December 2020 I-485 filers may join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by garygnu View Post
    I just checked my online USCIS status and my I-485 status has changed to "Interview was Scheduled". Earlier today, I got an email this morning from USCIS confirming my change of address from San Francisco, CA to Dallas, Texas. I moved to Dallas exactly 1 month ago. I am awaiting for the mail instructions for the location and schedule of my interview.
    You will need to check with USCIS if you don't get your letter in a week or so. Getting the "Interview was Scheduled" the same day as your change of address confirmation makes me think that maybe they scheduled your interview in CA instead of TX.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

You will need to check with USCIS if you don't get your letter in a week or so. Getting the "Interview was Scheduled" the same day as your change of address confirmation makes me think that maybe they scheduled your interview in CA instead of TX.
      I informed USCIS about my change of address in the middle of September, hopefully my interview will be in Texas. If it was scheduled in California, I will call USCIS and have it rescheduled in Texas. Worse case scenario is flying to San Francisco for the interview.
      Timeline:
      Marriage to American Citizen (San Francisco)
      12/18/20: My package was received at Chicago lockbox
      01/10/21: I received four NOA receipts on January 5, 2021
      07/09/21: Biometrics done
      07/15/2021: Online update on I-485: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
      8/26/2021: We ordered your new card (I-765)
      8/27/2021: Online update on I-765 and I-131: case was approved
      9/3/2021: Card Was Delivered / Combo Card on hand
      10/28/2021: Update on USCIS website: "Interview was scheduled"

Comment

• Originally posted by garygnu View Post

I informed USCIS about my change of address in the middle of September, hopefully my interview will be in Texas. If it was scheduled in California, I will call USCIS and have it rescheduled in Texas. Worse case scenario is flying to San Francisco for the interview.
        I got the interview schedule in the mail and it will be in Dallas on the 1st week of December.
        Timeline:
        Marriage to American Citizen (San Francisco)
        01/10/21: I received four NOA receipts on January 5, 2021
        07/09/21: Biometrics done
        07/15/2021: Online update on I-485: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
        8/26/2021: We ordered your new card (I-765)
        8/27/2021: Online update on I-765 and I-131: case was approved
        9/3/2021: Card Was Delivered / Combo Card on hand
        10/28/2021: Update on USCIS website: "Interview was scheduled"

Comment

• Hi everyone! I had my adjustment of status through marriage interview yesterday. At the end of the interview, the officer said he was recommending we be approved. Then he said we we were approved and issued a letter stating the approval. The officer informed us we would receive the green card in the mail in 1-2 weeks. Two hours after the interview, my USCIS account revealed a card had been ordered. So happy and excited! Can’t believe how smooth this process has been!

Interview tips/facts: We were able to line up outside the building 15 minutes before our interview time. Make sure to bring your interview notice as they will check it at the door. You then go through security (think of it like airport security). If you're wearing heels or boots, you'll be asked to take your shoes off. We were in the waiting room for about an hour and 15 minutes before our names were called. Our interview was scheduled for 12pm and we were called at 1:15pm I believe. We didn't realize the officers interviewing us would be in regular clothes. Made the whole experience feel less scary/intense. We got to an office which reminded me of a college professor's office. There was a plexiglass at the edge of the desk between officer and my husband and I sat on the other side of it. We were asked simple questions, when did we start dating, proposal, wedding (civil ceremony), and then were asked biographical information. It didn't feel at all like we were being quizzed on how well we knew each other. It was just simply us giving our story and verifying information on the form. We had to make a couple of minor changes on the I-485. For example, there was an address inputted incorrectly, a phone number typo, and then my last date of entry had changed. The officer will tell you any changes he/she is making to the form. I was verbally asked that long list of questions from the 485 that were checked "no." We were asked to provide joint documents. We provided tax return, house lease, car insurance, renter's, and life insurance. We also discussed trips we took. The officer didn't ask for photos as we submitted with our original application, but I gave a couple anyways to include in the file. We submitted my medical exam and my husband's financial info with our original information, and neither were mentioned at the interview - my husband just confirmed he was still working at the same place. We had printed and photocopied a lot of documents ahead of time but did not need many of them. The most important I would say is to bring in your actual driver's licenses, passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates, EAD and/or advance parole cards. Make photocopies of any new information (joint documents) and passport last entry stamp (if you have one).

01/11/21: I received four NOA receipts in the mail (online case number indicates my fingerprint fee check was cashed on 12/29/20)
          02/05/21: I received biometrics letter in the mail for my upcoming appointment, which is scheduled for the end of this month (letter came from the NBC)
          02/18/21: Biometrics appointment
          04/09/21: I-485 receipt reads Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
          05/03/21: Requested EAD to be expedited (my current TN expires end of this month)
          05/10/21: My I-765 receipt says, "Expedite Request approved."
          05/11/21: My I-765 now says, "New card is being produced."
          05/12/21: I-765 and I-131 both read "My Case was Approved. We sent you an approval notice"
          05/13/21: I-765 reads "My card was mailed to me"
          05/15/21: My combo card (both I-765 and I-131) arrived to my attorney's office via USPS priority.
          10/07/21: Update on USCIS website that says, "Your interview has been scheduled"
          10/12/21: Received interview notice in the mail for mid November
          11/15/21: Interview today. We were told at interview we were approved.
          11/15/21: USCIS account had an update two hours after interview for I-485 reading "we ordered your new card"
          11/16/21: Update online through myUSCIS - I-130 "Case was approved - we sent you an approval notice"
          11/16/21: Update online through myUSCIS - I-485 "Case was approved - we sent you an approval notice"
          Last edited by CanChar; 11-16-2021, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanChar View Post
            Hi everyone! I had my adjustment of status through marriage interview yesterday. At the end of the interview, the officer said he was recommending we be approved. Then he said we we were approved and issued a letter stating the approval. The officer informed us we would receive the green card in the mail in 1-2 weeks. Two hours after the interview, my USCIS account revealed a card had been ordered. So happy and excited! Can’t believe how smooth this process has been!

Interview tips/facts: We were able to line up outside the building 15 minutes before our interview time. Make sure to bring your interview notice as they will check it at the door. You then go through security (think of it like airport security). If you're wearing heels or boots, you'll be asked to take your shoes off. We were in the waiting room for about an hour and 15 minutes before our names were called. Our interview was scheduled for 12pm and we were called at 1:15pm I believe. We didn't realize the officers interviewing us would be in regular clothes. Made the whole experience feel less scary/intense. We got to an office which reminded me of a college professor's office. There was a plexiglass at the edge of the desk between officer and my husband and I sat on the other side of it. We were asked simple questions, when did we start dating, proposal, wedding (civil ceremony), and then were asked biographical information. It didn't feel at all like we were being quizzed on how well we knew each other. It was just simply us giving our story and verifying information on the form. We had to make a couple of minor changes on the I-485. For example, there was an address inputted incorrectly, a phone number typo, and then my last date of entry had changed. The officer will tell you any changes he/she is making to the form. I was verbally asked that long list of questions from the 485 that were checked "no." We were asked to provide joint documents. We provided tax return, house lease, car insurance, renter's, and life insurance. We also discussed trips we took. The officer didn't ask for photos as we submitted with our original application, but I gave a couple anyways to include in the file. We submitted my medical exam and my husband's financial info with our original information, and neither were mentioned at the interview - my husband just confirmed he was still working at the same place. We had printed and photocopied a lot of documents ahead of time but did not need many of them. The most important I would say is to bring in your actual driver's licenses, passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates, EAD and/or advance parole cards. Make photocopies of any new information (joint documents) and passport last entry stamp (if you have one).
            Congratulations! . Where was your interview?

Comment

• Case approved today in NJ for marriage based . The interview was short and quick . Asked a lot of questions on 485 and also on the relationship dates . I already have an approved 140 from employment since 2013 , so the interviewer also rechecked it with me and said he would approve the case by the end of the day . He said I should get the card in mail in 2 weeks . All the very best to all of you for your interviews and I hope we all get to meet again in a few years in the naturalization forums

Comment

• Case was approved today (marriage based).
                Had an interview yesterday. The officer said to expect the card in 2-3 weeks.

Comment

• Got my card today . Interview completed 11/22 in NJ . since our marriage was only an year and a month old I got the card only for 2 years which was explained by the officer prior to us leaving the interview. My PD was Dec 2nd 2020 and I got my GC in hand on Dec 2nd 2021 exactly an year .

all the very best for the rest of you and I hope you all get your gc by end of the year
                  Last edited by ash0550; 12-02-2021, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Employment-based fillers in TX, did anyone get EAD?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X