No announcement yet.

B2 visa stay extension - less than 15 days for i94 valid date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the Biometrics appointment notification the next day. I have put the reason as age (81) & risk of travel due to underlying medical conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by m_Mehta View Post
      Hi Guys, I am as well in a similar situation with my parents, I wanted to know just out of curiosity how long you all have asked for an extension? ( Of course, nobody knows how the COVID-19 will go on) but just as an open discussion?
      I asked for 5 months and booked and uploaded return ticket copy with return date in approx 4.5 month.

Comment

Not sure if this is the right place to post but as posted above due to Coronavirus, I have applied for an extension for my mother who is 81 years. When she came here she got her supply of BP & diabetes medicines. Now with extension, she is running out the medicines. What's the best way to get these medicines in the US? She is on Traveler's insurance which doesn't cover medicine. Asking someone to get from India is difficult as very few are traveling at this time.

Comment

I believe quite a few has this same issue - Have anyone applied for parents (mother and father) - I just noticed when I tried with co-applicant (mother and father) it says I will need to do a paper application for I-539. If I want to use online service I will need to file separate applications. If I do paper application how long will this take to get a receipt ?

Comment

I am planning to apply a visitor visa extension for 60 year old mum for the same reason as risk of travel during Coronavirus . Any idea if this would impact her existing multiple entry visa. Also her status is valid til April 15.. but I would like to apply as a precaution . If things do settle she would leave before the given date

Comment

Hello,

My mom is currently in the US on a B2 Visa and her flight is scheduled for April 18th and her I-94 date is valid till May 3rd.

Considering the spread of Coronavirus, and the travel restriction along with mandatory quarantine for certain country travelers in India. all inbound flights to india are being cancelled.

If the cases in the US increase next month, it might be riskier for her to travel alone. Or the other option is to extend B2 visa, and postpone travel till the situation settles down.

Posting here, to get some suggestions on which is better. And also if this might hold as a good reason in USCIS to get the extension. or does USCIS extend the I94 in this kind of cases due to pandemic?

Waiting to hear back.

Regards,
              Rajesh

Comment

With international flights now temporarily suspended to/from India, it is probably good to file for extension now.

Comment

Can I submit my I-539 application without my return ticket as my airlines company is unable to reschedule it because of the rush? Will USCIS understand the situation? Should I include the reason in my COVER LETTER?
                  Please Help.

Comment

Hi, I have question since I am looking for Filing B2 extension for parents.Can I file 1539 online form for my mother and mother-in-law from my online account? (b2 extension on behalf of mother and mother and mother-in-law)

Comment

Originally posted by m_Mehta View Post
                      Is anybody aware of how can I file online for parents (mom and dad) together? When I applied online it says I can only do individual applications - For co-applicant it has to be submitted via paper.
                      Hello m_mehta
                      there is no other way to file online other than the paper form for a family or as a group.

Comment

Originally posted by Satheeshmn View Post
                        Hi, I have question since I am looking for Filing B2 extension for parents.Can I file 1539 online form for my mother and mother-in-law from my online account? (b2 extension on behalf of mother and mother and mother-in-law)
                        Hello Satheeshmn
                        no, you cannot. You will need to create new accounts.

Comment

I am in the same situation as you all.

My parents were scheduled to return to India on April 28th and their I94 expires on May 17th.

I filed a paper application for both of them which has reached the Texas lock box last Tuesday. I am yet to receive the receipt number.

Has anyone is this forum received an approval on their parents I94 extension? Any idea if USCIS is approving such requests considering this pandemic situation?

Looking forward to your responses

Best regards

Comment

Is it mandatory to apply for extension 45 days before end of current stay period? Reading the instructions document, I felt that it is just a suggestion. Below are the exact words from the instructions document that I downloaded from the USCIS website. Would like to hear what others have to say about the timing of application of extension.
                            "Therefore, we suggest you file at least 45 days before your stay expires or as soon as you determine your need to change or extend status."

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_2007 View Post
                              Not sure if this is the right place to post but as posted above due to Coronavirus, I have applied for an extension for my mother who is 81 years. When she came here she got her supply of BP & diabetes medicines. Now with extension, she is running out the medicines. What's the best way to get these medicines in the US? She is on Traveler's insurance which doesn't cover medicine. Asking someone to get from India is difficult as very few are traveling at this time.
                              Hi rohit_2007

Did your mom get I94 extension?

How did you manage to get her medicines? I was trying to have my parents medicines couriered via fedex from India. However with the current lockdown situation it seems to be impossible.

Thanks
                              Ishreena

Comment

I filed for my in-laws with less than 45 days due to COVID in paper. Couples cannot file online. I got rejected after 30 days due to outdated form( the one on this website is outdated). Make sure all the forms are directly from USCIS.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X