Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by ftsoh View Post
    Looking at the USCIS Processing Time, Yakima and Spokane is just as bad as Seattle for family based I-4*5. Portland seems to process March 2018 cases though.

    I also wonder if USCIS already started case transfer or they are simply planning to do it at this point and it will take months to implement.
    Amazing that Portland is processing family-based AOS so quickly.
    The news items on the transfer of USCIS immigration case loads between nearby field offices is quite substantial online, we have to thank the on going immigration politics playing out from DC.
    We would happily make the 6-hour roundtrip drive between SEA and PDX if they would schedule Seattle-based AOS applicants there soon.

    Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
    PD: March 22, 2018
    RD: April 6, 2018
    Biometrics: April 27, 2018
    RFE: June 11, 2018
    RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
    Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
    July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
    August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
    August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
    August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
    September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
    September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
    October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
    November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
    February 22, 2019: Sent Renewal Application for EAD/AP
    March 13, 2019: Received NOA on AP Renewal Application (new MSC reference number)
    March 27, 2019: Received NOA on EAD Renewal Application (new MSC reference number), no biometrics required

    Comment


    • #92
      After being approved last Monday, I received my actual greencard in the mail yesterday.. finally!

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by ewilliams View Post
        After being approved last Monday, I received my actual greencard in the mail yesterday.. finally!
        Congratulations! hope you dont mind me asking, but we're curious if you got the 2 year conditional GC or the 10 year GC?
        Looking forward to read from you again.

        Cheers,

        Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
        PD: March 22, 2018
        RD: April 6, 2018
        Biometrics: April 27, 2018
        RFE: June 11, 2018
        RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
        Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
        July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
        August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
        August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
        August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
        September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
        September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
        October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
        November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
        February 22, 2019: Sent Renewal Application for EAD/AP
        March 13, 2019: Received NOA on AP Renewal Application (new MSC reference number)
        March 27, 2019: Received NOA on EAD Renewal Application (new MSC reference number), no biometrics required

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

          Congratulations! hope you dont mind me asking, but we're curious if you got the 2 year conditional GC or the 10 year GC?
          Looking forward to read from you again.

          Cheers,

          Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
          PD: March 22, 2018
          RD: April 6, 2018
          Biometrics: April 27, 2018
          RFE: June 11, 2018
          RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
          Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
          July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
          August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
          August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
          August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
          September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
          September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
          October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
          November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
          February 22, 2019: Sent Renewal Application for EAD/AP
          March 13, 2019: Received NOA on AP Renewal Application (new MSC reference number)
          March 27, 2019: Received NOA on EAD Renewal Application (new MSC reference number), no biometrics required
          I received the 10yr greencard. And thank you!

          Comment


          • #95
            Really have to scream wtf... Processing time for Family Based AOS was creeping up to 25 months with PD retrogress to Jun 2017.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by ftsoh View Post
              Really have to scream wtf... Processing time for Family Based AOS was creeping up to 25 months with PD retrogress to Jun 2017.
              OMG! You are right!
              I just checked the USCIS website and it moved back from December 2017 to June 2017 for family-based AOS.
              A glitch perhaps? But yes that is upsetting.
              Let's hope it gets back on track.

              Cheers,
              Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
              PD: March 22, 2018
              RD: April 6, 2018
              Biometrics: April 27, 2018
              RFE: June 11, 2018
              RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
              Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
              July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
              August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
              August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
              August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
              September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
              September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
              October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
              November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
              February 22, 2019: Sent Renewal Application for EAD/AP
              March 13, 2019: Received NOA on AP Renewal Application (new MSC reference number)
              March 27, 2019: Received NOA on EAD Renewal Application (new MSC reference number), no biometrics required

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by ftsoh View Post
                Really have to scream wtf... Processing time for Family Based AOS was creeping up to 25 months with PD retrogress to Jun 2017.
                Oh my, this is very frustrating :/
                Does anyone know what month are currently receiving interview notices (family based) in Seattle?

                Based on the current processing times, I might have to wait one more year - my PD is June 28, 2018

                Comment


                • #98
                  It does not surprise me unfortunately. The system was updating automatically until they realized they haven’t finished with December filers. Per my lawyer it also seems that USCIS had a spike in applications during the first quarter of 2018 which means that all the people who is behind March 2018 filers might delayed the process even more

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
                    It does not surprise me unfortunately. The system was updating automatically until they realized they haven’t finished with December filers. Per my lawyer it also seems that USCIS had a spike in applications during the first quarter of 2018 which means that all the people who is behind March 2018 filers might delayed the process even more
                    It's gonna be a wild ride.
                    Frustrating as it is, I am reminded that when we were waiting for EADs and APs when we overcame all the anxiety of getting that done.
                    I am hoping that that piece of news about USCIS farming out cases to less busy FOs will pan out in Seattle.
                    There is also the cases I've read about when their FO published waiting times were a lot longer than the time it took them to get scheduled for an interview, lucky fellas.
                    Its just a matter of waiting. Keep your tail up folks.

                    Cheers,
                    Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
                    PD: March 22, 2018
                    RD: April 6, 2018
                    Biometrics: April 27, 2018
                    RFE: June 11, 2018
                    RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
                    Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
                    July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
                    August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
                    August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
                    August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
                    September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
                    September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
                    October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
                    November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
                    February 22, 2019: Sent Renewal Application for EAD/AP
                    March 13, 2019: Received NOA on AP Renewal Application (new MSC reference number)
                    March 27, 2019: Received NOA on EAD Renewal Application (new MSC reference number), no biometrics required

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

                      It's gonna be a wild ride.
                      Frustrating as it is, I am reminded that when we were waiting for EADs and APs when we overcame all the anxiety of getting that done.
                      I am hoping that that piece of news about USCIS farming out cases to less busy FOs will pan out in Seattle.
                      There is also the cases I've read about when their FO published waiting times were a lot longer than the time it took them to get scheduled for an interview, lucky fellas.
                      Its just a matter of waiting. Keep your tail up folks.

                      Cheers,
                      Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
                      PD: March 22, 2018
                      RD: April 6, 2018
                      Biometrics: April 27, 2018
                      RFE: June 11, 2018
                      RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
                      Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
                      July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
                      August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
                      August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
                      August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
                      September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
                      September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
                      October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
                      November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved
                      February 22, 2019: Sent Renewal Application for EAD/AP
                      March 13, 2019: Received NOA on AP Renewal Application (new MSC reference number)
                      March 27, 2019: Received NOA on EAD Renewal Application (new MSC reference number), no biometrics required
                      Also the time for getting EAD renewal increased to 6.5 - 8.5 months!
                      Last edited by B_Andie; 07-02-2019, 12:41 AM.

                      Comment


                      • PD in February 2018, nothing yet.....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by hopeluck View Post
                          PD in February 2018, nothing yet.....
                          Thanks for updating the thread.
                          Are you on marriage based AOS or employment based AOS?
                          Keep us posted when you have news on your case status.

                          Cheers ????

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by sea062018 View Post

                            Oh my, this is very frustrating :/
                            Does anyone know what month are currently receiving interview notices (family based) in Seattle?

                            Based on the current processing times, I might have to wait one more year - my PD is June 28, 2018
                            My PD date was Dec 2017 and I had my interview 3weeks ago.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

                              Thanks for updating the thread.
                              Are you on marriage based AOS or employment based AOS?
                              Keep us posted when you have news on your case status.

                              Cheers ????
                              hey gaps0214!
                              I know some people whose employer filed employment GC in Seattle. For them, this GC is taking between 6 and 8 months for interview. Anyone who is waiting for more than a year is Marriage based (or from a nationality that is pretty backlogged..such as India).

                              This is why I posted before that Seattle office gives priority to this type of GC

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ewilliams View Post

                                My PD date was Dec 2017 and I had my interview 3weeks ago.
                                Thanks a lot for sharing!
                                Following your timeline, I might have my interview in Dec (fingers crossed!)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X