Find more information on visitor visa process at,
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks a lot for your reply and for the valuable link.

Followed by that I have few more queries and requesting help.

1. I am not being paid anything over here in U.S and hence no bank account in U.S. I am compensated just by per diem and company provided accommodation. I can't show any payslip from U.S but I can show the Indian payslips. So is it still worth to apply for the VISA by convincing the VO by showing my Indian bank statement. And if so what would be a considerable descent bank balance in INR in my account.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinku_Tom View Post
        Hi ,

Thanks a lot for your reply and for the valuable link.

Followed by that I have few more queries and requesting help.

1. I am not being paid anything over here in U.S and hence no bank account in U.S. I am compensated just by per diem and company provided accommodation. I can't show any payslip from U.S but I can show the Indian payslips. So is it still worth to apply for the VISA by convincing the VO by showing my Indian bank statement. And if so what would be a considerable descent bank balance in INR in my account.
        Your parents must apply and qualify for visitor visas based on their circumstances. Their visitor visa applications has nothing to do with you. Your job, your money, your bank accounts, etc. are not considered.

Furthermore, as an L1B employee working in the US, you must be paid in the US and pay US employment taxes. Your employer is taking advantage of you and abusing the system.
        Last edited by VNK; 07-11-2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VNK View Post
          Your parents must apply and qualify for visitor visas based on their circumstances. Their visitor visa applications has nothing to do with you. Your job, your money, your bank accounts, etc. are not considered.

Furthermore, as an L1B employee working in the US, you must be paid in the US and pay US employment taxes. Your employer is taking advantage of you and abusing the system.

Thank you for your reply VNK. But I think these things(My Job, My Bank Balance etc...) will be considered if I am the sponsor for my parents right?

Comment

Originally posted by Tinku_Tom View Post
            Thank you for your reply VNK. But I think these things(My Job, My Bank Balance etc...) will be considered if I am the sponsor for my parents right?
            No. Your job, bank balance, etc is NOT CONSIDERED.

Comment

When are folks going to realize an applicant must qualify for a B2 on their own, not on a US-based individual's promissory note?

COs interview people, not papers. A stack of documents is not looked at.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X