July 2020 Fillers join here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2020 Fillers join here

This thread is used to track all July 2020 fillers.
    Enter your timeline or any updates regarding your case.
    07/07/2020 Application sent to USCIS
    23/07/2020 Checks have been cleared
    28/07/2020 Received 4 NOA receipts in the mail
    06/08/2020 RFIE arrived at the mail (photocopy of Birth Certificate was required with original stamps)
    25/08/2020 USCIS received RFIE and started to process again the application.

Here is my timeline so far.

Married to LPR on B2 visa.
    AOS application send to Chicago lockbox

05/21/2020 Application send to USCIS
    05/23/2020 Application received by USCIS
    — check not cached and no receipt —
    07/07/2020 Application was send again to USCIS
    06/08/2020 RFIE arrived at the mail (photocopy of Birth Certificate was required with original stamps)

Comment

Here is my timeline as of today:

-Same sex couple, married to USC 01/27/2020
      -Package I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-485, I-693, I-765, I-864, I-864 joint sponsor and I-944 sent via certified mail USPS on 06/29/2020
      -Delivered by USPS and and signed by Chicago lockbox L Thomas on 06/302020
      -As of 07/07/2020 no updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael1993 View Post

I hope you know that you need to be lawfully present in the USA if you're adjusting status from a LPR individual.

I wish you the best!

Comment

Sorry to hear that. What happened to your first application?

Comment

Originally posted by Stonebraker View Post

Sorry to hear that. What happened to your first application?
            My lawyer said that the application may has been lost..
            since I waited all those weeks it didn’t worth to wait longer so I applied again. Let’s hope that the application will process now

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny6751 View Post

I hope you know that you need to be lawfully present in the USA if you're adjusting status from a LPR individual.

I wish you the best!
              Yes that is correct. I’m lawfully present in the states on a valid visa. Let’s hope that the overall process gets back to normal again

Comment

My lawyer said that the application may has been lost..
                since I waited all those weeks it didn’t worth to wait longer so I applied again. Let’s hope that the application will process now
                All the best! I've been waiting for almost 3 weeks without hearing anything back. Keep my fingers crossed ...

Comment

Originally posted by Stonebraker View Post

All the best! I've been waiting for almost 3 weeks without hearing anything back. Keep my fingers crossed ...
                  This is my first week since they got my documents. No NOA's as of today.

Comment

Here is my timeline as of today:

-Same sex couple, married to USC 01/27/2020
                    -Package I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-485, I-693, I-765, I-864, I-864 joint sponsor and I-944 sent via certified mail USPS on 06/29/2020
                    -Delivered by USPS and and signed by Chicago lockbox L Thomas on 06/302020
                    -As of 07/07/2020 no updates.
                    Johnny,
                    Same case as yours here.
                    -Package sent via Fedex on 6/18/20
                    -Delivered and signed by JRobinson on 6/24/20

No updates yet.

Comment

Hi All - my first post here:

F1 OPT married to USC; Concurrent filer

7 Jul 2020 - Mailed AOS packet to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
                      9 Jul 2020 - Update from UPS - Delivered to USCIS

Guys I have 2 questions:
                      1) My current F1 OPT expires on 16th July 2020, can I work or accept employment after my EAD expires based on the fact that I have a green card application pending, assuming ofcourse that the employer accepts my receipt notices as a proof of that?
                      2) Is there a way to expedite the EAD card?

Thanks
                      Currently on F1 OPT - Married to USC - Concurrent filing.

7-Jul-2020 AOS Application mailed to USCIS
                      9-Jul-2020 AOS Application Delivered to USCIS Mail Room (Priority Date)
                      27-Jul-2020 Four I-797 SMS & Email Recieved at 11:20PM
                      4-Aug-2020 Four Mails Received in My & Attorney Mailbox
                      11-Aug-2020 I-693 Medical Deficiency Notice dated 6th Aug 2020
                      22-Aug-2020 Put in a request for missing biometircs notice w/ USCIS

Comment

Originally posted by rohjas View Post
                        Hi All - my first post here:

F1 OPT married to USC; Concurrent filer

7 Jul 2020 - Mailed AOS packet to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
                        9 Jul 2020 - Update from UPS - Delivered to USCIS

Guys I have 2 questions:
                        1) My current F1 OPT expires on 16th July 2020, can I work or accept employment after my EAD expires based on the fact that I have a green card application pending, assuming ofcourse that the employer accepts my receipt notices as a proof of that?
                        2) Is there a way to expedite the EAD card?

Thanks
                        Yes, you can request an expedited EAD.
                        1. Call USCIS or Take InfoPass Appointment
                          Make EAD expedite request by calling USCIS on 1-800-375-5283 (recommended).

The dialing code to speak directly with a Customer Representative is 1-2-6-1-1.
                          Have on hand the following information: Receipt Notice/Receipt Number, DOB, Mailing Address & Physical Address, attorney’s name & address (if applicable).

You can also visit a USCIS local office with an InfoPass appointment or write a letter to the field office or service center (not recommended).

If you are outside the United States, you should submit your requests to the USCIS office in your country.
                        2. Expedite Request Sent to USCIS officer
                          The USCIS sends your expedite request to the USCIS office who is processing your EAD application.

You will an email notification and a tracking number for your EAD expedite request.
                        3. USCIS officer contacts you
                          USCIS officer may contact you by email to submit further evidence of your situation.

You should be ready with supporting documents to prove your case.

Comment

Yes, you can request an expedited EAD.
                          1. Call USCIS or Take InfoPass Appointment
                            Make EAD expedite request by calling USCIS on 1-800-375-5283 (recommended).

The dialing code to speak directly with a Customer Representative is 1-2-6-1-1.
                            Have on hand the following information: Receipt Notice/Receipt Number, DOB, Mailing Address & Physical Address, attorney’s name & address (if applicable).

You can also visit a USCIS local office with an InfoPass appointment or write a letter to the field office or service center (not recommended).

If you are outside the United States, you should submit your requests to the USCIS office in your country.
                          2. Expedite Request Sent to USCIS officer
                            The USCIS sends your expedite request to the USCIS office who is processing your EAD application.

You will an email notification and a tracking number for your EAD expedite request.
                          3. USCIS officer contacts you
                            USCIS officer may contact you by email to submit further evidence of your situation.

You should be ready with supporting documents to prove your case.
                          thanks a lot johnny - really helpful information

My F1 OPT expires on 16 Jul 2020 and I'm currently unemployed (but volunteering). I'm expecting a job offer soon, but they are saying they would want to see a EAD card and not just receipt notices from USCIS to employ me.

Could you tell me whats the reasoning you gave to USCIS for expediting EAD card? Are you in healthcare industry or did you show any other kind of severe financial personal/business loss?

In my case - I don't work in the healthcare industry nor do I have any other financial emergency other than obviously we all need to work and I cant let a job offer go in these crazy times. Also because being unemployed could be seen negatively from a public charge perspective even though I have more than sufficient income to show for 2019 tax year and did submit the Income Tax return for 2019 too. I only got laid off in April 2020 due to the COVID-19 situation. Do you think just sending a job offer is enough to request expedited EAD?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks in advance.
                          Currently on F1 OPT - Married to USC - Concurrent filing.

7-Jul-2020 AOS Application mailed to USCIS
                          9-Jul-2020 AOS Application Delivered to USCIS Mail Room (Priority Date)
                          27-Jul-2020 Four I-797 SMS & Email Recieved at 11:20PM
                          4-Aug-2020 Four Mails Received in My & Attorney Mailbox
                          11-Aug-2020 I-693 Medical Deficiency Notice dated 6th Aug 2020
                          22-Aug-2020 Put in a request for missing biometircs notice w/ USCIS

Comment

Anyone got their checks cached?

Comment

Married to USC
                              Just graduated college and currently in the states under valid F1 visa
                              AOS application: I-130, I-130A, I-693, I-485, I-944, I-864, I-864 joint sponsor along with I-131 and I-765

07/10/2020 Application sent to USCIS
                              07/14/2020 Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox - signed by Recipient J.H.
                              07/29/2020 Checks cashed but not NOA receipts, no texts or emails.
                              07/30/2020 4 text receipt notices with receipt numbers at 11:30PM. No emails (I did check my spam folder- will wait for the hard copy in the mail.)

Writing here so I can keep updating and see how everyone else's aps go. I was told that the offices opened not too long ago so they will be going through the older (pending) applications first. Hopefully they catch up and July aps can get processed soon.
                              Last edited by BipBop; 07-31-2020, 09:11 AM.
                              Married to USC - AOS Application from F1
                              07/10/20 Application sent
                              07/14/20 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
                              07/29/20 Checks cashed
                              07/30/20 4 text with receipt numbers.
                              08/03/20 4 NOA hard copy by mail.
                              12/21/20 Biometrics App. notice in mail
                              01/07/21 Biometrics taken
                              01/09/21 Ready to be scheduled for int
                              03/19/21 EAD being produced
                              03/26/21 Got combo card
                              05/05/21 Interview Scheduled