Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFC and VAC for kids under 14 without interview waiver

Hi,

I am mother of 2 kids under 14 and i already have visa (B1/B2) stamped 2 yrs back and visited USA. My husband never applied for visa nor available for any formality as he is missing for many years (5+ years (Missing FIR registered).

Now i applied Visa B1 for kids but they do not fall under interview waiver program as that needs consent of both parents.

I booked OFC and VAC appointment.

But now i am not sure

- kids needs to attend OFC or not as on following URL, it is mentioned that kids under 14 do not need fingerprinting
    - Kids under 14 do not need to attend VAC

Overview
    When applying for a nonimmigrant visa, complete and submit the Form DS-160 online. Schedule an appointment for the Embassy/Consulate and the Visa Application Center. You will be fingerprinted and your photo will be captured when you arrive for your interview at the Visa Application Center. Note: Children below 14 years of age are not required to be present at the Embassy/Consulate or Visa Application Center for the interview in person. Hence, Parents /Guardians should carry a hardcopy photograph of the child below 14 years of age at the Visa Application Center along with other supporting documents.

Fingerprinting
    During the visa process, at the Visa Application Center, an ink-free, digital fingerprint scan will be quickly taken. There are some applicants whose fingerprints are not required, including:
    Applicants traveling on official government business, except for A-3 and G-5 applicants
    Applicants under the age of 14 or over the age of 79

Where as folowwing link says kids over 7 yrs will atend -

https://www.immihelp.com/fingerprint...-for-usa-visa/

Both page contradict each other. Confused.

Only my kids have applied Visa as i already have stamped mine. So should i alone attend both OFC and VAC? took them with me? or how to handle it?
    Is there any help line for it where somebody from their team can resolve my query?

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards
    Pooja

Originally posted by chanap View Post
    Hi,

I am mother of 2 kids under 14 and i already have visa (B1/B2) stamped 2 yrs back and visited USA. My husband never applied for visa nor available for any formality as he is missing for many years (5+ years (Missing FIR registered).

Now i applied Visa B1 for kids but they do not fall under interview waiver program as that needs consent of both parents.

I booked OFC and VAC appointment.

But now i am not sure

- kids needs to attend OFC or not as on following URL, it is mentioned that kids under 14 do not need fingerprinting
    - Kids under 14 do not need to attend VAC

Overview
    When applying for a nonimmigrant visa, complete and submit the Form DS-160 online. Schedule an appointment for the Embassy/Consulate and the Visa Application Center. You will be fingerprinted and your photo will be captured when you arrive for your interview at the Visa Application Center. Note: Children below 14 years of age are not required to be present at the Embassy/Consulate or Visa Application Center for the interview in person. Hence, Parents /Guardians should carry a hardcopy photograph of the child below 14 years of age at the Visa Application Center along with other supporting documents.

Fingerprinting
    During the visa process, at the Visa Application Center, an ink-free, digital fingerprint scan will be quickly taken. There are some applicants whose fingerprints are not required, including:
    Applicants traveling on official government business, except for A-3 and G-5 applicants
    Applicants under the age of 14 or over the age of 79

Where as folowwing link says kids over 7 yrs will atend -

https://www.immihelp.com/fingerprint...-for-usa-visa/

Both page contradict each other. Confused.

Only my kids have applied Visa as i already have stamped mine. So should i alone attend both OFC and VAC? took them with me? or how to handle it?
    Is there any help line for it where somebody from their team can resolve my query?

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards
    Pooja
    ustraveldocs site is more authentic, while on immihelp people are sharing their experiences & trying to help each other.

Kids below 14 do not need to attend interview/OFC/VAC - I got my son's visa stamped when he was 12 yrs old without visiting OFC/VAC.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X