Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of DS-160 after scheduling visa appointment

Dear Team,

Am on H1-B immigration visa and my petition is valid till Sep 2018.

I have plans to visit India in Mar/Apr 2017 and I need to appear at visa consulate for my visa stamping.
    I am planning to schedule an appointment with visa consulate and am completed my DS-160 form with the latest information available.

However, my current employer, is going for an acquisition and the deal would like to seal off by Mar, 2017. When this happens there might be a great chance of change in my existing H1-B petition like petition number, employer name and/or change of address. Since, am filling the DS-160 more than 6-months in advance, I don't have the new information.

My question - If I scheduled an appointment in Mar, 2017 with my existing petition info, by the time I appear during the interview the information most likely may change like employer and petition number. Can I present a different DS-160 with latest info and latest petition other than the one which is submitted at the time scheduling visa appointment.

Your answer is much appreciated.

Thanks!

As per my understanding, once you schedule appointment you can't make changes in ds-160 form. You have to create new one.

Please read no changes allowed at,
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

visa145 Would you mind sharing your experience on the above post...I am kind of in similar situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X