Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good news over here! Dec 2017 PD. As expected, the interview notice was mailed to our old address. I'm happy to share tips on how we got hold of the notice if anyone is worried about the same thing happening. It's very stressful not knowing when the interview is and being told by USCIS to "wait 30 days".

    Our interview was this week. We were called in about 1 hour after our interview time. No children, no joint bank account or credit cards, no family at our wedding, but we weren't grilled too hard. We didn't receive any white paper nor did we hear anything about removing conditions etc, it was left at "I need to review your documents". Got an update the next day saying our card is in production. 6 days before our 2 year wedding anniversary! Frustrating! But so relieved to have this good news.

    It's a long wait but you will all get there eventually. Good luck!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by yeahbuddy View Post
      Good news over here! Dec 2017 PD. As expected, the interview notice was mailed to our old address. I'm happy to share tips on how we got hold of the notice if anyone is worried about the same thing happening. It's very stressful not knowing when the interview is and being told by USCIS to "wait 30 days".

      Our interview was this week. We were called in about 1 hour after our interview time. No children, no joint bank account or credit cards, no family at our wedding, but we weren't grilled too hard. We didn't receive any white paper nor did we hear anything about removing conditions etc, it was left at "I need to review your documents". Got an update the next day saying our card is in production. 6 days before our 2 year wedding anniversary! Frustrating! But so relieved to have this good news.

      It's a long wait but you will all get there eventually. Good luck!
      BIG CONGRATULATIONS yeahbuddy one last question before we leave you in peace to enjoy your GC (come back and let us know what they issue to you a conditional one or a 10 year one) - when did you get your EAD/AP renewal card? Thank you for writing back.
      B_Andie looks like the December 2017 cases are moving so if our friend here isnt an outlier, we should be getting an interview schedule notice around November this year?
      Dorothyguenther Thank you for writing an update on the EAD/AP renewal card, much appreciated.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
        BIG CONGRATULATIONS yeahbuddy one last question before we leave you in peace to enjoy your GC (come back and let us know what they issue to you a conditional one or a 10 year one) - when did you get your EAD/AP renewal card? Thank you for writing back.
        I have not received my renewed EAD card. I had the automatic 180 days EAD extension but my AP expired in April 2019. We're going to celebrate the green card's arrival with a trip to Canada!

        Next step for us is making sure the green card comes to the correct address! Our IO was confused why the interview notice went to the old one and said they'd double check the system for us. Hopefully that means it will be sent here.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by yeahbuddy View Post

          I have not received my renewed EAD card. I had the automatic 180 days EAD extension but my AP expired in April 2019. We're going to celebrate the green card's arrival with a trip to Canada!

          Next step for us is making sure the green card comes to the correct address! Our IO was confused why the interview notice went to the old one and said they'd double check the system for us. Hopefully that means it will be sent here.
          yeahbuddy thank you for the quick reply, just one tiny little clarification on the automatic 180 days EAD extension, aside from the fact that the EAD does automatically extend 180 days, did you get a notification in writing from immigration that it was extended for 180 days? How about your AP? I'm not sure APs go with an automatic extension, so did you receive an extension in writing as well?
          Cheers and big congratulations again :-)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

            yeahbuddy thank you for the quick reply, just one tiny little clarification on the automatic 180 days EAD extension, aside from the fact that the EAD does automatically extend 180 days, did you get a notification in writing from immigration that it was extended for 180 days? How about your AP? I'm not sure APs go with an automatic extension, so did you receive an extension in writing as well?
            Cheers and big congratulations again :-)
            yeahbuddy last one - your interview was in the Tukwila facility right? I just wanted to check by any chance if your interview was in another field office.
            Cheers.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

              yeahbuddy thank you for the quick reply, just one tiny little clarification on the automatic 180 days EAD extension, aside from the fact that the EAD does automatically extend 180 days, did you get a notification in writing from immigration that it was extended for 180 days? How about your AP? I'm not sure APs go with an automatic extension, so did you receive an extension in writing as well?
              Cheers and big congratulations again :-)
              oh no worries, I'm happy to share details, I know how stressful this whole thing is.

              The NOA for the receipt of my I-765 renewal included the text about the 180 days extension. It refers to the eligibility categories - I'm C09. That means my expired EAD card and that receipt letter can be used for Form I-9.

              The NOA for the receipt of my I-131 renewal did not include any text about extensions. I assumed that meant there is no automatic extension and my AP expired on the date listed on my original card.

              and yes, my interview was at the Seattle office on Tukwila. We would have happily gone to Yakima or Portland to speed things up but so far I've only heard of citizenship interviews facing that possibility.

              Comment


              • Has any employment-based filers interviewing in seattle (12500 Tukwila) been approved on the spot or next day? Trying to gauge whether my gc would be approved within July or would I have to wait for Oct due to retrogression...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by yeahbuddy View Post

                  oh no worries, I'm happy to share details, I know how stressful this whole thing is.

                  The NOA for the receipt of my I-765 renewal included the text about the 180 days extension. It refers to the eligibility categories - I'm C09. That means my expired EAD card and that receipt letter can be used for Form I-9.

                  The NOA for the receipt of my I-131 renewal did not include any text about extensions. I assumed that meant there is no automatic extension and my AP expired on the date listed on my original card.

                  and yes, my interview was at the Seattle office on Tukwila. We would have happily gone to Yakima or Portland to speed things up but so far I've only heard of citizenship interviews facing that possibility.
                  thank you for writing back
                  enjoy!

                  Comment


                  • Hi alll,
                    wanted to update on this thread, i have a Friend that is married based from December 2017 and has her interview on July 31st. I am also AOS married based, my PD is Feb 2018 and just received the interview alert on my email, waiting for the mail to arrive in the next 5 days.
                    I will update the thread once i recieve more details. So ready for the wait to be over. I've been married for almost 7 years but we were super slow in filing (making sure we were 100% going to live in the Us permanently).

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

                      ftsoh congratulations on the anniversary milestone.
                      Keep the faith, your time for interview will come, it has always been a waiting game. And I really appreciate you participating in the discussion. It helps us all.
                      Cheers.
                      Thanks gaps0214.

                      Originally posted by AngieMS View Post
                      Hi alll,
                      wanted to update on this thread, i have a Friend that is married based from December 2017 and has her interview on July 31st. I am also AOS married based, my PD is Feb 2018 and just received the interview alert on my email, waiting for the mail to arrive in the next 5 days.
                      I will update the thread once i recieve more details. So ready for the wait to be over. I've been married for almost 7 years but we were super slow in filing (making sure we were 100% going to live in the Us permanently).
                      Thanks AngieMS. Yours and yeahbuddy's news are really encouraging.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by AngieMS View Post
                        Hi alll,
                        wanted to update on this thread, i have a Friend that is married based from December 2017 and has her interview on July 31st. I am also AOS married based, my PD is Feb 2018 and just received the interview alert on my email, waiting for the mail to arrive in the next 5 days.
                        I will update the thread once i recieve more details. So ready for the wait to be over. I've been married for almost 7 years but we were super slow in filing (making sure we were 100% going to live in the Us permanently).
                        AngieMS excited for you fellow Seattle filer, do return and write about your interview experience, if by any chance you get an interview in another FO location other than Seattle we definitely want to read about it

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                          AngieMS excited for you fellow Seattle filer, do return and write about your interview experience, if by any chance you get an interview in another FO location other than Seattle we definitely want to read about it
                          All - I am March 2018 filer and just got update that my interview was scheduled.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

                            All - I am March 2018 filer and just got update that my interview was scheduled.
                            B_Andie Woohoo! I'm gonna check mine now too

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

                              B_Andie Woohoo! I'm gonna check mine now too
                              B_Andie Not my day yet, no change in my case status still ready to be scheduled for interview, please keep us posted

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

                                B_Andie Not my day yet, no change in my case status still ready to be scheduled for interview, please keep us posted
                                My PD is June 2018 and moments ago it updated again to Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview - which is curious because it's been its status since Aug 2018.
                                At least I'm seeing these updates as good news, it means they're working on our cases.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X