Question Regarding Visitor Visa Extension Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Regarding Visitor Visa Extension Application

Initially my in-laws were sponsored for visitors visa by my wife's sister. They have received multiple visit visa for 10 years. For the first time they have come to USA last year to my wife's sister place in New jersey and now they have come to our place in California for
    6 months but we are planning to extend their visiting visa.

My question here is will we be able to apply for their visitor visa extension without involving my wife's sister's family.

1) Whose address that I need to give in I-539 form for (Address in care of) do I need to give my sister in-laws address or my address
    2) Can I show my bank statement as proof of financial statement or do my wife's sister needs to show their bank statement as proof of financial statement

Originally posted by kris405 View Post
    Initially my in-laws were sponsored for visitors visa by my wife's sister. They have received multiple visit visa for 10 years. For the first time they have come to USA last year to my wife's sister place in New jersey and now they have come to our place in California for
    6 months but we are planning to extend their visiting visa.

My question here is will we be able to apply for their visitor visa extension without involving my wife's sister's family.

1) Whose address that I need to give in I-539 form for (Address in care of) do I need to give my sister in-laws address or my address

-- They need to provide the address they plan to reside at, which is your current address.

2) Can I show my bank statement as proof of financial statement or do my wife's sister needs to show their bank statement as proof of financial statement
    -- Anybody can provide funds for their stay.
    Note that they should apply as early as possible, with a real genuine reason for extension of stay. If extension of stay is denied after I-94 date, their Visas will be void and illegal stay will be counted from I-94 date.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks a lot for replying to my question.

If I give my address and my bank statement as a proof of financial support would the immigration people be not referring to my wife's sister because they are the one's who initially sponsored my in-laws not my wife or me.

Would the Immigration not query the extension that who am I to show the financial support. I am not sure which way to do this one.

Comment

Extention on visitors Visa

My aunt is here with a

Comment

and wants to extended

Comment

Originally posted by massus View Post
            and wants to extended
            permit what and where can I get the form she neads

Comment

@kris405: There will be no such query. Focus on the reason why they want to extend their stay.

@massus: What permit?

Comment

[QUOTE=kabkaba;245477]@kris405: There will be no such query. Focus on the reason why they want to extend thei
                extention permit

Comment

fthe form neaded
                  Can I down load the form[QUOTE=massus;245520]
                  Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
                  @kris405: There will be no such query. Focus on the reason why they want to extend thei
                  extention permit

Comment

[QUOTE=massus;245521]fthe form neaded
                    Can I down load the fom for the humanitarian visa here in this sigt

Comment

Read this page and related links on that page.
                      Visitor Visa Extension - Extend a Tourist Visa in the USA by applying for an extension of stay using these steps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X