October 2020 I1485 filers may join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wynnie View Post
    Any Oct Filers are still waiting for Medical RFE?
    Mine is EB3, filed Oct 28 2020, NBC. Bio on Feb 18 2021. Radio silence ever since.
    That is very odd. I am also EB3 and filed on Oct 30, 2020. I had my Biometrics in mid-April 2021. I got my medical RFE in September 2021 and got my GC promptly approved in September 2021 upon submission of medicals. What does your case status say online? What is your field office? I-485 goes to the field office closest to where you reside. I'm pretty sure you should be able submit an “outside normal processing time” service request online.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoodRick View Post
      That is very odd. I am also EB3 and filed on Oct 30, 2020. I had my Biometrics in mid-April 2021. I got my medical RFE in September 2021 and got my GC promptly approved in September 2021 upon submission of medicals. What does your case status say online? What is your field office? I-485 goes to the field office closest to where you reside. I'm pretty sure you should be able submit an “outside normal processing time” service request online.
      It says "Fingerprint taken...". Field office is Santa Ana CA. It seems like everyone who filed in Oct 2020 completed their journey already except for me.
      i wanted to just send in the medical without the RFE cause I have been waiting since ever but my attorney told me to wait. And Santa Ana office is processing Sep filers now, anyone filed before Sep 18 2020 is considered outside normal processing time. So I am hoping they will touch my case soon.

Comment

It says "Fingerprint taken...". Field office is Santa Ana CA. It seems like everyone who filed in Oct 2020 completed their journey already except for me.
        i wanted to just send in the medical without the RFE cause I have been waiting since ever but my attorney told me to wait. And Santa Ana office is processing Sep filers now, anyone filed before Sep 18 2020 is considered outside normal processing time. So I am hoping they will touch my case soon.
        That is correct. The Santa Ana office is processing September 2020 right now, so they should get to your case soon enough. Fingers crossed. You might want to contact a USCIS approved Civil Surgeon and book an appointment and get your medicals done and keep it handy so that when you get the RFE, you can promptly submit it without further delay. Getting an appointment can take a week and then it takes another week to get the lab work done and getting the sealed envelope. So the whole medical thing could take upto 2 weeks if not more. Your medicals need to be submitted to USCIS within 60 days of the date that the civil surgeon signs on it, so If you are anticipating a Medical RFE within a month then it might be beneficial to get the medical in hand.

Comment

That is correct. The Santa Ana office is processing September 2020 right now, so they should get to your case soon enough. Fingers crossed. You might want to contact a USCIS approved Civil Surgeon and book an appointment and get your medicals done and keep it handy so that when you get the RFE, you can promptly submit it without further delay. Getting an appointment can take a week and then it takes another week to get the lab work done and getting the sealed envelope. So the whole medical thing could take upto 2 weeks if not more. Your medicals need to be submitted to USCIS within 60 days of the date that the civil surgeon signs on it, so If you are anticipating a Medical RFE within a month then it might be beneficial to get the medical in hand.
          I am just not sure how fast the USCIS pace is right now, but that is a good idea, thank you.

Comment

I am just not sure how fast the USCIS pace is right now, but that is a good idea, thank you.
            No worries, and good luck. In any case the 2021 fiscal year has already ended and a new FY 2022 has begun at USCIS, so there is no rush anymore to try to get your medicals to USCIS. You can take your time and wait until you get the actual RFE letter in hand to then work on your next steps. My case was different. When I received my RFE letter for medical in early September 2021, USCIS explicitly mentioned in the RFE letter that I should try to respond by 09/30/2021 if I'd like my case to be considered for a visa for FY 2021. I was lucky that I was able to turn around, get an appointment with a USCIS approved civil surgeon and submit my RFE response before 09/30. I barely got it in by the deadline by the skin of my teeth and USCIS approved my GC on 09/30. In hindsight, I wish my attorney had recommended that we submit the medicals along with the initial I-485 AOS application filing to avoid such a last minute manic suspenseful rush. The medicals are valid for 2 years which is more than ample time for AOS processing times at any field office or service center.
            Last edited by GoodRick; 10-10-2021, 03:45 PM.

Comment

No worries, and good luck. In any case the 2021 fiscal year has already ended and a new FY 2022 has begun at USCIS, so there is no rush anymore to try to get your medicals to USCIS. You can take your time and wait until you get the actual RFE letter in hand to then work on your next steps. My case was different. When I received my RFE letter for medical in early September 2021, USCIS explicitly mentioned in the RFE letter that I should try to respond by 09/30/2021 if I'd like my case to be considered for a visa for FY 2021. I was lucky that I was able to turn around, get an appointment with a USCIS approved civil surgeon and submit my RFE response before 09/30. I barely got it in by the deadline by the skin of my teeth and USCIS approved my GC on 09/30. In hindsight, I wish my attorney had recommended that we submit the medicals along with the initial I-485 AOS application filing to avoid such a last minute manic suspenseful rush. The medicals are valid for 2 years which is more than ample time for AOS processing times at any field office or service center.
              That was very lucky for you actually. I kinda wish my attorney had asked me to submit the medical along with my application as well, I had no idea why anyone would not do that. 2 years is a good length of time. I would have done that if I had known it. Thank you.

Comment

• I received a medical RFE on Sep 10th and have replied by Sep 17th. No replies since then. Notice stated if want to be considered for this year assignment submit it before sep 30th..

Comment

That was very lucky for you actually. I kinda wish my attorney had asked me to submit the medical along with my application as well, I had no idea why anyone would not do that. 2 years is a good length of time. I would have done that if I had known it. Thank you.
                  Exactly! I did not know that either at that time. I would have done that if I had known it. Sometimes we defer so much to the attorneys and their expertise that we don't always do our independent research. We just follow their guidance blindly. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaverickJ View Post
                    I received a medical RFE on Sep 10th and have replied by Sep 17th. No replies since then. Notice stated if want to be considered for this year assignment submit it before sep 30th..
                    Yup. That is the exact same RFE letter that I received from the Philadelphia field office. What is your field office? Medical RFE likely means that everything else is fine with your case and they just need for I-693 to approve your case.

Comment

• Hi All,

I am in EB1C category. The timeline of our application is as follows-
                      Oct 30, 2020: Application delivered at USCIS
                      March 2021: EAD Received
                      Sept 17 2021: RFE for medicals received
                      Sept 29, 2021: Medicals response submitted/ delivered
                      Our RFE letter stated that if we we submit our response before september 30, it would be considered for 2021 fiscal year allotment. Is that still true? I have not received any response after submitting.

Any idea how long we will have to wait for our GC ?

Regards,
                      Kay

Comment

• Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

If you provided the sealed medicals and are less than 2 years, then you don't need to bring another medical.

I guess you need to go together and prepare for employment questions and marriage questions. Bring current documents showing both names just in case (driver license with the same address, loan documents, credit cards, checking/savings account, tax returns, etc.)

I'm sorry I can't help more, your case is unique (at least for me). Please let us know your experience after the interview. Good luck.
                        The interview went well (actually we got one question wrong on the last time of entry to US, I blame COVID) but not a big deal. The interviewer did not request to see any additional doc besides my green card and his ID. We did show him some photos anyway. My husband's card was approved 9/28 and we finally got our card last week. We asked why he had to do the interview and the interviewer didn't know for sure but was guessing it was because we were married in 2019 so still relatively recent (although I know couples who married for less time and no interview). Anyways journey over. Thanks for all the support and info from the forum. Here is the timeline for both:

EB3 Priority Date - Jan 2018
                        I-485, I-765, I-131 Applications together with medicals received on: 10/28/2020
                        Receipt Notice Date for all three applications: 12/03/2020
                        Fingerprinting Completed on Date (same for primary and dependent): 5/21/2021
                        EAD and AP Approval Date (same for both): 07/22/2021 (one day apart)
                        EAD cards received for both: 7/26/2021 (one day apart)
                        I485 for primary approved: 8/11/2021 (card ordered the day before, mailed a day after 485 approval). Dependent's status stuck at "fingerprints are taken"
                        Interview notice for dependent received: 9/20/2021
                        Interviewed with USCIS and card ordered: 9/28/2021
                        I485 approved for dependent: 9/29/2021
                        Card received for dependent: 10/8/2021

Comment

• Hello folks! It’s so good to be part of this forum. I login everyday to check the news from you guys.

I’m on EB1-C from Brazil. Priority date is current.

Filed on October 20th
                          Receipt of 765/485 received on Dec/20

Fingerprints taken on March 17th
                          EAD received on July 13th

Today I got this 485J Fee waived receipt on March 30 with October 6th notice date via mail.

Does it mean something is going on?

Is it an indication that the 485 is going to be approved?

Comment

• Originally posted by SAPB View Post
                            Hello folks! It’s so good to be part of this forum. I login everyday to check the news from you guys.

I’m on EB1-C from Brazil. Priority date is current.

Filed on October 20th
                            Receipt of 765/485 received on Dec/20

Fingerprints taken on March 17th
                            EAD received on July 13th

Today I got this 485J Fee waived receipt on March 30 with October 6th notice date via mail.

Does it mean something is going on?

Is it an indication that the 485 is going to be approved?
                            Is your I140 approved?
                            | This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice |

Comment

• Originally posted by shiva_82 View Post

Is your I140 approved?
                              Yes, the I-140 was approved on March 2021

Comment

Sorry I'm not familiar with the term "courtesy notice". Did your lawyer receive a "I-797C Approval Notice". If so, You should ask that the lawyer share a copy of that notice with you so that you can see the details for yourself to make sure it has your information on it. Also, what is your lawyer advising you to do?
                                Thanks.. I asked the lawyers to get me the I485 approval.. here is what they replied..

""

Hi,

Thank you for your email and please allow me to respond. Our office apologizes for the confusion, as we mistook the approval of the I-485 (Courtesy Copy) Supplement J Approval Notice with the I-485 (Courtesy Copy) Approval Notice. However, as soon as we receive the I-485 Approval Notices for you and your spouse, we will reach out to you, accordingly. Thank you for your patience.

""

Stupid Lawyers.....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X