May 2020 Filings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,
    I am filing for I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 currently as well.
    Everything was received on May12th and I got the receipts in the mail later.

Since then, I only got a RFE for the missing medical and nothing else.

I am anxiously waiting for a biometrics notice, but have not received anything?! I am located in Boston. What are my options? The I765 is not yet in the "Not within normal processing time" window.

Comment

• Hi guys, I'm utterly frustrated with USCIS.
      I filed my case in late May and have been waiting for my biometrics appointment. in early September, I checked my case again and it says a notice was returned to USCIS. I knew it must be my biometric appointment, so I request USCIS to resend the notice immediately and also called them to make sure it is my bio notice. The officer I talked to said it was indeed my bio notice, so he put me back in the queue to get re-scheduled, said I will receive another notice in 2-3 weeks.
      However, after 2 weeks, I received a duplicated I-797 receipt notice of my I485, not bio notice. I decided to wait longer to see whether I will receive my bio notice later. After a month, I still have not received anything. I contacted USCIS again, the second officer called me yesterday and said she has re-scheduled it for me on a certain date and I can download the notice from my online account. I was like thank God, this issue is finally resolved.
      However, when I later log into myUSCIS account, there is no notice or whatsoever. I thought about it, I think it is because I filed in paper, not online, so the system will not automatically generate my bio notice online. Then I called USCIS again and schedule another call with the third officer to talk about my bio notice.
      For this entire month, I have been calling USCIS, chatting with USCIS online and waiting for their call-backs. Their customer service sucks AF. First the voice machine tried to stop me from talking to a real person, then the phone call got cut off when I finally spoke to a real person (this happened to me twice already). The tier-1 agent does not have the authority to do anything but schedule call-backs from tier-2 officers for me, and I have to wait for 7 business days to receive their phone calls. The online chatting one is even worse, those people don't have basic knowledge about the whole process and act like robots, one of them even yelled at me by using a ton of exclamation marks. This is so frustrating, I can't believe they are so incompetent!! I could have received my combo card already without all these BS. Ugh, USCIS, what a terrible department!

Comment

• victoria0528 hello, It’s very frustrating, I really don’t understand what are they doing, they canceled the furlough and still everything is delayed, the didn’t release the visa bulletin or the immigration data for the 2nd quarter , anyway I wanted to let you know that they updated the system, so even when you file paper application, you still can find updates in your my uscis account , you should find a tap for case status and one for case history, and if you have documents, you should find a tap for documents. Please check your account again.
        H1b visa
        Concurrent F2A forms I-130 ,I-130A, I-485, I-864,I-944, I-765, I-693
        self filling with attorney consultation
        F.O Minneapolis, Mn
        6/12/2020 Package sent usps
        6/15 delivered
        6/26 checks cashed
        text messages with receipt # Sunday 6/28
        07/06/2020 received 3 receipts in the mail for I-130,1-765 &I-485
        8/7/2020 received biometric notice for 8/17
        8/17 fingerprints done & case updated
        9/22 I-130 approved
        11/17 I-485 was reopened (never closed)
        11/18 I-765 approved
        12/22/20 I-485 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Gcapplicant2019 View Post
          victoria0528 hello, It’s very frustrating, I really don’t understand what are they doing, they canceled the furlough and still everything is delayed, the didn’t release the visa bulletin or the immigration data for the 2nd quarter , anyway I wanted to let you know that they updated the system, so even when you file paper application, you still can find updates in your my uscis account , you should find a tap for case status and one for case history, and if you have documents, you should find a tap for documents. Please check your account again.
          Hi Gcapplicant2019 thank you for the information! I just logged in again but did not see a document tap, only case status and case history. I will wait for a week to see whether they will update it. I will also try to request them to sent the notice to my email on my next phone call with the officer. I hope they can do that!

Comment

• I haven't even received a biometrics notice. And I filed everything in the beginning of May. It is really frustrating. The case status jus says "fingerprint fee was received" as the latest status. Is the easiest way to call them or do I have to wait till the case is out of regular processing time to do anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by victoria0528 View Post
              Hi guys, I'm utterly frustrated with USCIS.
              I filed my case in late May and have been waiting for my biometrics appointment. in early September, I checked my case again and it says a notice was returned to USCIS. I knew it must be my biometric appointment, so I request USCIS to resend the notice immediately and also called them to make sure it is my bio notice. The officer I talked to said it was indeed my bio notice, so he put me back in the queue to get re-scheduled, said I will receive another notice in 2-3 weeks.
              However, after 2 weeks, I received a duplicated I-797 receipt notice of my I485, not bio notice. I decided to wait longer to see whether I will receive my bio notice later. After a month, I still have not received anything. I contacted USCIS again, the second officer called me yesterday and said she has re-scheduled it for me on a certain date and I can download the notice from my online account. I was like thank God, this issue is finally resolved.
              However, when I later log into myUSCIS account, there is no notice or whatsoever. I thought about it, I think it is because I filed in paper, not online, so the system will not automatically generate my bio notice online. Then I called USCIS again and schedule another call with the third officer to talk about my bio notice.
              For this entire month, I have been calling USCIS, chatting with USCIS online and waiting for their call-backs. Their customer service sucks AF. First the voice machine tried to stop me from talking to a real person, then the phone call got cut off when I finally spoke to a real person (this happened to me twice already). The tier-1 agent does not have the authority to do anything but schedule call-backs from tier-2 officers for me, and I have to wait for 7 business days to receive their phone calls. The online chatting one is even worse, those people don't have basic knowledge about the whole process and act like robots, one of them even yelled at me by using a ton of exclamation marks. This is so frustrating, I can't believe they are so incompetent!! I could have received my combo card already without all these BS. Ugh, USCIS, what a terrible department!
              victoria0528 I totally understand your frustration, it's like a been there, seen that thing for me. It's a highly mismanaged agency, whose work is based on the statement "Immigration is not a right, it's a privilege. We may or may not give it you, or give it whenever we like." There are no set timelines, no ETAs or SLAs whatsoever. To make things worse, they work with USPS, which is another third world postal agency, and their combination becomes even more toxic. Huh!

My Timeline:

5/15: Filed I140/I485/I765/I131 concurrent (Employment Based) for myself and spouse
              5/18: Received at USCIS Texas lockbox
              6/1: Reject notices received for all, except I-140, due to missing I-944
              6/4: Re-filed and received I485/I765/I131/I944 at USCIS lockbox
              6/25: Received NOA receipts
              7/25: Received ASC biometric appointment notices for myself and my wife, scheduled for 8/03
              8/3: Biometrics completed
              8/4: Case status updated to "Finger prints applied"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebs View Post
                I haven't even received a biometrics notice. And I filed everything in the beginning of May. It is really frustrating. The case status jus says "fingerprint fee was received" as the latest status. Is the easiest way to call them or do I have to wait till the case is out of regular processing time to do anything?
                I would suggest you call them to find out what's going on. Usually bio notice should be mailed to you in 5-7 weeks after your priority date. My PD is 05/28/20, I've been waiting for my notice from June to August, but didn't receive anything. On 09/02/20 my case status shows notice was returned. I called USCIS immediately and was scheduled a call with an officer. The officer said my bio appointment was originally scheduled on 08/22/20, but since the notice was not delivered, I was back in the queue waiting to be re-scheduled. My guess is that your bio notice might also be returned but has not been reflected in the USCIS system yet. If my original appointment was scheduled on 08/22/20, the notice must have been mailed out in mid-July. There is no way for us know but call them to find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by mk2245 View Post

victoria0528 I totally understand your frustration, it's like a been there, seen that thing for me. It's a highly mismanaged agency, whose work is based on the statement "Immigration is not a right, it's a privilege. We may or may not give it you, or give it whenever we like." There are no set timelines, no ETAs or SLAs whatsoever. To make things worse, they work with USPS, which is another third world postal agency, and their combination becomes even more toxic. Huh!
                  Exactly! If it is not because USPS returned my notice, I would have got my combo card already. I still don't know why they returned my mail. I have received all the other notices, there is no reason for them to not deliver my biometrics notice. Why can't they just email these notices? Isn't it nice to save some papers and avoid things like this? I really don't understand.

Comment

• Hi guys new to the forum. I just have a few questions if anyone can answer thank you in advance.

I am USC married to a student who graduated so we did AOS.

Our priority date is May 28 2020 for I-131 I-765 I-130 and I-485

My case online-only say case received no update i created online account and it says they received it 6-5-2020.

I have not received a biometric appointment should i give them a call?

On the date it says I-131 is on June 1 is that accurate?
                    I live in FL i know with COVID the office were close but should i call just because we want to go to INDIA to get religiously married in February 21.

Comment

• I gave them a call today. Priority date is May 12th. They said the biometrics appointment had not been scheduled and they put a notice not received request into the system. They told me, that I would be hearing back within 30 days.

Comment

• UPDATE:

My Timeline:

5/15: Filed I140/I485/I765/I131 concurrent (Employment Based) for myself and spouse
                        7/25: Received ASC biometric appointment notices for myself and my wife, scheduled for 8/03
                        9/16: Called USCIS to requested expedited I-765, EAD
                        9/23: Received email from USCIS asking for letter from employer
                        9/25: Faxed documents. No response from USCIS, no acknowledgement, no email etc.
                        10/8: Called USCIS to check on the status of the SR, representative said case is approved, notice has been mailed out already.
                        10/14: Received NOA approvals in mail for I-765 & I-131 (EAD and AP).
                        10/15: Received my EAD/AP combo card in mail
                        10/30: Spouse EAD/AP approved

Hoping to get more approvals soon (Interview schedule, I-140 etc.)

My Timeline:

Comment

• Just noticed, case status changed to "We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status". Not sure what it is for and will wait for the mail notice.
                          No updates for EAD or AP.

7/15: Received ASC biometric appointment notices for all (for Aug 7)
                          8/7: Biometrics completed
                          8/13: Case status updated to "Finger prints applied"
                          10/30: Case status changed to RFIE for 485 (for all 3 of us)

Comment

• Originally posted by TikTek07 View Post
                            Just noticed, case status changed to "We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status". Not sure what it is for and will wait for the mail notice.
                            No updates for EAD or AP.

I believe it’s a medical, because EB cases now don’t go to interview , so they ask to mail your medical if you didn’t send it with the original package.
                            H1b visa
                            Concurrent F2A forms I-130 ,I-130A, I-485, I-864,I-944, I-765, I-693
                            self filling with attorney consultation
                            F.O Minneapolis, Mn
                            6/12/2020 Package sent usps
                            6/15 delivered
                            6/26 checks cashed
                            text messages with receipt # Sunday 6/28
                            07/06/2020 received 3 receipts in the mail for I-130,1-765 &I-485
                            8/7/2020 received biometric notice for 8/17
                            8/17 fingerprints done & case updated
                            9/22 I-130 approved
                            11/17 I-485 was reopened (never closed)
                            11/18 I-765 approved
                            12/22/20 I-485 approved

Comment

• yeah, we didn’t submit our medicals with the original package.

Comment

• I received RFIE in mail today and it's requested to provide other missing documents (though we already included all in the original package), and I-693 for Medicals for all family members.

Is asking for Medicals a good sign or GC can still get delayed?

______________________________________________________
                                My Timeline:

5/10: Filed I485/I765/I131 (Employment Based-EB3) for myself and family
                                5/15: Received at USCIS Texas (Receipts date)
                                11/2. RFIE received for providing proofs for maintaining lawful status since last entry (already provided with the original pkg), and I-693 for Medicals

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X