Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supporting documents from home country in another country of residence

I have 3 countries of residence.

1. I am Self-employed and own my real estate company in my home country and I have strong ties. (Country of Citizenship) Nigeria
    2. I am married to a foreigner in which I have a residence visa in my wife's country. (Residence permit) Philippines
    3. I am pursuing my Ph.D. program in another country ( Student Visa) Malaysia

I applied for a US tourist visa in Malaysia last year but I was rejected without checking my documents. I think the officer thinks I am a student and I can't afford my trip.

My question is can I use supporting documents and bank statements from my home country for a tourist visa in another country of residence.

You can retry but many things were probably at play here. Nigeria is a mostly-denied country (statistics wise) for b1/b2 visas. Considering all that you've mentioned, I believe their objection might've been the fact that you applied for a US tourist visa outside your home country in hopes of not getting denied.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

You are holding PR for Philippines & living in Malaysia - still having ties to Nigeria - isn't it contradicting ?
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

"Embassy shopping" in order to try to get a better chance of visa approval is a common concept that Consulates are aware of and that's why applicants are frequently denied. That's why your visa situation looks bleak. You can retry but a change of situation may help.
        --Good luck--
        Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

I have a similar case and need help please.

I am Ghanaian but living in Mali as i have my business running here in Mali. I met my American boyfriend online and we want to meet in August for just 7 days as i can’t leave my business for long.
          I also have a one day Conference to attend which i have already booked a ticket online for.
          Now my problem is should i let him send me an invitation letter or can i apply myself as a tourist going for an event.

I have my PR in Mali
          I have a registered company here
          I have an active account that can fund my one week travel
          I have my lease agreements ( house )
          I have a traveling history ( Germany)

I want to be prepared since i will start my application in June. Please help me with suggestions

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X