- Online Registration Form
- Photograph Instructions
- Proof of Indian Origin
- OCI Fees
- Proof of Name Change
- Application Tips
- Submitting Application
- Procedure-Granting Registration
- Renunciation of OCI
- Surrender Certificate
- Extract - Citizenship Act, 1955
- Extract - Citizenship Rules, 1956
- OCI Tracker
Submitting OCI Application
Application submission procedures vary based on the place where you are applying:
All the OCI applications must be submitted through BLS International as the Indian Embassy/Consulates no longer accept them directly.
If the applicant is in India, they can apply to the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO) at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata or Amritsar. They can also apply to the Chief Immigration Officer (CHIO) in Chennai, or to the Under Secretary, OCI Cell, Citizenship Section, Foreigners Division, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) at their respective addresses or at
Under Secretary (Foreigners Division)
Ministry of Home Affairs,
Jaisalmer House, 26 Man Singh Road,
New Delhi-110 011
The completed application, along with all enclosures, should be submitted to the Indian Mission/Post of the country of applicant's citizenship. Or if the applicant is not in the country of their citizenship, the completed application (with all enclosures) should be submitted to the Indian Mission/Post of the country in which they are ordinarily a resident.
Application must be submitted by express mail to the "OCI Cell" of appropriate Embassy/Consulate. It is not possible at this time to go in person or complete all the forms online.
Indian consulates worldwide
- Do not send the application without completing the online registration process and obtaining the reference number (USA...) which will appear on the printed application form.
- Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, you are requested to send the notarized or self-attested copies of the above documents at this time. When you send the notarized or self-attested copies, don't send the visa pages or blank pages.