Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September 2020 Filers!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • September 2020 Filers!

    All September 2020 filers join here!
    Spouse of USC
    9/18/2020: i-485, i-130 (including i-130a), i-864EZ, i-131, and i-765, delivered to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

  • #2
    9/2 concurrent all forms mailed
    9/5 USPS shows delivered to Chicago lock box
    9/23 no update to date

    Comment


    • #3
      09/17 concurrent i-140 & i-485 all forms mailed
      09/21 forms delivered
      09/17 concurrent i-140, i-485, i-765, & I-131 all forms mailed to Dallas Lockbox
      09/21 forms delivered
      10/4 Checks Cashed
      10/6 Received 4 NOA's

      Comment


      • #4
        Unfortunately, USCIS reinstated i-944 on Tuesday (22-Sept-2020) and is now requesting i-944 retroactively for cases submitted before the reinstatement.
        I haven't received my NOAs yet, let alone RFE for i-944, but those of us who didn't include i-944 will be expecting a RFE.
        Spouse of USC
        9/18/2020: i-485, i-130 (including i-130a), i-864EZ, i-131, and i-765, delivered to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

        Comment


        • #5
          RE I-944, USCIS will reject any affected application or petition that does not adhere to the Final Rule, including those submitted by or on behalf of aliens living in Illinois, if postmarked on or after Feb. 24, 2020.
          Chicago I130/485 marriage AOS
          11/15/2019 Application received by USCIS
          12/1/2019 Biometrics notice received
          12/14/2019 Biometrics completed
          02/28/2020 Combo card being produced
          03/05/20 Combo card received
          03/07/20 Interview notice received - scheduled for 04/13/20
          03/31/20 Interview Cancelled
          04/01/20 Interview ready to be scheduled

          Comment


          • #6
            9/1 I485 work + I765 + I131 forms sent
            9/2 Forms received by Texas service center
            9/24 Still no receipts, check has not been cashed

            Called uscis, sent a message, they said to keep waiting. Thanks, this helps a lot.

            Did anybody filing early September to Texas center has his/her check cashed?

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi everybody!

              Married to USC

              09/02 Sent all forms (I130, I130A, I485, I693, I864, I944, I765, I131)
              09/04 Package received
              09/22 Check cashed out
              09/24 Received case numbers through text message (letter should arrive by October 4)

              Comment


              • #8
                We concurrently filed Forms I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-944, I-765 and I-131.

                Our Timeline so far:
                September 1, 2020 - Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record signed by a civil surgeon
                September 8, 2020 - Package Shipped to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via UPS
                September 10, 2020 - USCIS Chicago Lockbox received it, someone signed it
                September 23, 2020 - The Filing Fees of $1225 and $535 were charged to our credit card
                September 27, 2020 - Text Messages arrived saying: "case was received" + receipt number + Form I-797 will come in the mail
                October 2, 2020 - Received Form I-797 Notice of Action in the mail
                Last edited by USC-husband; 10-03-2020, 01:06 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Concurrently filed Forms I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-944, I-765.

                  Timeline so far:
                  September 17, 2020 - Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record signed by a civil surgeon
                  September 23, 2020 - Package Sent to USCIS
                  September 25, 2020 - Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via UPS & Received by CHYBA
                  Last edited by aozer; 09-28-2020, 11:13 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pharmaguy123 View Post
                    Unfortunately, USCIS reinstated i-944 on Tuesday (22-Sept-2020) and is now requesting i-944 retroactively for cases submitted before the reinstatement.
                    I haven't received my NOAs yet, let alone RFE for i-944, but those of us who didn't include i-944 will be expecting a RFE.
                    This retroactive application of requirement sucks. They clearly said don't submit it. So I didn't. I wish they had said it earlier, submit it anyways or something along those lines. Some folks here advised me to submit it, but I didn't because I felt like I should follow the USCIS instructions.
                    <End of Rant/>

                    Working on I-944 now because I will inevitably get an RFE.
                    Last edited by ceci1073; 09-25-2020, 05:22 PM. Reason: Link
                    F2A, Spouse of LPR.
                    8/10/20 I-485,I-131,I-765 sent
                    8/12 Application received by USCIS
                    8/26 Mobile Notifications received
                    9/05 Received I-797 Receipt
                    9/08 RFIE sent for lack of I-864 (even though I am EXEMPT)
                    9/09 Got email notification about RFIE
                    9/14 I received the RFIE in mail
                    9/22 Responded to RFIE with I-864
                    9/24 USCIS received the response to RFIE
                    10/2 USCIS sent I-693 Deficiency Notice (no email notifications)
                    10/9 Received I-693 notice.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sandeep.iiit View Post

                      This retroactive application of requirement sucks. They clearly said don't submit it. So I didn't. I wish they had said it earlier, submit it anyways or something along those lines. Some folks here advised me to submit it, but I didn't because I felt like I should follow the USCIS instructions.
                      <End of Rant/>

                      Working on I-944 now because I will inevitably get an RFE.
                      I feel you. I feel the same.
                      Spouse of USC
                      9/18/2020: i-485, i-130 (including i-130a), i-864EZ, i-131, and i-765, delivered to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Filing - I-485, I-130 / 130A, I-693, I-765, I-131, I-864, I-944 together.

                        I spoke to Immigration on the phone on the 16th and they were adament the i-944 would not be re-introduced. At least not before the new year. My husband was not convinced and we prepped the entire file just incase. So glad we did.

                        Im apprehensive that my choice to opt out of health insurance the past three years living in the USA is going to go against me despite everything else in the form being peachy.

                        Timeline so far:
                        September 24, 2020 - Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record signed by a civil surgeon
                        September 26, 2020 - Package Mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
                        Last edited by ktait; 09-26-2020, 09:33 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ktait View Post
                          Filing - I-485, I-130 / 130A, I-693, I-765, I-131, I-864, I-944 together.

                          I spoke to Immigration on the phone on the 16th and they were adament the i-944 would not be re-introduced. At least not before the new year. My husband was not convinced and we prepped the entire file just incase. So glad we did.

                          Im apprehensive that my choice to opt out of health insurance the past three years living in the USA is going to go against me despite everything else in the form being peachy.

                          Timeline so far:
                          September 24, 2020 - Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record signed by a civil surgeon
                          September 26, 2020 - Package Mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
                          Did you enroll for future and attached the proof? That should help.
                          F2A, Spouse of LPR.
                          8/10/20 I-485,I-131,I-765 sent
                          8/12 Application received by USCIS
                          8/26 Mobile Notifications received
                          9/05 Received I-797 Receipt
                          9/08 RFIE sent for lack of I-864 (even though I am EXEMPT)
                          9/09 Got email notification about RFIE
                          9/14 I received the RFIE in mail
                          9/22 Responded to RFIE with I-864
                          9/24 USCIS received the response to RFIE
                          10/2 USCIS sent I-693 Deficiency Notice (no email notifications)
                          10/9 Received I-693 notice.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I worked on our i-944 for 3 months, and it turned out to be 131 pages of evidence. Then they said "don't submit it", but I did not care, I put in so much work, so I submitted it anyways. I'm glad I did.

                            It's not fair what they are doing to the people. After February 24, many people figured they cannot even pass the I-944 requirements, so they decided not to even send in an AOS package. Then there was hope for them again when they said the I-944 was not required anymore. So those people finally sent in their AOS package. Now if they cannot pass the I-944, they don't just get denied, they might even get deported. What a trap!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Spouse of USC.
                              1. 9/8/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using UPS (I130, I130a, I485, I765, I131. Did not file I-944)
                              2. 9/11/2020 - Application received by USCIS
                              3. 9/18/2020 - Checks cashed by USCIS
                              4. 9/21/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers. The receipt numbers starts with MSC.
                              5. 9/26/2020 - Received 4 I-797s corresponding to the NOAs. PD is 9/11/2020.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X