Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by folads21 View Post
    Hi All,

I got an update of “Request for Evidence” today and I am nervous what it could be. Has anyone been in that situation before? My file is in NSC
    I got the letter today for the additional evidence. It stated that I miss a question on my I485 form “ have you ever violated the terms of your non immigrants visa” they requested that I should reply with yes or no and if yes I should explain why.

My response will be YES because I overstayer for two months before I submit my application for Asylum, so what should I state as reasons for over staying? Please guide me on my response.

Thank you all.

Comment

• Originally posted by folads21 View Post

I got the letter today for the additional evidence. It stated that I miss a question on my I485 form “ have you ever violated the terms of your non immigrants visa” they requested that I should reply with yes or no and if yes I should explain why.

My response will be YES because I overstayer for two months before I submit my application for Asylum, so what should I state as reasons for over staying? Please guide me on my response.

Thank you all.
      hi,
      you should never left this option unmark at initial level because you just draw unwanted attention in your application. There is nothing to worry about and send the form back as no, because you didn’t violated any of non immigration rules. Being an asylee or potential asylee you are exempt from overstaying. After the admission a potential asylee can apply for asylum within one year of time period and as soon you apply asylum even though your i-94 is expired you are still and never needs any kind of waiver or explanation to cover that time period. Now just send the application back with a cover letter that you never violated any immigration laws and that this question was left unmarked unintentionally. And good news for you is that as soon you send your application back you green will be approved within a week or so.
      Last edited by Kashigill; 03-07-2020, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• I got notifications to provide new medical evidences for my family, but I just got 3 notification letters for 4 applications while the case status on USCIS website shows that they sent 4 notifications. In this case, do you know how long does it take to request a copy from USCIS website? and is there any problem if I send 3 medical forms first, then send the other form after I receive the copy of the missing notification? Please note that, the missing is one of a derivative application.
        Please advise. Thank you.

Comment

• Hi fellows, I'm panicking, It says my card has been returned? it says: Your item was returned to the sender on March 7, 2020 at 2:41 pm because of an incomplete address.
          obviously I have not changed anything. What can I do?

Comment

• Originally posted by garbage View Post
            Hi fellows, I'm panicking, It says my card has been returned? it says: Your item was returned to the sender on March 7, 2020 at 2:41 pm because of an incomplete address.
            obviously I have not changed anything. What can I do?
            Hey! Just give them a call and get connected to an officer or a representative. As long as your card has been already issued, I see no problem. It's really most probably just an address issue. Just fix it

Comment

• Hi can some one knows with RTD AND GREEN CARD DO I NEED ETA TO TRAVLE TO CANADA BY ROAD ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

Hey! Just give them a call and get connected to an officer or a representative. As long as your card has been already issued, I see no problem. It's really most probably just an address issue. Just fix it
                for sure I will call them. What do you mean just fix it? I mean address has not been changed, it's the the same address. Nothing I'v changed. USPS tracking shows that they've put only city and wrong zip code, they did not put no building,no apartment address just a wrong zip code and city. Like how much incompetent gotta be to not check the address.
                So I'd suggest to others call them as soon as you approved to call them and make sure to give an address even if it's the same address

Comment

for sure I will call them. What do you mean just fix it? I mean address has not been changed, it's the the same address. Nothing I'v changed. USPS tracking shows that they've put only city and wrong zip code, they did not put no building,no apartment address just a wrong zip code and city. Like how much incompetent gotta be to not check the address.
                  So I'd suggest to others call them as soon as you approved to call them and make sure to give an address even if it's the same address
                  I apologize. I meant to say ''fix the problem''. I'm sure you were responsible enough to have the right address on file. I'm sure you'll get it soon! You walked all this way by yourself and you almost got it! The fact that it was sent to an incomplete address can be fixed easily!

I wanted to ask you, how did you receive the update about your green card being produced? Did you just check the website randomly like all of us, or did you get an email, SMS? Was it a letter? Very very curious
                  Last edited by Jasmine22; 03-09-2020, 02:12 AM.

Comment

I apologize. I meant to say ''fix the problem''. I'm sure you were responsible enough to have the right address on file. I'm sure you'll get it soon! You walked all this way by yourself and you almost got it! The fact that it was sent to an incomplete address can be fixed easy!

I wanted to ask you, how did you receive the update about your green card being produced? Did you just check the website randomly like all of us, or did you get an email, SMS? Was it a letter? Very very curious
                    thanks. Yep, just status check on uscis, every.single.day. Unhealthy probably but every chance without even thinking I was just on status check. I have opted for email and text but never received anything.

Comment

thanks. Yep, just status check on uscis, every.single.day. Unhealthy probably but every chance without even thinking I was just on status check. I have opted for email and text but never received anything.
                      oh hun! If you think that's unhealthy, then we're all unhealthy here I check that same page every day, a couple of times a day, even though I know nothing changed there

It's great that you have mentioned that you opted for SMS and email updates because I did too. Now, I'll know that there is a chance that may not work as well. After I've done my fingerprints this February, the message changed to ''Fingerprints were taken.'', and even then I haven't got any notifications.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxygaga View Post
                        Hey guys I have been following this thread and I would like to share my info.
                        Asylum granted on 01/11/2019
                        Sent AOS on 01/22/2020
                        Did Biometrics on 02/21/2020
                        TSC is so slow I pray I get my green card soon
                        I don't mean to disappoint you but the fact is that they didn't even started processing 2019 cases yet.

Comment

oh hun! If you think that's unhealthy, then we're all unhealthy here I check that same page every day, a couple of times a day, even though I know nothing changed there

It's great that you have mentioned that you opted for SMS and email updates because I did too. Now, I'll know that there is a chance that may not work as well. After I've done my fingerprints this February, the message changed to ''Fingerprints were taken.'', and even then I haven't got any notifications.
                          If that's the case, i am the most unhealthiest person as i have bookmarked this page on my office computer. and i have a bad habit of checking it after every 30-40 mins. i hope that day comes sooner when i am finally able to get rid of this habit. I pray for all of my fellow applicants to receive their GC asap and we all get a relief from all this immigration BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post

If that's the case, i am the most unhealthiest person as i have bookmarked this page on my office computer. and i have a bad habit of checking it after every 30-40 mins. i hope that day comes sooner when i am finally able to get rid of this habit. I pray for all of my fellow applicants to receive their GC asap and we all get a relief from all this immigration BS.
                            Lol

I am worst than you I check it for every 10 minutes.

Keeping my fingers cross for all of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Lol

I am worst than you I check it for every 10 minutes.

Keeping my fingers cross for all of us.
                              lol i thought i would look nuts if i said that in real i look every 10 mins if my status changed or not.But now i feel confident that i have other crazy people like me

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny1122 View Post
                                Hi can some one knows with RTD AND GREEN CARD DO I NEED ETA TO TRAVLE TO CANADA BY ROAD ?
                                You don't need a visa or an eTA. However, to get to Canada by car, train, bus or boat, you must bring valid proof of your U.S. lawful permanent resident status (such as a Green Card.* I wrote about this in my blog on February 10, 2020. Your U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 should be valid for the length of stay, there is no 3 or 6 month minimum requirement for Canada.

Last edited by ceci1073; 03-09-2020, 12:16 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X