Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
    Hello Seattle Filers with conditional GC,

    So we've subscribed to another thread across the pond, you might want to keep an eye for that because UScitizenFilingforspouse who has been very diligent in the AOS threads has put up a TOC for the removal of conditions which could be a great resource in putting together your strategy and get through the removal filing with ease when the time comes, link is below:

    https://www.immihelp.com/forum/after...nent-residence

    Cheers
    I think we will have a permanent GC after two years automatically (if still in marriage) right? Is this thread for remove the condition earlier or just for 2 years later? Thanks!

    Comment


    • Hello - you have to file to remove conditions. It is not automatic.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by vv123 View Post

        I think we will have a permanent GC after two years automatically (if still in marriage) right? Is this thread for remove the condition earlier or just for 2 years later? Thanks!
        vv123 Hi there, an ROC application needs to be filed with another payment for the I-751 and biometric services at month 21 before the 2-year conditional GC expires. So take note of your date and make sure the I-751 is filed within the 90-day period before expiration date of your GC.
        Cheers.

        Comment


        • You also don’t have to wait until the card expires. You can file for ROC as soon as you have been married 2 years.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Aj9188 View Post
            You also don’t have to wait until the card expires. You can file for ROC as soon as you have been married 2 years.
            From what I read, the process should start 90 days before the 2-year conditional GC expires (not related to 2-year marriage):
            https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/aft...based-marriage
            Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
            Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
            Day 12/34 - Case and Fingerprint Fee Received / Biometrics appointment
            Day 112 - EAD delivered
            Day 195 - Letter for missing I-693
            Day 3xx - no news

            Comment


            • You are correct. I was mistaken. What I found on further research is that if you have been married for more than two years at the time of approval you may receive a non conditional 10 year card. If you have a conditional card unfortunately even if your second anniversary was one day after approval date you get a conditional card and have to wait 90 days of export to remove conditions.

              Comment


              • How’s everybody doing? It’s awfully quite here . Any interviews for priority dates July or August?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

                  vv123 Hi there, an ROC application needs to be filed with another payment for the I-751 and biometric services at month 21 before the 2-year conditional GC expires. So take note of your date and make sure the I-751 is filed within the 90-day period before expiration date of your GC.
                  Cheers.
                  Thanks for the reply. Aj9188 just mentioned we can file for ROC as soon as we have been married 2 years.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Aj9188 View Post
                    You are correct. I was mistaken. What I found on further research is that if you have been married for more than two years at the time of approval you may receive a non conditional 10 year card. If you have a conditional card unfortunately even if your second anniversary was one day after approval date you get a conditional card and have to wait 90 days of export to remove conditions.
                    Got it. Have to wait 21 months. Lets do that later!

                    Comment


                    • Happy Monday ! Any more appointment notices received by anyone out there ?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Aj9188 View Post
                        Happy Monday ! Any more appointment notices received by anyone out there ?
                        Starting October EB2 green card became current again. Which based on my experience seems that the Seattle office will not work on family based green cards for a while. Unfortunately everyone who has not received an answer will have to wait months to get some news...

                        Comment


                        • Hello Seattle Filers,

                          For those who have obtained their GCs already, I have a quick question:
                          Has anyone applied to a trusted traveler program like Nexus, please share your experience on getting conditional approval and the in person interview.
                          Any information will be gratefully appreciated.

                          Cheers.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X