Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
    Hello Seattle Filers with conditional GC,

So we've subscribed to another thread across the pond, you might want to keep an eye for that because UScitizenFilingforspouse who has been very diligent in the AOS threads has put up a TOC for the removal of conditions which could be a great resource in putting together your strategy and get through the removal filing with ease when the time comes, link is below:

Cheers
    I think we will have a permanent GC after two years automatically (if still in marriage) right? Is this thread for remove the condition earlier or just for 2 years later? Thanks!

Comment

• Hello - you have to file to remove conditions. It is not automatic.

Comment

• Originally posted by vv123 View Post

I think we will have a permanent GC after two years automatically (if still in marriage) right? Is this thread for remove the condition earlier or just for 2 years later? Thanks!
        vv123 Hi there, an ROC application needs to be filed with another payment for the I-751 and biometric services at month 21 before the 2-year conditional GC expires. So take note of your date and make sure the I-751 is filed within the 90-day period before expiration date of your GC.
        Cheers.

Comment

• You also don’t have to wait until the card expires. You can file for ROC as soon as you have been married 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aj9188 View Post
            You also don’t have to wait until the card expires. You can file for ROC as soon as you have been married 2 years.
            From what I read, the process should start 90 days before the 2-year conditional GC expires (not related to 2-year marriage):
            https://www.uscis.govhttps://www.imm...based-marriage
            Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
            Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
            Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
            ---
            All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• You are correct. I was mistaken. What I found on further research is that if you have been married for more than two years at the time of approval you may receive a non conditional 10 year card. If you have a conditional card unfortunately even if your second anniversary was one day after approval date you get a conditional card and have to wait 90 days of export to remove conditions.

Comment

• How’s everybody doing? It’s awfully quite here . Any interviews for priority dates July or August?

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

vv123 Hi there, an ROC application needs to be filed with another payment for the I-751 and biometric services at month 21 before the 2-year conditional GC expires. So take note of your date and make sure the I-751 is filed within the 90-day period before expiration date of your GC.
                  Cheers.
                  Thanks for the reply. Aj9188 just mentioned we can file for ROC as soon as we have been married 2 years.

Comment

You are correct. I was mistaken. What I found on further research is that if you have been married for more than two years at the time of approval you may receive a non conditional 10 year card. If you have a conditional card unfortunately even if your second anniversary was one day after approval date you get a conditional card and have to wait 90 days of export to remove conditions.
                    Got it. Have to wait 21 months. Lets do that later!

Comment

• Happy Monday ! Any more appointment notices received by anyone out there ?

Comment

Happy Monday ! Any more appointment notices received by anyone out there ?
                        Starting October EB2 green card became current again. Which based on my experience seems that the Seattle office will not work on family based green cards for a while. Unfortunately everyone who has not received an answer will have to wait months to get some news...

Comment

• Hello Seattle Filers,

For those who have obtained their GCs already, I have a quick question:
                          Has anyone applied to a trusted traveler program like Nexus, please share your experience on getting conditional approval and the in person interview.
                          Any information will be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers.

Comment

• Any Seattle filers who recently received interview notices? Getting jelly seeing August 2019 filers from other field offices like Kansas City, MO getting their interview dates.... Looking at historical timelines shared it seems like the wait for Seattle office is AT LEAST 1 YEAR. That's pretty crazy.. wish there's something we could do to help speed things up
                            City: Seattle, WA
                            Service Center : NBC
                            AOS through marriage from H1B - Concurrent Filing for I-485, I-130, I-765

8/8/2019 Package Sent
                            8/12/2019 Package Delivered
                            8/18/2019 Received NOA texts
                            9/10/2019 Biometrics Appt
                            9/12/2019 Status updated online to Biometrics Completed
                            10/10/2019 I485 update : Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                            12/3/2019 EAD update : Case was approved
                            12/7/2019 EAD update : Received EAD in mail

Comment

• I want to know that too. I’m an August 2018 filer and it’s been a real long wait. I hope our interview comes up soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by meowmeow123 View Post
                                Any Seattle filers who recently received interview notices? Getting jelly seeing August 2019 filers from other field offices like Kansas City, MO getting their interview dates.... Looking at historical timelines shared it seems like the wait for Seattle office is AT LEAST 1 YEAR. That's pretty crazy.. wish there's something we could do to help speed things up
                                1 year is pretty generous. We applied on March 2018, no rfes, in less than a month we were ready to schedule for interview. Our interview took place on early September 2019...be prepared to wait at least 17 months. The reason why so many applicants from April and May got interview in the same month if because eb2 green cards were over by July and they only started processing them in October (start of the fiscal year). Basically wha ti am trying to say here is that it seems family based visas is not priority. They will only work on our cases once they have some available time. A December 2017 filer got his interview in Jan 2019. We all got excited thinking we would be around April but that didn’t happen. I didn’t find any other applicant hsving interviews since then until few folks from this thread started getting their interview invites for August and September.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X