Visitor's Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor's Visa

Hi, I am a Nepalese national studying at UK since September 2009. My wife is studying at USA since August 2009. She is now not feeling well and she wants to meet me once, for which I need US visitor visa. But I am worried whether I will get it or not because I was refused thrice for US student visa one year ago when I had applied for it from my home country. At that time they had refused me because they thought that i can not afford for my education. After that i came to UK for study for same amount of fee.

Unlike their prediction, I successfully paid my fee and i am now quite happy here because I will get two year post study work permit as well. But to visit my wife, I have to go to USA once and then to return back to UK.

Since my wife is not in the condition to come to me in UK right now due to her ill health and study burden, i have to go there at any cost. Additionally, due to limitation of time i must apply for US visa from London (not from Nepal) because I will get very short period of leave from my university. Will i be allowed to apply from London? If yes, what documents will I need to show? What bank balance? How much is the chance of getting visa in my case? How long the processing will take? What amount of money is required for processing? If you have any special advice for me, please inform me. Expecting your kind cooperation.

Thank u .
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

If you are studying in UK, you will have to apply for US visitors visa from
    Nepal.

Details at http://www.immihelp.com/visitor-visa/
    Immihelp Support

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. But one thing i really could not understand is that there is clear cut option for all the foreigner applicants (residing at uk) of entire world to apply for usa visa from london(on the application form of the embassy).Then why should i apply through nepal ? Is it because i was refused? Or is this policy applicable for only nepal or only to visitor visa? Or is it because the record of refused applicants from nepal is available only through the software of usa embassy of nepal only? Can the biometric records or other records of previous applicants through usa embassy nepal, is not visible at usa embassy at london? Since my case is very unique, may i get a paid or unpaid legal advise from your company? Do u have data protection policy?
      Immihelp Support

Comment

Student visa holders are not permanent residents of UK and can not prove
        ties to UK. Therefore, need to apply from Nepal.
        Immihelp Support

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and valuable suggestions. I really appreciate it. But my situation is very different. I am on the mid phase of my study for which I have already paid £8300. If I go to Nepal for application of visa it will take longer time and will hamper my study. I am anticipating my post graduate degree very soon and a post study work permit at UK for 2 years. At this situation, there is no point of staying at USA for a longer period than allocated on the visa. Additionally, is it not possible to prove tie with own country Nepal by submitting the property valuation documents at embassy office , London? Would you please confirm me that whether they will accept my application at US embassy London or will not even accept it?

Will my previous deferral of F1 visa play a role on reducing the chances of getting B2 visa? Since that was a story of one year back in different country and different situation, is it compulsory for me to mention that I was deferred for US visa? If I do not mention, will they automatically know about it?

I am really in very traumatic situation. My study, wife's study, her deteriorating health condition, my busy schedule, and my compulsion to meet my wife within a limited time boundary....... these are the things that have troubled me. Please show me the way by which I can go to USA as soon as possible for few weeks.

Expecting your kind cooperation,
          Immihelp Support

Comment

All I can suggest is that you can try applying in London. Howver, if they redirect you back to Nepal, you would have to spend more time and money.
            Immihelp Support

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will be grateful to you if you can answer my another query too. I was deferred from Nepal for F1 visa. Since that was a story of one year back in different country and different situation, is it compulsory for me to mention that I was deferred for US visa? If I do not mention, will their software automatically know about it? Please reply.
              thanks
              Immihelp Support

Comment

You have to mention it.
                Immihelp Support

Comment

Your previous rejections (there is no such thing as a visa "being deferred" - your student visa application was rejected in Nepal, plain and simple) will definitely be in the system because no US consulate works independently of the others.

In this current world of terrorist threats it is to be understood that every detail of every single visa application received by any US consulate anywhere in the world is in entered into a computerized system that is accessible to other consulates.

So you have no choice but to mention that. Hiding that will be equivalent to lying and there are penalties for those caught lying/concealing facts from the consulate.

Again, regardless of whether you have paid your tuition fees in the UK and whether you have the chance of getting a post study work visa, the fact remains that you stand no chance of getting a US visitors visa from London.

Future job/visa prospects in the UK count for nothing to the US consulate and the fact is that currently you have no income in the UK.

Property you own in Nepal does not prove your economic tie to Nepal simply because you are not currently in Nepal.

And it is not just economic but also social ties that are examined. You have no current social ties to the UK or Nepal. The only social ties you currently have are to the US in the form of your wife, which does not help your case.

So many people have used student visas to the UK as a stepping stone into the US. Every applicant is seen by the US consulate as a prospective immigrant especially someone who has no income or social ties in the country he currently lives in.

You are welcome to apply, of course, but you are just not going to be granted a visa.

Your wife on the other hand, if she holds a valid US student visa, will almost surely be granted a UK visitors visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X