Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SEPTEMBER 2021 I-751 FILERS - this is our thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

Applied in September 2021 for I-751. Received the 2 year extension and status has been on biometrics applied since October 2021.

Yesterday, I applied for citizenship with N-400. My case status is now on “your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS” but it looks like it also triggered a change on my I-751 to “Case transferred to another office”

If anyone had a similar experience, I’d love to know what happened. I’m wondering if I have just delayed the process by applying to N-400.
    C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD
    * 10/31/18 - Credit Card charged for both i-130 and i-485
    * 11/01/18 - 4 text messreceived
    * 11/06/18 - 4 NoAs in mailbox
    * 11/10/18 - Biometrics notification in the mail
    * 11/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment
    * 12/05/18 - "Fingerprint Review was Completed" i-485 and i-765
    * 02/27/19 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" i-485
    * 02/28/19 - Received the i-693 Courtesy Letter
    * 05/20/19 - 2 NoAs for i-765 and i-131 in mailbox
    * 05/22/19 - Combo Card in hand

Comment

• You’re good. I submitted my N-400 in April and the statuses were changed the same as yours. I have my interview scheduled at the end of October.

Comment

• Originally posted by colly90 View Post
        You’re good. I submitted my N-400 in April and the statuses were changed the same as yours. I have my interview scheduled at the end of October.
        Thanks, that’s good to know! Where did you I-751 get transferred? I don’t know yet. It was originally in Vermont. Why do they get transferred to another office?

congrats and best of luck on your upcoming interview!
        C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD
        * 10/31/18 - Credit Card charged for both i-130 and i-485
        * 11/01/18 - 4 text messreceived
        * 11/06/18 - 4 NoAs in mailbox
        * 11/10/18 - Biometrics notification in the mail
        * 11/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment
        * 12/05/18 - "Fingerprint Review was Completed" i-485 and i-765
        * 02/27/19 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" i-485
        * 02/28/19 - Received the i-693 Courtesy Letter
        * 05/20/19 - 2 NoAs for i-765 and i-131 in mailbox
        * 05/22/19 - Combo Card in hand

Comment

• I’m guessing they transferred I-751 to the office where your interview will be.

Comment

• Did anyone hear anything back yet?

Comment

• I submitted my I-751 but got an RFE for Form I-751 recently:

The instructions seem straightforward enough - print page 2, answer all the questions including Insurance and initial the page, right?

But I've had forms be returned for very small mistakes so I wanted to get the community's opinion on a few points:
              • Should I just include page 2 of the reprinted application?
              • Should I just initial question 18 on the page or do you think I should initial next to all of them?
              • For question 23, should I also include all the addresses on Part 11 (which is on page 11) as stated here? Seeing as they've already received my initial Form I-751 I don't think I need to do this, but maybe it doesn't hurt to be safe

These are probably really minor questions, but I want to get this right and avoid any delays since my permanent residence expiry is coming up. If anyone is able to help me figure this out I would appreciate it a lot!​
              Attached Files
              Last edited by cowboy87; 10-06-2022, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• I just read this website and it says " USCIS Begins Sending Identification Documents via “Signature Confirmation Restricted Delivery” Mail October 2, 2020"

Is this true? Did anyone received the Green Card with signature mail?

Thank you!​

Comment

• Originally posted by vv123 View Post
                  I just read this website and it says " USCIS Begins Sending Identification Documents via “Signature Confirmation Restricted Delivery” Mail October 2, 2020"

Is this true? Did anyone received the Green Card with signature mail?

Thank you!​
                  I do not believe this is accurate. My wife received her 10 year GC a few months ago and it was sent via USPS Priority mail with NO signature confirmation. Just normal Priority Mail tracking info. In fact in her case, the mail was not delivered until 13 days past it schedule delivery due date (we had to file a lost mail claim with USPS).

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthBay2019 View Post

I do not believe this is accurate. My wife received her 10 year GC a few months ago and it was sent via USPS Priority mail with NO signature confirmation. Just normal Priority Mail tracking info. In fact in her case, the mail was not delivered until 13 days past it schedule delivery due date (we had to file a lost mail claim with USPS).
                    Thanks for the information. It is really helpful. I see you already send N-400. Good luck to your application. Do you know the current average waiting time? And will it usually need an interview recently? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by vv123 View Post

Thanks for the information. It is really helpful. I see you already send N-400. Good luck to your application. Do you know the current average waiting time? And will it usually need an interview recently? Thanks
                      Thanks. N-400 lead time is really specific to the field office. Each one is different. Ours is Los Angeles and online USCIS account is showing 8 months. However, I am seeing some interviews being scheduled in 3 months. And yes, there will definitely be an interview for N-400 because it requires civic and english writing/reading test.

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthBay2019 View Post

Thanks. N-400 lead time is really specific to the field office. Each one is different. Ours is Los Angeles and online USCIS account is showing 8 months. However, I am seeing some interviews being scheduled in 3 months. And yes, there will definitely be an interview for N-400 because it requires civic and english writing/reading test.
                        That is really quick in LA. I checked in Seattle it takes around 19.5 months. Do you know does the interview require the citizen spouse to go together or only for the applicant?

Comment

• I submitted my N400 application online and suddenly got an update for my 751 application that says it will be transferred to a different office - it’s probably going to where my N400 is being reviewed.

Comment

• Any updates everyone? I just checked the Nebraska center has an longer avg awaiting time 19month. Not sure when I can get my permanent GC...

Comment

• No updates as of late, mine still says Current as of today at 5:13 p.m. (1/3/2023) September 8, 2021 Case Was Received

Had my fingerprints taken in Nov of 2021 but still, no updates or nothing has changed.

Vermont center now has a 19 months of processing time, so I think we are to see what's going on in the Summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by lornapleiades View Post
                                No updates as of late, mine still says Current as of today at 5:13 p.m. (1/3/2023) September 8, 2021 Case Was Received

Had my fingerprints taken in Nov of 2021 but still, no updates or nothing has changed.

Vermont center now has a 19 months of processing time, so I think we are to see what's going on in the Summer.
                                it is usually goes up , arent you planing to apply for n-400?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X