X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treehouse
    started a topic Asylum Based i-485

Asylum Based i-485

Hey guys. I want to post my timeline for my pending I-485 based on Asylum grant.

Jan 6, 2016: Asylum Approved by IJ. (My birth country is not a part of that unpopular travel plan)

Jan 8, 2017: Application to register for Permanent resident I-485 sent. Texas service center.

Jan 15, 2017: Application received and a case number was assigned.

Feb 12, 2017: Biometrics done

Awaiting approval! Will update once I get the final decision!

• boeing767
    replied
    Originally posted by chiccat View Post

I was able to get my gc yesterday. Local USPS office was so nice so they found it and delivered after hours.
    Congratulations! Your timeline was very quick compared to many people. Enjoy your PR for now.

Leave a comment:

• chiccat
    replied
    Originally posted by boeing767 View Post

Let's hope they resolve it. It just seems very strange that all the USCIS correspondences have no problems reaching you but the card itself somehow has problems. I once lost an EAD with USPS and had to reapply for $400, so I've developed a phobia when it comes to USPS delivering cards.
    I was able to get my gc yesterday. Local USPS office was so nice so they found it and delivered after hours.

Leave a comment:

• boeing767
    replied

"Addressees unknown"
    A couple of hours ago status changed to delivered to post office. They called me back after, looks like they had some system glitch.
    There were another guy in the same post office with a similar problem. Expecting delivery on Monday, hopefully.
    Let's hope they resolve it. It just seems very strange that all the USCIS correspondences have no problems reaching you but the card itself somehow has problems. I once lost an EAD with USPS and had to reapply for $400, so I've developed a phobia when it comes to USPS delivering cards.

Leave a comment:

• chiccat
    replied

Wow. My card just arrived this morning at the Los Angeles International Distribution Center, hope they don't mess it up.

What did they say exactly in the USPS tracking page?
    "Addressees unknown"
    A couple of hours ago status changed to delivered to post office. They called me back after, looks like they had some system glitch.
    There were another guy in the same post office with a similar problem. Expecting delivery on Monday, hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• boeing767
    replied
    Yes and I received all mail from USCIS without any problems so far.
    interesting the mail was market as undeliverable at the regional facility in CA which doesn’t make any sense. My post office has never received the package.
    Wow. My card just arrived this morning at the Los Angeles International Distribution Center, hope they don't mess it up.

What did they say exactly in the USPS tracking page?

Leave a comment:

• chiccat
    replied
    Originally posted by kastolife View Post

Really! Is the address where you currently live? And always post your name in mailbox - that makes sure USPS delivers!
    Yes and I received all mail from USCIS without any problems so far.
    interesting the mail was market as undeliverable at the regional facility in CA which doesn’t make any sense. My post office has never received the package.

Leave a comment:

• kastolife
    replied
    USPS messed up something with my green card and the status changed to Adressee unknown . Do I have to wait again 6 months to get my green card? USPS sent it back to USCIS.
    Thanks
    Really! Is the address where you currently live? And always post your name in mailbox - that makes sure USPS delivers!

Leave a comment:

• chiccat
    replied
    USPS messed up something with my green card and the status changed to Adressee unknown . Do I have to wait again 6 months to get my green card? USPS sent it back to USCIS.
    Thanks
    Last edited by chiccat; 08-17-2019, 11:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• blahvah
    replied
    Originally posted by 27march View Post
    Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

On August 15, 2019, your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXX, was transferred to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

I applied I485 and I131 both at same time In beginning of May and I just got update for I131 and it says like that. What is that mean, didn't get clear? Also I485 still at "Finger fee accepted" there is no update.
    You're gonna have to wait for the letter for specific reason but IMO
    Most likely it's transferred to speed up their workload. so it might be even good news for you, it will be a faster process.

Leave a comment:

• 27march
    replied
    Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

On August 15, 2019, your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXX, was transferred to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

I applied I485 and I131 both at same time In beginning of May and I just got update for I131 and it says like that. What is that mean, didn't get clear? Also I485 still at "Finger fee accepted" there is no update.

Leave a comment:

• boeing767
    replied
    Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post
    What Texas office doing ?
    It is so different timeline.
    My friend applied TSC last year, from NYC, and his status is still "biometrics taken." So be patient, but you're right I think TSC is slower.

Leave a comment:

• Hatori1980
    replied
    What Texas office doing ?
    It is so different timeline.

Leave a comment:

• boeing767
    replied
    Originally posted by badbunny View Post

Where are you from? If you don’t mind me asking.
    Malaysia

Leave a comment:

• badbunny
    replied

Cool, thanks.

For anyone who's curious, here is my timeline so far:

1/25/18 Asylum approved
    2/8/19 Priority Date I-485
    2/14/19 Check cashed
    3/9/19 Biometric notification
    3/19/19 Biometric appointment
    8/13/19 Card produced

I'm applying from Los Angeles, Nebraska Service Center.

Where are you from? If you don’t mind me asking.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X