replied
    Originally posted by trinity01 View Post
    so true
    happy halloween ! :d

Leave a comment:

• gtaid1
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunny1122 View Post
    THANKYOU This information is really help ful I am waiting for my green card and I have RTD so after I get green card what is the process to visit Canada o plz explain me since you alreday travels and can I travel to uae?
    As far as I know UAE doesn't accept RTD so you cannot travel there.

Canada needs a visa to travel with RTD but I think GC holders don't need visa

So basically for any country you'll have to first check :

1 - does the country accept RTD?
    2 - do they need visa with RTD (only few countries don't need visa with RTD) ?
    3 - check their embassy website on how to apply for tourist visa

Leave a comment:

• Trinity01
    replied
    So true
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sunny1122
    replied
    Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post
    I won't join the misinformation information campaign, I am originally an ASYLEE and now I am a LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT and will apply to become a U.S. Citizenship in 2021. I travel internationally several times for vacation, and I only use a US REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571. I have been to several destinations including Dominican Republic, Canada, Kingdom of Netherlands, Bahamas and a few other countries and never had an issue. The law as I know it, You shouldn't be using the Passport of your Native Homeland, and you should use a US REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571 until you are granted US Citizenship by NATURALIZATION and issued a US PASSPORT. It is essential that you don't return to your home country until you become a US CITIZEN. The DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, DHS could refuse to allow you to re-enter the United States on the grounds that you implicitly no longer fear persecution.

ASYLEES must ONLY travel with a UNITED STATES REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571. If an asylee travels with a passport issued by the country from which he/she has been granted asylum, he/she can be seen as availing him/herself of the protections of his/her government which could lead to a finding by the U.S. government that she no longer needs asylum protection.

ASYLEES should understand, however, that even after obtaining legal permanent residence, they will have to use a US REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571 to travel abroad. It is only after an asylee becomes a US Citizen that he/she will be eligible for a US Passport.

ASYLEES should also understand that until they obtain US citizenship they cannot travel back to their home countries. When you apply to naturalize, you will have to list all international travel after obtaining legal permanent residence in the United States, and a DHS official could re-open the asylum grant upon learning that the applicant travelled back to his/her home country.
    THANKYOU This information is really help ful I am waiting for my green card and I have RTD so after I get green card what is the process to visit Canada o plz explain me since you alreday travels and can I travel to uae?

Leave a comment:

• Asylee Expert
    replied
    I won't join the misinformation information campaign, I am originally an ASYLEE and now I am a LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT and will apply to become a U.S. Citizenship in 2021. I travel internationally several times for vacation, and I only use a US REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571. I have been to several destinations including Dominican Republic, Canada, Kingdom of Netherlands, Bahamas and a few other countries and never had an issue. The law as I know it, You shouldn't be using the Passport of your Native Homeland, and you should use a US REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571 until you are granted US Citizenship by NATURALIZATION and issued a US PASSPORT. It is essential that you don't return to your home country until you become a US CITIZEN. The DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, DHS could refuse to allow you to re-enter the United States on the grounds that you implicitly no longer fear persecution.

ASYLEES must ONLY travel with a UNITED STATES REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571. If an asylee travels with a passport issued by the country from which he/she has been granted asylum, he/she can be seen as availing him/herself of the protections of his/her government which could lead to a finding by the U.S. government that she no longer needs asylum protection.

ASYLEES should understand, however, that even after obtaining legal permanent residence, they will have to use a US REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571 to travel abroad. It is only after an asylee becomes a US Citizen that he/she will be eligible for a US Passport.

ASYLEES should also understand that until they obtain US citizenship they cannot travel back to their home countries. When you apply to naturalize, you will have to list all international travel after obtaining legal permanent residence in the United States, and a DHS official could re-open the asylum grant upon learning that the applicant travelled back to his/her home country.

Leave a comment:

• Shuvo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

Did you have your fingerprints redone in Feb 2020?
    Yes i did.

Leave a comment:

• Hatori1980
    replied
    Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

No. I did not have to redo it. I did only once time after submitted i-485 in 2018. No REF no redo fingerprints.
    i am from South East Asia country so low risk country.

Leave a comment:

• KamlamLA
    replied
    Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

This is very hard to tell. It may depend on when they are doing background check...

My best guess is, won't affect your application because you just got married after you submitted application.

I haven’t see any updating shows my background check is clear. My status is still remaining in we received your application. So, hope it will not affect my application. Thank you for replying me!

Leave a comment:

• Jasmine22
    replied
    Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post
    Update
    March 2019 - we received your finger prints fee.
    today October 22- we approved your i-485.

19 months.

live in NYC. Granted from Asylum office.

I feel like you guys haven't had the fingerprints redone back in February and that's maybe why you could have had your GC processed quicker. I have a feeling they have lost the majority of the applicants' fingerprints and made us redo it, so our background check started in Feb 2020..

Leave a comment:

• Jasmine22
    replied
    Originally posted by Shuvo View Post
    The Wait is Over !!!! Thank God.
    I485 application received - December 31,2018
    Rfe received - September 02, 2020
    new card being produced - October 20, 2020.
    Texas Service Center.
    Good Luck guys!!!

Leave a comment:

• gtaid1
    replied
    Originally posted by KamlamLA View Post
    Hi, can someone help me with a question. I plan to get marry when my I 485 is pending with USCIS. Does it affect my green card processing time or anything I should do to notify USCIS? Thank you ????
    This is very hard to tell. It may depend on when they are doing background check...

My best guess is, won't affect your application because you just got married after you submitted application.

Leave a comment:

• KamlamLA
    replied
    Hi, can someone help me with a question. I plan to get marry when my I 485 is pending with USCIS. Does it affect my green card processing time or anything I should do to notify USCIS? Thank you ????

Leave a comment:

• Sahil728
    replied
    Update

19 months.

Hey Congratulations!
    You all are giving me great hope..

Leave a comment:

• Trinity01
    replied
    I hope they will process May 2019 cases till the end of this year

Leave a comment:

• Trinity01
    replied
    Update

19 months.

CONGRAAAATTTTSSSSS!!!!! Nice!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X