Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa denial for my sister

Hi,

I am working on L-1 in US since Jan 2010. I want my elder unmarried sister to visit me for few weeks for a pleasure trip.
    She went to New Delhi consulate for visa interview on 13th May 2011 but was denied after asking few questions.
    My sister is working as Scientist in pharmaceutical company since 11 years, has her own house, car, etc in India, but she is unmarried with age above 40 years.
    We are not sure on what basis she was denied visa as visa officer just told that his system doesn't allow to grant her visa.
    The questions she was asked;
    Q : who is there in US
    A : My brother
    Q : What he is doing
    A : Working as a software engineer on L1
    Q : Are you travelling with some one?
    A : My father, but he is not well couldn't come.
    Q : What do you do?
    A : I work for pharmaceutical company
    Q : That I know, but what you do?
    A : I work as a Manager for pharmacokinetics and carry out bioequivalent studies.

After that she was denied and handed over a booklet.

Few things that may have gone wrong here may be,
    1. My sister's designation is Scientist-I but she said Manager which is her role & responsibility.
    2. My Father and sister applied together stating they will be travelling together and also scheduled a interview. But as my father's health was not good he denied going to US and also for interview. Due to short decision we were unable to cancel his interview.

I had sent her all the required documents in early Feb 2011 as sponsor to her and she has all the required documents necessary.

I am planning to come back for good by July end and want my sister to visit US latest by June 2011.

Can she reapply immediately again for visa?
    What she should do best to increase her chances of getting visa?
    Is it okay if I am sponsoring her trip including tickets?
    Will my documents sent in Feb 2011 will still eligible to show as relevant documents or I need to send new set again?
    We do not have any denial letter \ number from previous interview. Is that okay while reapplying?
    As Mumbai consulate was closed she has to go to New Delhi but now Mumbai consulate is open again? Will this make any difference.

Please assist\help in this matter in best possible way.

Thanks
    Navdeep

Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Should I try to sponsor my sister or she should try by her own?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X