Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time does it take for response to Re-Entry Permit Application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time does it take for response to Re-Entry Permit Application?

Hi I am a Greencard holder, and have mailed my Re-Entry permit application I-131 about over 2 weeks ago, but I haven't even received any notice from USCIS of receipt of app. Also, my fees check has not been encashed either as of today.

Can anyone here tell me how long it takes for biometric notice to arrive after you have mailed the Re-Entry application form? Do they mail biometric notice after approval/rejection of app or before?

Some details about the process would be appreciated. Thanks!

It’s been almost four weeks and I haven’t received a receipt notice even for my reentry permit application. What should I do?

Comment

Shankar Chowk Check processing wait times here - https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ For example, the wait time for I-131 if your application was sent to California Service Center, then the wait time currently is 6.5 to 8.5 months. Due to Covid, all applications have been significantly delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shankar Chowk View Post
        It’s been almost four weeks and I haven’t received a receipt notice even for my reentry permit application. What should I do?
        I'm in a similar situation. File I-131 for my mother in late November and still haven't received a receipt notice. They have not even deposited the check yet. Will post here once we receive anything; would be good to know the timing if you receive any notice.

Comment

I wanted to know how many days till I get a case number or a receipt notice? That processing time list gives time to approve application not send a receipt notice. It seems I’ll leave usa and come back a few months later. This is very slow processing.

Comment

I wanted to know how many days till I get a case number or a receipt notice? That processing time list gives time to approve application not send a receipt notice. It seems I’ll leave usa and come back a few months later. This is very slow processing.
            In the past, USCIS used to send a receipt notice within a week to two weeks of filing. This may have slowed down due to the pandemic and limited staff in USCIS offices.

Have you filed for a re-entry permit in the past and provided biometrics? If so, they may decide to re-use to them as I have read from some posts here that USCIS is re-using old biometrics when possible to avoid sending people to a biometrics center.

Comment

Hi yes a few weeks ago I did get my biometrics done to renew my greencard. If they use those biometrics for my new reentry app that would be awesome. Let’s hope!

Comment

Originally posted by theAviator View Post

In the past, USCIS used to send a receipt notice within a week to two weeks of filing. This may have slowed down due to the pandemic and limited staff in USCIS offices.

Have you filed for a re-entry permit in the past and provided biometrics? If so, they may decide to re-use to them as I have read from some posts here that USCIS is re-using old biometrics when possible to avoid sending people to a biometrics center.
                Hi do let me know if you get any receipt notice or further action like appointment for biometrics. That way I might be able to figure out how many weeks left for my application. Thanks!

Comment

Hi do let me know if you get any receipt notice or further action like appointment for biometrics. That way I might be able to figure out how many weeks left for my application. Thanks!
                  Yes, will keep you posted. USCIS hasn't deposited the check yet so likely the receipt notice hasn't been mailed either. Without a receipt # there is no way to track down what is the status of the application.

Comment

Yes, will keep you posted. USCIS hasn't deposited the check yet so likely the receipt notice hasn't been mailed either. Without a receipt # there is no way to track down what is the status of the application.
                    Just noticed that USCIS deposited the check today so the receipt notice should be coming in soon. Had mailed the application via FedEx 2-day on Nov. 16th, 2020. Will post here once I receive receipt notice.

Comment

Awesome so I’m two weeks after you. Keep posting updates. Let me know when biometrics letter arrives

Comment

Just noticed that USCIS deposited the check today so the receipt notice should be coming in soon. Had mailed the application via FedEx 2-day on Nov. 16th, 2020. Will post here once I receive receipt notice.
                        Hi Let me know if you receive notice of biometrics appointment..

Comment

Hi Let me know if you receive notice of biometrics appointment..
                          Nothing in the mail yet as of today...have not even receipt notice yet.

Comment

Same here the fees have been deducted but not even a receipt letter mailed.

Comment

Nothing in the mail yet as of today...have not even receipt notice yet.
                              Hi any update regarding the biometrics or any other notification?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X