Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chini View Post
    Hello Jaskamar ,

I'm trying for my widowed mom's visitor visa & read your post.Did your MIL get visa?Did she self sponsor the visa?

I'm also thinking of opting for self sponsored visa.If possible,can you please share your experience with your MIL's visa here.It would help lot of people like me who're trying for their widowed mom's visas.

Thanks & regards,
    Chini

Hi Chini,

Yes, my MIL got her visa at first try. I had sponsored her visit. I would have opted for self sponsorship only if she faced rejection the first time around.

Honestly I was really discouraged by a lot of people [friends, family and other well wishers] who mentioned that my MIL's chances of rejection were higher. But it turned out to be the opposite in her case. She was given her 10 years multiple entry visa on her first try.

I followed all the procedures listed on this website for sponsoring Parents/In Laws. She asked for a translator and were asked the following questions -

Where are you going?
    Answered ABC state of US.

How long do you intend to stay?
    Answered - 1 month. ***

Do you have any property in India?
    Answered

How many children do you have?
    Son in India and Daughter in US.

What does your Son do?
    Answered

Where are you going to stay?
    With daugther and son in law in EFG city of ABC state.

When did your husband leave?
    Answered

Do you get Pension?
    Answered

How much?
    Answered

The VO then looked at her computer screen for sometime and then told my MIL that her visa was approved. No documents were asked to be shown even though she was prepared with a whole bunch of them.

Notes
    *** In my MIL's visa application I had listed her duration of stay as 1 month only.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jaskamar View Post
      Hi Chini,

Yes, my MIL got her visa at first try. I had sponsored her visit. I would have opted for self sponsorship only if she faced rejection the first time around.

Honestly I was really discouraged by a lot of people [friends, family and other well wishers] who mentioned that my MIL's chances of rejection were higher. But it turned out to be the opposite in her case. She was given her 10 years multiple entry visa on her first try.

I followed all the procedures listed on this website for sponsoring Parents/In Laws. She asked for a translator and were asked the following questions -

Where are you going?
      Answered ABC state of US.

How long do you intend to stay?
      Answered - 1 month. ***

Do you have any property in India?
      Answered

How many children do you have?
      Son in India and Daughter in US.

What does your Son do?
      Answered

Where are you going to stay?
      With daugther and son in law in EFG city of ABC state.

When did your husband leave?
      Answered

Do you get Pension?
      Answered

How much?
      Answered

The VO then looked at her computer screen for sometime and then told my MIL that her visa was approved. No documents were asked to be shown even though she was prepared with a whole bunch of them.

Notes
      *** In my MIL's visa application I had listed her duration of stay as 1 month only.

Hope this helps.
      Thanks for the reply.I really appreciate.

Congratulations for your MIL's visa.I just hope my mom also gets the visa.

Thanks for a detailed reply.

Regards,
      Chini

Comment

Visa rejected for my mother in law

My mother in law was rejected B2 visa on Nov1 st. We don't know the reason and probably being widow.

Below were the questions.

Q :Who stays in USA ?
        A. Daughter & son- in law

Q: How many children do you have?

A. Two married daughters (one in India & other in USA), one unmarried Son & one unmarried daughter in India studying.

Q. Where is your husband?
        A. He is no more. He passed away an year back.

Q. Can I see you son in law's Employment letter?

A. Gave employment verification letter

Visa officer replied, we cannot issued you Visa.

I think, they decide well in advance based on info from DS-160 whether to issue VISA or not. But they care for money and make it formality to take stamping process for VISA for Widows.

My mother in had good economic ties (around 3 lakhs income per year & other properties) and Social ties, but they didn't bother to look into any of that.

Don't know what to do next...

Thanks

Comment

My widowed mother in law got US visitor visa approved in first try

The only thing they look is for a confident and descent personality who does not show doubts while answering the questions.

I sponsored for my mother in law. I had sent all the documents to her but she was asked none of them. The only thing she submitted was her passport, DS160 and appointment confirmation. She had opted for a translator in her regional language for the interview.

Questions asked were:

1. Where are you going?
          XYZ
          2. Who is in US?
          son in law
          3. Are you employed?
          pensioner
          4. Is your daughter not going?
          next month
          5. Do you get pension?
          yes monthly
          6. How many months are you planning to stay?
          one month
          7. Is your husband coming with you?
          he is no more
          8. Do you have property in your home town?
          yes

Your visa will be sent trough courier. Happy journey!!

Comment

I want to apply for my mother's visitor visa to USA. i am currently on j1 visa in USA. she already got rejected twice so please guide me with this as she is a house wife and widow. my brother lives in India but not with my mother.
            Thanks and Regards !

Comment

It always better if she can take care of her expenses (self sponsor). If their family monthly income is around 1 lac including your BIL, then go for it.

To consider sponsorship from you guys, its better your wife sponsor her mother. Is she working? Is she on a primary work visa?

Comment

I want to apply for my mother's visitor visa to USA. i am currently on j1 visa in USA. she already got rejected twice so please guide me with this as she is a house wife and widow. my brother lives in India but not with my mother.
                Thanks and Regards !

Comment

Thanks and Regards !

Comment

Hi, I need some help regrading my widowed Mother-in-law USA Visitor Visa.

My husband is traveling to USA on a business trip and me and my mother-in-law wants to accompany him on the trip.
                    I have my visa issued and now want to have my Mother-in-law visa.

We are facing one challenge here that she alone can't go through the process and interview. It is difficult for her to answer the questions in the interview.

It would be great if you can tell me any option how someone can accompany her in the interview process.
                    Thank You

Comment

Thanks and Regards !

Comment

Thanks and Regards !

Comment

I have a enquiry regarding Visa , I have been tourist in singapore and I got unwell so they charged me 5000$ bill, I came back to India after that without paying and I need to pay in instalments to the hospital. It has been 8 months till now i have not paid, I want to apply for the Visa to another country like USA, Australia or Canada? WIll there be any issue?

Comment

Originally posted by martin11 View Post
                            I have a enquiry regarding Visa , I have been tourist in singapore and I got unwell so they charged me 5000$ bill, I came back to India after that without paying and I need to pay in instalments to the hospital. It has been 8 months till now i have not paid, I want to apply for the Visa to another country like USA, Australia or Canada? WIll there be any issue?
                            Posting the same message in multiple threads won't help.

I have a enquiry regarding Visa , I have been tourist in singapore and I got unwell so they charged me 5000$ bill, I came back to India after that without paying and I need to pay in instalments to the hospital. It has been 8 months till now i have not paid, I want to apply for the Visa to another country like USA, Australia
                            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi , I need your advise on below Query: 1st time my mother who is widow and home maker, visitor visa got denied and got 214(b) at kolkata consulate . Will this be good idea to apply 2nd time with my brother as he will have job in India and currently my mother is staying with him or should I apply alone to other consulate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X