- Online Registration Form
- Photograph Instructions
- Proof of Indian Origin
- OCI Fees
- Passport - Name Difference
- Submitting Application
- Procedure-Granting Registration
- Renunciation of OCI
- Surrender Certificate
- Extract - Citizenship Act, 1955
- Extract - Citizenship Rules, 1956
- OCI Tracker
Submitting OCI Application
Application submission procedures vary based on the place where you are applying:
All the OCI applications must be submitted through Travisa Outsourcing as the Indian Embassy/Consulates no longer accept them directly.
When applying at Travisa Outsourcing, make sure to include the 9 digit Application ID of all applications on the bottom right of the shipping envelope for tracking purposes. It is recommended that you use a trackable method such as FedEx.
Please note that the applications submitted through travel agencies, visa services, or any other agents are not accepted. Such applications will be denied and all fees will be forfeited.
If the applicant is in India, they can apply to the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO) at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata or Amritsar. They can also apply to the Chief Immigration Officer (CHIO) in Chennai, or to the Under Secretary, OCI Cell, Citizenship Section, Foreigners Division, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) at their respective addresses or at
Under Secretary (Foreigners Division)
Ministry of Home Affairs,
Jaisalmer House, 26 Man Singh Road,
New Delhi-110 011
The completed application, along with all enclosures, should be submitted to the Indian Mission/Post of the country of applicant's citizenship. Or if the applicant is not in the country of their citizenship, the completed application (with all enclosures) should be submitted to the Indian Mission/Post of the country in which they are ordinarily a resident.
Application must be submitted by express mail to the "OCI Cell" of appropriate Embassy/Consulate. It is not possible at this time to go in person or complete all the forms online.
Indian consulates worldwide
- Indicate in bold letters "OCI Application" on the envelope containing the above documents.
Write "OCI Cell" just above the complete address of the consulate.
Keep a copy of everything you send for your records.
- Do not email or call regarding receipt of application at the consulate or at Travisa. Make sure to send it by the means you can
track such as certified mail with return receipt, express mail or private courier such as FedEx, UPS etc.
- Do not send the application without completing the online registration process and obtaining the reference number (USA...) which will appear on the printed application form.
- Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, you are requested to send the notarized or self-attested copies of the above documents at this time. When you send the notarized or self-attested copies, don't send the visa pages or blank pages.
- If the application is returned for being incomplete, when you send it corrected, it will again go in the line and you will not get any priority in processing.