Birth Certificate Proof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Certificate Proof

Hi - I am processing the Visitors visa for my parents. Should they be providing my Birth certificate at the time of interview. Or should my passport and 10th and 12th standard marksheets suffice. Should my parents also produce their Birth certificate. please advice.

Thanks

Only your birth certificate.

Details at https://www.immihelp.com/birth-certi...ion-and-visas/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Such a fast reply thank you much... Is this a mandatory document. Can i not substitute with my passport/10th/12th standard marksheets.

Comment

Yes, it is mandatory.

No, you can not substitute.
        Immihelp Support

Comment

Birth Certificate

I do not have my original Birth Certificate but do have a certified copy of it. Is that good enough?

Comment

Contagious,

Don't talk nonsense and don't spread rumors.

Just because someone was not asked for some document or some other alternative worked out for someone, it does not mean that it would work for everyone.

People carry dozens of documents to the interview. Sometimes, none of them are required and they still give visa. Does it mean that people should walk into the consulate with empty hands and guaranteed to get visa?

Remember, the U.S. embassies/consulates do not provide the exact list of documents that you need to carry to prove that you are going to be able to take care of your expenses, and you are not going to be an immigrant as everyone's circumstances vary. Therefore, people have to come up with their docuements (of course, apart from mandatory documents like passport, photo, fees etc.) And immihelp is the largest private web site for U.S. immigration in the world and its visitors visa section is the most popular. Whatever is written has benefited hundreds of thousands of people from everywhere. And all of that is provided for free. It is up to you whether you want to read and make use of the information or not. No one is forcing you to do so.

In any case, we didn't randomly come up with the requirement of the birth certificate. The VFS supplied list of documents says that visitors visa applicants who are visiting their child in the U.S. must provide the original birth certificate of the child, if the child is not U.S. citizen.

Therefore, be careful for blaming us without knowing the complete details and don't spread rumors.

And to answer VivekD, when you say certified copy, I want to make sure you real mean 'certified copy' and not photocopy which someone has certified to be a true copy.

Read https://www.immihelp.com/certified-c...s-immigration/ If that is what you have, that is what you need as you really never ever get the original birth certificate.
            Immihelp Support

Comment

Actually what I have is a photocopy which someone has certified to be a true copy.
              I read through the link provided and now understand what you mean by Certified copy. I am going to try and apply for one but if I can't get it in time i might just have to take a chance.

However, I read somewhere that the main purpose of the Birth Certificate is to show my relationship with my parents. Is that the case? If so, I noticed that my degree certificate does have that information and I have that in original too. Would that be a good alternative in case I can't get my Birth Certificate in time. I will have my parents take all other documents too e.g. marksheets, passing certificate etc as birth date proof.

Comment

Everyone needs to understand how this web site works.

As we have mentioned several times on this forum that this discussion forum is meant to be used as a supplement to the information provided on this web site, not as a replacement to the information on this web site. Therefore, we spend most of our time developing the information on this web site and maintaining it. That works in the best advantage of people as they don't have to go through thousands of threads to find the information they are looking for. (In fact, it is much more difficult and time consuming for us to maintain the information, rather than just install the discussion forum and be done with it.) Therefore, whenever the information is available in detail on some topic on this web site, we simply point people to that section, rather than repeating the same information over and over again in the forum. That is why most of our own answers on this forum are short as they serve the purpose. People are expected to read the information given on this web site on various sections to find out what they are looking for. We can not give individualized and detailed advice to each and every person specific to their case. If you are unable to spend time reading information, this web site is not meant for you.

Message to Contagious:
                You have been making contradictory statements without fully understanding the birth certificate requirements. Therefore, I suggest that you read everything at https://www.immihelp.com/birth-certificate-for-us-immigration-and-visas/ before making any comments. (Again, I could spend a lot of time explaining you the requirements and what your confusion is, but all the information is given right there.) Everything means everything, each and every page, each and every section, each and every line.

Message to VivkeD:
                You also read everything at https://www.immihelp.com/birth-certi...ion-and-visas/ and then come back to this forum to ask question if something is not clear. Everything is described there.
                Immihelp Support

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X