Certain goods are prohibited (banned) or restricted (subject to certain conditions) for import and/or export. These are goods of social, health, environment, wildlife, and security concerns. There is no complete and exhaustive list of all the goods, some of them are listed below:
- Narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances
- Pornographic and obscene material
- Counterfeit and pirated goods and goods infringing any of the legally enforceable intellectual property rights
- Aero models (such as remote-controlled toy helicopters) that operate on high radio bandwidths because of their possible interference with the communication networks of security agencies.
- Indian coins which are covered by the Antique and Art Treasure Act, 1972.
- Maps and literature where Indian external boundaries have been shown incorrectly, in view of the Government of India.
- Chemicals mentioned in Schedule 1 to the Chemical Weapons Convention of U.N. 1993.
- Human skeleton
- Specified sea-shells
- Beef, tallow, fat/oil of animal origin
- Exotic birds except for a few specified ones
- Wild animals, their parts and products
- Specified Live birds and animals
Visitors InsuranceGet Quotes
For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.Visit insubuy.com or call 1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400
Pre Existing ConditionsRead Article
- Firearms and ammunition
- Live birds and animals including pets
- Plants and their produce e.g. fruits, seeds
- Endangered species of plants and animals, whether alive or dead.
- Any goods for commercial purposes: for profit, gain, or commercial usage.
- Radio transmitters not approved for normal usage
- Importing Gold and Silver, other than ornaments
- Currency in excess of prescribed limits
- Telephone and telephony equipment of restricted frequencies
- Medicines and drugs
- Certain Animals – Camel, Horses, Cattle
- Semi processed hides and skins
- Silkworms, silkworm seeds, and cocoons
- Family Planning Devices (NOC from Ministry of Health Required)
- Vintage products, replicas of antiques or weapons
- Sand and soil
- Whole human blood plasma and certain products derived from human blood
- Sandal-wood (except handicraft products & oil)
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?