October 2019 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gustavogei View Post

I am hoping they waive the interview as well...lol...but at this point, just give me an interview and I will be happy.

As far as renewing EAD and AP, there are new EAD forms that we need to download with bars on the forms, and the form changed a little bit. I think the AP for didn't change, but double check. I read that we need to send 4 new photos, the copy of i-485 notice receipt. We can still file together, but for AP it has to be 120 days unlike 180 days for EAD. I still need to see where to file though, could it be the chicago lockbox again?
    True! Waived interview is awesome but just even getting a sched for interview is already great!

Oh so need picture again. I’ve never read that from any source sites i always check on, i mean yeah the updated forms. Ugh so annoying! Hope we all get to finish this already
    yup, i think its same Chicago lock box address. But better to double check. Im about to renew and just send it together, if they say AP is 120 days then ill resend again since its all just forms/paper anyway. Better try together since it wont do any harm.
    USC Marriage based AOS (B1 Overstay)
    FO:Santa Ana, CA
    10/25/19 - forms sent to Chicago, IL (no medical, pregnant)
    10/29/19 - delivered (PD)
    11/08/19 - credit card charged
    11/11/19 - (4) E-receipts(sms)
    11/18/19 - I-797C-NOA (dated: 11/8/19)
    11/22/19 - Biometrics Appointment Letter (11/15/19)
    12/04/19 - biometrics appointment
    1/02/20 - courtesy letter I-693 (12/28/19)
    1/03/20 - case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
    2/15/20 - combo card paper mail (2/11)
    2/18/20 - combo card (2/13)

Comment

• Hi guys,

How long does it take to get a notice in the mail about an appt?
      We got an online notification for a scheduled interview 10 days ago and, so far, the actual letter has not arrived.
      All prior notifications were a matter of 2-3 days.

Edit: the notice came in today’s mail. It took 13 days to get it. The appt is 10/15. We filed on 10/22/19.
      Last edited by Drushky; 09-21-2020, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drushky View Post
        Hi guys,

How long does it take to get a notice in the mail about an appt?
        We got an online notification for a scheduled interview 10 days ago and, so far, the actual letter has not arrived.
        All prior notifications were a matter of 2-3 days.
        I would say it can take up to a week, but with all the USPS craziness lately, I would def give USCIS a call. Our interview was scheduled 6 weeks out, but there have been some instances of notices coming only 2-3 weeks prior. USCIS should be able to tell you the date and email you a copy of the notice. Congrats on getting it scheduled!
        US Citizen filing on behalf of my spouse
        FO: St. Louis, MO
        10/03/19 documents mailed
        10/07/19 package received
        12/05/19 RFIE received in mail
        12/12/19 response to RFIE received by USCIS
        02/03/20 biometrics completed
        04/06/20 EAD approved, card being produced
        04/09/20 Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
        07/02/20 Interview has been scheduled (waiting for notice)
        08/27/20 Interview/Card being produced!
        08/28/20 I-485 and I-130 Approved
        09/04/20 Card was mailed to me
        09/10/20 GC in hand

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

I just want to share my interview experience today while my memory is still fresh . FO: Denver. As of writing, my case status has not changed yet. It still shows "Interview was scheduled." I wasn't given any white paper at the end of the interview by the way.

My appointment was at 9:15AM. We got in the building @ 9:10AM, then went on a security checkpoint and was pointed to a window on the left where we were checked in. After checking in, we were asked to go to the 2nd floor where they conduct interviews. There weren't a lot of people - estimated around 10-15 people. In I think about 5 minutes, we were called by the IO. He wasn't intimidating but he wasn't too friendly as well. However, something about him made me calm. My husband is just chill as always lol

As soon as we got in the room, we took an oath to tell the truth and then he asked for our IDs and asked us to sit down. He did not take my photo and fingerprint. He called our lawyer on the phone and he was on the line the whole interview session. IO first asked for my medical and if there's anything I want to add to our files. I gave him 2 folders - 1 folder of our photos (I just printed the photos on bond papers) and 1 folder for documents proving our bonafide marriage. Below are the documents I provided:

3 sworn affidavits
          car lease agreement
          2019 Taxes (married filed jointly)
          Checking account with both our names
          2 Credit Card statements (I am an authorized user)
          Plane tickets
          Husband's Life Insurance with me as beneficiary
          Concert ticket we purchased for our 1st anniversary (but was cancelled due to COVID)
          Copies of our Driver's Licenses showing the same address
          Copies of our Silver Annual Pass @ Universal Hollywood Studios (expired, husband's first ever gift to me when we started dating)
          Lease agreement when we were still renting in California
          Consensual Romance in the workplace document we signed when were still working for the same company

He didn't even look at any of the documents, he just took them and put it in my file. Then he asked me if I have been summoned by an imigration judge. To which I said no but I told him that I did get an NTA this January 2020 (I can see he was holding a document about my NTA). Here my lawyer started to explain that my case is not in the EOIR system, meaning it hasn't been filed with the immigration court. I have 2 Alien #s and both A#s cannot be found in the system. The IO was not familiar with that so he said he'll go through the I-485 first then we'll go back to the NTA issue.

He quickly went through the I-485 asking my full name, DOB, husband's full name, his DOB, our new address, where I work and probably 10 Yes/No questions. He asked us how we started dating (I answered) and why we moved from California to Colorado (my husband answered). That's it for I-485 then he went back to the NTA.

My lawyer asked him to look at the EOIR site where you can find cases (IO was not even aware you can do this). He typed in my A# and printed the page where it said "No case found for this alien number." My lawyer also asked him to look at this file: https://www.justice.gov/eoir/file/1122771/download. My lawyer further explained that this policy covers my current issue. DHS may have issued me an NTA but the immigration court does not automatically get jurisdiction even though there is a hearing date and time until DHS files it with the court. With my alien # not showing up in the EOIR records mean that DHS has not submitted my NTA to the court. And with the courts closing due to the pandemic, my lawyer insisted that USCIS should have jurisdiction on my case.

Since the IO was not really familiar about this case, he said he will further check with his supervisor and their in-house lawyers about my case before making a decision. Until then, my case will be pending. He asked me and my husband if we have any questions and we said no. Then he ushered as to the exit.

Over all, my interview was like less than 5 minutes but we stayed in the interview room for 20-30 minutes because of the IO and my lawyer's discussion with my NTA issue.

P.S.
          My NTA is due to overstaying - I know this is forgiven because of my marriage to my husband who is a US Citizen. The NTA just complicated things a little bit.
          But, I will claim a positive outcome in Jesus' name. I will keep you guys posted when I get an update.

Good luck and God bless to everyone!
          From B2 married to USC
          10/07/19 mailed forms
          10/29/19 Biometrics
          ---YEAR 2020 ---
          01/29 RTS for Interview
          02/06 Interview notice rcvd
          02/13 EAD & SSN rcvd
          03/04 Interview Date - Cancelled
          03/12 I-130 RFE updated online
          03/19 RTS for Interview
          03/27 Response to RFE received
          07/23 I-130 approved
          09/02 Interview was Scheduled
          10/08 Interview Date
          10/09 Interview was completed and Case must be reviewed
          10/19 New Card is being Produced
          10/20 I-485 Case is Approved
          10/26 GC&I-485 Approval Letter rcvd

Comment

• thanks so much for this info. We have an appt on 10/15 in Denver.

QUOTE=zab040419;n744615]Hi Everyone,

I just want to share my interview experience today while my memory is still fresh . FO: Denver. As of writing, my case status has not changed yet. It still shows "Interview was scheduled." I wasn't given any white paper at the end of the interview by the way.

My appointment was at 9:15AM. We got in the building @ 9:10AM, then went on a security checkpoint and was pointed to a window on the left where we were checked in. After checking in, we were asked to go to the 2nd floor where they conduct interviews. There weren't a lot of people - estimated around 10-15 people. In I think about 5 minutes, we were called by the IO. He wasn't intimidating but he wasn't too friendly as well. However, something about him made me calm. My husband is just chill as always lol

As soon as we got in the room, we took an oath to tell the truth and then he asked for our IDs and asked us to sit down. He did not take my photo and fingerprint. He called our lawyer on the phone and he was on the line the whole interview session. IO first asked for my medical and if there's anything I want to add to our files. I gave him 2 folders - 1 folder of our photos (I just printed the photos on bond papers) and 1 folder for documents proving our bonafide marriage. Below are the documents I provided:

3 sworn affidavits
            car lease agreement
            2019 Taxes (married filed jointly)
            Checking account with both our names
            2 Credit Card statements (I am an authorized user)
            Plane tickets
            Husband's Life Insurance with me as beneficiary
            Concert ticket we purchased for our 1st anniversary (but was cancelled due to COVID)
            Copies of our Driver's Licenses showing the same address
            Copies of our Silver Annual Pass @ Universal Hollywood Studios (expired, husband's first ever gift to me when we started dating)
            Lease agreement when we were still renting in California
            Consensual Romance in the workplace document we signed when were still working for the same company

He didn't even look at any of the documents, he just took them and put it in my file. Then he asked me if I have been summoned by an imigration judge. To which I said no but I told him that I did get an NTA this January 2020 (I can see he was holding a document about my NTA). Here my lawyer started to explain that my case is not in the EOIR system, meaning it hasn't been filed with the immigration court. I have 2 Alien #s and both A#s cannot be found in the system. The IO was not familiar with that so he said he'll go through the I-485 first then we'll go back to the NTA issue.

He quickly went through the I-485 asking my full name, DOB, husband's full name, his DOB, our new address, where I work and probably 10 Yes/No questions. He asked us how we started dating (I answered) and why we moved from California to Colorado (my husband answered). That's it for I-485 then he went back to the NTA.

My lawyer asked him to look at the EOIR site where you can find cases (IO was not even aware you can do this). He typed in my A# and printed the page where it said "No case found for this alien number." My lawyer also asked him to look at this file: https://www.justice.gov/eoir/file/1122771/download. My lawyer further explained that this policy covers my current issue. DHS may have issued me an NTA but the immigration court does not automatically get jurisdiction even though there is a hearing date and time until DHS files it with the court. With my alien # not showing up in the EOIR records mean that DHS has not submitted my NTA to the court. And with the courts closing due to the pandemic, my lawyer insisted that USCIS should have jurisdiction on my case.

Since the IO was not really familiar about this case, he said he will further check with his supervisor and their in-house lawyers about my case before making a decision. Until then, my case will be pending. He asked me and my husband if we have any questions and we said no. Then he ushered as to the exit.

Over all, my interview was like less than 5 minutes but we stayed in the interview room for 20-30 minutes because of the IO and my lawyer's discussion with my NTA issue.

P.S.
            My NTA is due to overstaying - I know this is forgiven because of my marriage to my husband who is a US Citizen. The NTA just complicated things a little bit.
            But, I will claim a positive outcome in Jesus' name. I will keep you guys posted when I get an update.

Good luck and God bless to everyone![/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Drushky View Post
              thanks so much for this info. We have an appt on 10/15 in Denver.

You're most welcome. How was your interview? It may be late but I wish you good luck!
              From B2 married to USC
              10/07/19 mailed forms
              10/29/19 Biometrics
              ---YEAR 2020 ---
              01/29 RTS for Interview
              02/13 EAD & SSN rcvd
              03/19 RTS for Interview
              07/23 I-130 approved
              10/08 Interview Date

Comment

• Thank you! We had it this morning. It lasted about 25 min. He first asked for out IDs and how we met. Since we met on FB in a social group that caused question on every detail of a first few months of relationship. So I showed him pictures from throughout of our 3 years together (I printed them on paper 2 per page, 56 pages ????)’, random pages from text massages, house deed, insurance and a water bill. I offered more, but he said he had enough evidence. Then he proceeded to ask my husband questions from his form and said he will review a case tomorrow before he decides on approval.
                my husband had a prior immigration case.
                hoping it works out fine.

Originally posted by zab040419 View Post

You're most welcome. How was your interview? It may be late but I wish you good luck!

Comment

• Hey guys, just wanted to update that I finally got my interview scheduled for November 9th at the Detroit FO.
                  Concurrent F2A at NBC. FO Detroit

10/03/2019 docs mailed
                  10/07/2019 pkg received
                  10/17/2019 text msgs receipt
                  10/18/2019 checks cashed
                  10/21/2019 receipt of 797s in mail
                  12/02/2019 RFE sent
                  12/11/2019 RFE response received
                  01/30/2020 completed bio (walk-in)
                  01/30/2020 Fingerprints applied
                  02/28/2020 Ready to be sched. for interview
                  03/02/2020 interview scheduled
                  03/06/2020 Int letter in mail
                  04/15/2020 Interview day - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID
                  10/05/2020 Interview resched.
                  11/09/2020 Interview day

Comment

• Originally posted by sohi429 View Post
                    Hey guys, just wanted to update that I finally got my interview scheduled for November 9th at the Detroit FO.
                    Great news, Sohi! Sending you all good wishes for a smooth interview. Let us know how it goes!
                    09/10/20 GC in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousKat View Post
                      Is anyone planning on renewing their EAD card? I got mines in March2020. I read somewhere to apply 5-6 months in advance for renewal
                      I am. My husband got his combo card in march too. So we plan to apply for the renewal in November.

Comment

• That is super news Sohi429. I know you'll be ready. I too wish you a quick and easy interview followed by immediate approval.

Comment

• Today I finally received an update, 12 days after my interview, that my "New Card is being Produced."
                          My status did not update on this site: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus - it still shows Interview was Scheduled.
                          I just received an email saying they've taken an action on my case. I logged in on my.uscis.gov account and that's where I saw the update.

I'm so happy! Glory to God!
                          From B2 married to USC
                          10/07/19 mailed forms
                          10/29/19 Biometrics
                          ---YEAR 2020 ---
                          01/29 RTS for Interview
                          02/13 EAD & SSN rcvd
                          03/19 RTS for Interview
                          07/23 I-130 approved
                          10/08 Interview Date

Comment

• Originally posted by zab040419 View Post
                            Today I finally received an update, 12 days after my interview, that my "New Card is being Produced."
                            My status did not update on this site: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus - it still shows Interview was Scheduled.
                            I just received an email saying they've taken an action on my case. I logged in on my.uscis.gov account and that's where I saw the update.

I'm so happy! Glory to God!
                            Congratulations!
                            09/10/20 GC in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by didoesque View Post

congratulations! :d:d
                              thank yoouu!
                              From B2 married to USC
                              10/07/19 mailed forms
                              10/29/19 Biometrics
                              ---YEAR 2020 ---
                              01/29 RTS for Interview
                              02/13 EAD & SSN rcvd
                              03/19 RTS for Interview
                              07/23 I-130 approved
                              10/08 Interview Date

Comment

• Originally posted by sohi429 View Post
                                Hey guys, just wanted to update that I finally got my interview scheduled for November 9th at the Detroit FO.
                                I got my interview letter on Nov 19th, its dated Oct 9th and my interview is also Nov 16th at the Baltimore Field Office. Yay!!
                                Last edited by Trini0616; 10-26-2020, 04:33 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X