Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My parent's visa application is under administrative processing for over 10 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My parent's visa application is under administrative processing for over 10 months

Hello,
    I'm a student here in USA and my parent applied for a non-immigrant visa to come visit me. It's been 10 months since they applied and when I check their status, I keep getting under administrative processing. I'm from Iran and that is probably the case but even with the travel ban, parent should be able to get visa. My friend's did.
    I don't know whom should I contact or what to do to speed up the process.
    Does anyone know?
    Thanks

You would have to contact the consulate. Only they can help or give any information about it.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Any luck with your case? Same here.. I am from Pakistan and working on temporary visa my parents used to visit US almost every year. They were here in 2013, 2015, 2016 after their last visit their visa got expired they applied for a visa and appeared for an interview on Apr 21,2017 .. since after that their case is undergoing necessary 'Administrative processing' its now 8 months. despite sending several emails to the embassy they always reply with a template response saying your case is under process please continue to wait.
      Last edited by sami123; 01-09-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Same issue here, over 10 months now for my daughter who is born in Australia. Has never been to any middle Eastern countries. Something went very wrong with ESTA ( She answered no to all questions) so she had to apply for a B2 here in Australia. She was told at the time it would take 1-2 weeks to resolve the ESTA issue and was at the time given the 221g form.

Still waiting, and we keep getting the same cut and paste response that usual time is 3-4 months, its now blown out to over 10 months. They also don't answer any of her questions, and whole experience is incredibly frustrating.

I don't think country of birth has anything to do with it.

Comment

Its so frustrating indeed. I even asked them to deny the application we just cant be in this waiting state forever but got a same response. I have no idea why some cases go to this black hole. Anyways If anyone's loved one get their visa just update this thread.
          Thanks

Comment

1 year in AP

Same here,under processing since 1 year. I applied from Pakistan.Please update if anyone gets it or knows any way out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SGrij21 View Post
              Same here,under processing since 1 year. I applied from Pakistan.Please update if anyone gets it or knows any way out of it.
              Any luck yet?

Comment

No news

Originally posted by sami123 View Post
                Any luck yet?
                Hey, its almost 15 months for me in AP. No news and no hope now. I don't know if its because I applied from Pakistan. But I have no high hopes. The embassy doesn't even reply. I am thinking of getting my passport back at least.

Comment

Hey, its almost 15 months for me in AP. No news and no hope now. I don't know if its because I applied from Pakistan. But I have no high hopes. The embassy doesn't even reply. I am thinking of getting my passport back at least.
                  what is your visa category? did you apply from Karachi?

Comment

I really don't think it makes any difference where we are from, we are all stuck in the same situation.

14 months now. Surely there is a point where someone should step in and get these cases dealt with and at least follow them up instead of just leaving us all in limbo. I really do think those people that get a decline are in a much better situation since they can reapply, where we cannot even do that.

Comment

Out of frustration I even wrote to US State Dept. But they also replied with a template response to contact bureau of consular affairs (which comes under State Dept.) and on their website I don't find any way of contacting and lodging my complaint. Response from consulate where my parents applied for visa is just so cold blooded whatever I write to them they give me following reply:

Please be informed that your application is currently undergoing legally-mandated administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication process. Unfortunately, we are unable to precisely predict the amount of time this processing will take. We are aware that your case has taken longer than usual to process and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you travel plans. Please be assured that we are handling your application as expeditiously as possible in accordance with U.S. law. Once the administrative processing is complete, we will contact you to conclude the case. ?

You can check the status of your application any time at this website: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Comment

Ap

what is your visa category? did you apply from Karachi?
                        I applied from Islamabad embassy last year in January. B1/B2 visa. They dont even reply to my email anymore.lol.since last 3 months they haven't replied.

Comment

I applied from Islamabad embassy last year in January. B1/B2 visa. They dont even reply to my email anymore.lol.since last 3 months they haven't replied.
                          Interesting. I don't know man what they are doing. I mean this is insane how much time it would take to do background checks and verify travel history? more than a year seriously? This is crazy. and Its not the first time my parents are going to visit US. They visited in 2013,2015,2016. I just don't get it. Well let me know if you get any update on your case.

Comment

Interesting. I don't know man what they are doing. I mean this is insane how much time it would take to do background checks and verify travel history? more than a year seriously? This is crazy. and Its not the first time my parents are going to visit US. They visited in 2013,2015,2016. I just don't get it. Well let me know if you get any update on your case.
                            Yea will definitely update. But honestly i dont think im gonna get any news any soon. Its just a way to discourage people ,simply put. Background check hardly takes a few weeks since everything is available in electronic systems. Its only meant to frustrate people, the way we are getting frustrated.

Comment

Yea will definitely update. But honestly i dont think im gonna get any news any soon. Its just a way to discourage people ,simply put. Background check hardly takes a few weeks since everything is available in electronic systems. Its only meant to frustrate people, the way we are getting frustrated.
                              Its indeed very frustrating. Its worst than refusal. You know what my parents have zero interest in visiting US. They have already lived their moments and seen half of the world including US while they were young. Now its just us who want them to be with us and with their grandchildren. Looks like I need to travel back home again like I did last year to meet them.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X