Visa Extension B1/B2 due to COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Extension B1/B2 due to COVID-19

1. Can anyone give me a sample cover letter addressing this new COVID-19 situation?
    2. Is it okay to send my I-539 without showing return air ticket as I couldn't arrange one because my airlines has stopped all of their activities due to the pandemic.

Hello Rizwanaalavi
    1. Please find this link to a sample cover letter https://www.immihelp.com/sample-cove...n-application/
    2. I am moving ahead without return ticket as well by giving the reason that we are still amid making alternate arrangements. In your case, please mention your reason in the cover letter.

Comment

did you get approval of extension without return ticket please? and could you please share sample written for COVID situation as a reference

Comment

Is it mandatory to apply for extension 45 days before end of current stay period? Reading the instructions document, I felt that it is just a suggestion. Below are the exact words from the instructions document that I downloaded from the USCIS website. Would like to hear what others have to say about the timing of application of extension.
        "Therefore, we suggest you file at least 45 days before your stay expires or as soon as you determine your need to change or extend status."

Comment

Originally posted by soniadhiyani View Post
          Hello Rizwanaalavi
          1. Please find this link to a sample cover letter https://www.immihelp.com/sample-cove...n-application/
          2. I am moving ahead without return ticket as well by giving the reason that we are still amid making alternate arrangements. In your case, please mention your reason in the cover letter.
          Hi, I have the same situation. Could you please help me with Cover Letter? Above link seems not valid anymore.

Comment

1) For online I-539 application for visa extension due to COVID-19, is there any standard reason format? (2) My mother's return travel ticket was on 20-March-2020 which was later cancelled by the airline due this situation and asked me to book same ticket in the future once the air-travel resumes. In this case, what should I provided in response to "arrangements you have made to depart from the United States" on the application? (3) Do I need to provide I-134 also?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X