In order to apply for OCI, you must complete the form as per the instruction below:Visit Ministry of Home Affairs’ web site and click on ‘Online registration’ and complete the form online.
Make sure to select the right consulate that is applicable to you. Otherwise, another consulate can not process the application for you.
Before clicking on the “Submit” button, recheck the information you entered for accuracy and completeness because the information once submitted can not be changed.
In case you made an error and already clicked the Submit button, restart the process and enter all the details all over again and discard the previous application. There is no problem with it.
A barcode and Web File Number will be assigned to you by the computer upon completing the online registration. You must retain this Web File Number, as it will be required when you submit your application at the consulate.
The information furnished by the applicant in the application cannot be manipulated either at the time of processing in the consulate or at the time of printing the OCI document. The Consulate General of India will not be responsible for errors in the document due to your furnishing wrong information. If you find that you’ve provided incorrect information on the application, through a request for the issue of fresh document/visa sticker, it may be possible to get the wrong details changed after the OCI certificate is issued, through OCI Miscellaneous Services. You must not manipulate the data in the hard copy.Copy of the already registered applications can be obtained using REPRINT FORM option in individual registration form by supplying the Web File number as well as the date of birth.
Sample OCI Application Form with Instructions
- If your US/Foreign passport says your place of birth is “India”, enter only “India” in this form. Do not add the city/state names.
- For US Passport, the place of issue is always USDOS.
- The uploaded photograph and physical photogram affixed on the form(s) must be identical.
Visitors InsuranceGet Quotes
For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.Visit insubuy.com or call 1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400
Pre Existing ConditionsRead Article
You are required to upload your digital photograph with the following specifications:
- Image format must be jpeg or jpg only.
- The maximum size of the image should be 200 KB.
- Height and width must be equal.
- The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels x 200 pixels and the maximum dimensions are 900 pixels x 900 pixels. You can use photo editing software such as Microsoft Paint or Photoshop to resize the photo.
- The photograph must maximum 51 x 51 mm or 2 inches x inches with 80% coverage of the face.
You need to upload the scanned copy of your signature with the following specifications:
- Image format must be jpeg or jpg only.
- Maximum size of the image should be 200 KB.
- The height to width ratio of the image must be 1:3
- The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 67 pixels (height) and the maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 300 pixels (height). You can use photo editing software such as Microsoft Paint or Photoshop to resize the photo.
Physical PhotographPhotograph should be pasted (not stapled) in the designated box in Form.
- You must sign within the boxes provided next to the photograph. If you sign outside the box, the application will be rejected.
- For a child of 5 years and above, the signature / name of the minor child should be in the signature box under their photo on the first page of the application.
- For children less than 5 years of age, the thumb impression of the minor child should be in the signature box under their photo using only a blue or black inkpad. Use the left thumb for boys and the right thumb for girls. Do not place both signature and thumb impression in the same box. Parents can not sign on behalf of the child under any circumstances.
- Wherever the parent’s signature is required, it must match with the signature in the passport. Otherwise, applications will be put on hold and a new application will be asked.
- In the case of minor applicants, both parents should sign at the bottom of the application, even if both parents are not applying for OCI. If only one parent is available to sign for the minor, proof of custody or a death certificate must be provided.
Claims Process OverviewRead Article
Visitors Insurance OverviewRead Article
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?