Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ewilliams View Post

    My PD date was Dec 2017 and I had my interview 3weeks ago.
    I suppose you are employment based? Based on USCIS, they are processing Jan 2018 now. So it would make sense they processed Dec 2017 cases 3 weeks ago.

    What I am trying to express is, I am afraid the processing time on the USCIS website is accurate, i.e. they are really working June 2017 family based cases now.
    Last edited by ftsoh; 07-06-2019, 11:48 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ftsoh View Post

      I suppose you are employment based? Based on USCIS, they are processing Jan 2018 now. So it would make sense they processed Dec 2017 cases 3 weeks ago.

      What I am trying to express is, I am afraid the processing time on the USCIS website is accurate, i.e. they are really working June 2107 family based cases now.
      No I am not employment based. My greencard is through Marriage ( C09 )

      Comment


      • PD for us is March 2018. We did send in a renewal EAD application and had the new replacement card in hand 11 days later despite the time frames posted on the USCIS website. Still no word on an interview date.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post
          PD for us is March 2018. We did send in a renewal EAD application and had the new replacement card in hand 11 days later despite the time frames posted on the USCIS website. Still no word on an interview date.
          Dorothy - can you share details of your renewal? My pd for renewal is feb 1,2019 and so far I haven’t received any update. Thank you for sharing!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ftsoh View Post

            I suppose you are employment based? Based on USCIS, they are processing Jan 2018 now. So it would make sense they processed Dec 2017 cases 3 weeks ago.

            What I am trying to express is, I am afraid the processing time on the USCIS website is accurate, i.e. they are really working June 2017 family based cases now.
            Hey! As I mentioned before employment green cards take for all people in the rest of the world category at most 6 months. My friends who applied in January already have their GC. Everyone who takes more than a year is marriage. Read my posts and you will se that the Seattle office stopped working on marriage based interview for almost 6 months ...and fully allocated their capacity to employment gcs. This is what I think based on what I read here and what I see in my social network.

            Comment


            • Our PD for EAD Renewal was June 11, 2019. We had card in hand June 22, 2019.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post
                Our PD for EAD Renewal was June 11, 2019. We had card in hand June 22, 2019.
                Wow, first time I read something like this, all other reports say they receive the receipt and take several months to get the new EAD. Congrats.
                Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                Day 12/34 - Case and Fingerprint Fee Received / Biometrics appointment
                Day 112 - EAD delivered
                Day 195 - Letter for missing I-693
                Day 3xx - no news

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post
                  Our PD for EAD Renewal was June 11, 2019. We had card in hand June 22, 2019.
                  Yes - you would agree that this is an outlier for sure. USCIS is so manual that this doesn’t surprise me. Gaps and I filed renewal early this year and so far nothing

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

                    Hey! As I mentioned before employment green cards take for all people in the rest of the world category at most 6 months. My friends who applied in January already have their GC. Everyone who takes more than a year is marriage. Read my posts and you will se that the Seattle office stopped working on marriage based interview for almost 6 months ...and fully allocated their capacity to employment gcs. This is what I think based on what I read here and what I see in my social network.
                    If this is the case, it would be so unfair for marriage based AOS filer.
                    Last edited by ftsoh; 07-06-2019, 11:04 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post
                      Our PD for EAD Renewal was June 11, 2019. We had card in hand June 22, 2019.
                      This is super quick, even quicker than lightning

                      Comment


                      • I hope you both get something soon. I was shocked to be honest. I was worried it wouldn't show up before the current one expires. I know they have the automatic 180-day extension but having a card that looks like it's expired...I don't like it. LOL!

                        Comment


                        • I am really flustered (but no fault of those in the thread who got their paperwork earlier than published processing times) to read that their EAD renewals have come so fast.
                          We've put out our renewal papers early exactly 180 days before expiry and to date have not had any updates from USCIS.
                          It gets almost upsetting that applicants in other states field offices with published processing times as long as Seattle are also getting GC interviews scheduled well ahead of those processing times.
                          It just seems to be so random? You almost get that sinking feeling that the paperwork that gets through the pipeline is being fished out of a bowl at immigration.
                          Congratulations to those who got their EAD/AP renewals and GC interviews, we can only wish we were in your shoes as well.

                          Cheers

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                            I am really flustered (but no fault of those in the thread who got their paperwork earlier than published processing times) to read that their EAD renewals have come so fast.
                            We've put out our renewal papers early exactly 180 days before expiry and to date have not had any updates from USCIS.
                            It gets almost upsetting that applicants in other states field offices with published processing times as long as Seattle are also getting GC interviews scheduled well ahead of those processing times.
                            It just seems to be so random? You almost get that sinking feeling that the paperwork that gets through the pipeline is being fished out of a bowl at immigration.
                            Congratulations to those who got their EAD/AP renewals and GC interviews, we can only wish we were in your shoes as well.

                            Cheers
                            What I think is that the long wait is because of the large amount of employment based GC in Seattle.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by hopeluck View Post

                              What I think is that the long wait is because of the large amount of employment based GC in Seattle.
                              Which is why I would like to believe that if the Seattle FO is being managed by professionals (who are not fishing our cases out of a fishbowl) will find it makes sense to farm out the family-based adjustment workload to nearby FOs like Yakima, Spokane or Portland, the latter being most likely possible/viable alternate FO for Seattle to alleviate the backlog.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

                                Which is why I would like to believe that if the Seattle FO is being managed by professionals (who are not fishing our cases out of a fishbowl) will find it makes sense to farm out the family-based adjustment workload to nearby FOs like Yakima, Spokane or Portland, the latter being most likely possible/viable alternate FO for Seattle to alleviate the backlog.
                                I wish there’s a place we can give feedbacks and to be heard... This whole thing is being ridiculous.... December applications has been processed since March. Hopefully January applications will be started soon.... ugh

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X