Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nfard View Post

I am primary. I dont have any derivatives.
    What year were you granted Asylum?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nfard View Post

I am primary. I dont have any derivatives.
      Nfard thanks. It is not common for primary asylees to be called for interview but it is also not impossible. Nevertheless, your timeline of hearing from the TSC just 12 months after sending the application is very good and faster than the average. Good luck and keep us posted how it goes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee0220 View Post

What year were you granted Asylum?
        2017-2018

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingGC View Post

Nfard thanks. It is not common for primary asylees to be called for interview but it is also not impossible. Nevertheless, your timeline of hearing from the TSC just 12 months after sending the application is very good and faster than the average. Good luck and keep us posted how it goes!
          Thanks. Yeah I am not sure whats the reason... will keep yall posted. hopefully they schedule it soon.

by the way do you guys know if my EAD gets expired after 6 month of not getting the new EAD, can I still work? I keep hearing approved asylees dont really need the EAD anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post
            New Jersey Driver License for asylee:
            I went yesterday to renew my DL, it seems that they start to educate MVC officers, went very smoothly, onl my current DL, unrestricted SS Card, and I94.
            the lady told me they will contact Trenton to remove the restriction, and then she finished the paper work and issued me a receipt and said the DL will be sent by mail to my house.
            they issued a full term DL with validity for 4 years.
            Hello, is there any updates with NJ MVC? Which MVC location did you go?

Did anybody else get a 4-year license in NJ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmyin View Post

Hello, is there any updates with NJ MVC? Which MVC location did you go?

Did anybody else get a 4-year license in NJ?
              It's a joke someone is saying MVC officers knew about immigration.

They do not.

However NJ earlier this year passed law to allow illegal immigrants to have driver license.

As long as it's not a REAL ID, you don't need to prove your immigration status to get 4 year license.

For REAL ID, your document won't suffice.

Comment

• I got a real ID driver license valid till 2028 a few months ago. I renewed my license through the DMV’s website and paid around $80 for that. NY, NY.

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post
                  It's a joke someone is saying MVC officers knew about immigration.

They do not.

However NJ earlier this year passed law to allow illegal immigrants to have driver license.

As long as it's not a REAL ID, you don't need to prove your immigration status to get 4 year license.

For REAL ID, your document won't suffice.
                  Did you get a 4-year driver's license? and when? I went to the Bakers Basin MVC this February without showing EAD, and they only gave me a 1-year driver's license. I called out the supervisor and she insisted that that was the policy for asylee. I went to the Flemington MVC several days later and the officer there also confirmed that policy.

I am not talking about REAL ID. I am not talking about cases where they give you a driver's license valid till EAD expiration date after showing the EAD.

Comment

Did you get a 4-year driver's license? and when? I went to the Bakers Basin MVC this February without showing EAD, and they only gave me a 1-year driver's license. I called out the supervisor and she insisted that that was the policy for asylee. I went to the Flemington MVC several days later and the officer there also confirmed that policy.

I am not talking about REAL ID. I am not talking about cases where they give you a driver's license valid till EAD expiration date after showing the EAD.
                    There is indeed has such a stupid policy before (and even now for REAL ID).

However, the policy change happened after Feb so if you go now you will be able to get full term license.

You don't even need to show your I94.

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

There is indeed has such a stupid policy before (and even now for REAL ID).

However, the policy change happened after Feb so if you go now you will be able to get full term license.

You don't even need to show your I94.
                      Thank you! So REAL ID for asylee is still only valid for 1-year if EAD not presented?

BTW, if using the foreign country passport from COP as an identification within U.S., will that be seen as availing himself or herself of the protection of that country?

Comment

• Anyone has any idea what’s happening with Texas Service Center (TSC). I don’t see any more updates on I-485 cases anymore.

Are they really working or not ?

They are keeping our lives at stake

Comment

Thank you! So REAL ID for asylee is still only valid for 1-year if EAD not presented?

BTW, if using the foreign country passport from COP as an identification within U.S., will that be seen as availing himself or herself of the protection of that country?
                          For NJ, REAL ID license even if you have EAD they might give you 1-year. Which is absurd.

For your second question, I would not give any legal advise on this, but generally it should not as long as you don't use the passport to enter US (until you got your GC).

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
                            Anyone has any idea what’s happening with Texas Service Center (TSC). I don’t see any more updates on I-485 cases anymore.

Are they really working or not ?

They are keeping our lives at stake
                            I totally agree.

Comment

• Anyone here have experience going back to their home country as derivative asylee green card holders?

Comment

• Originally posted by badbunny View Post
                                Anyone here have experience going back to their home country as derivative asylee green card holders?
                                Clarity - there is no asylee green card holders.

Your asylum status was terminated when you adjust status.

From a law perspective, you can travel wherever you want once you got your green card, as long as you don't conflict your own story. (such as you claimed your local government is hunting you and your spouse)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X