Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: Parents' biometrics completed yesterday in Mumbai - quick process, done in 15 min flat. Thanks to one of the posts in this forum earlier, had asked them to carry photographs, which they took. They also took the photo the usual way after completing fingerprinting.

ReleClinic accepted the printout of the IL (earlier they had asked for a copy of the actual letter) - it took a few calls over a few days to get the medical appt scheduled (they were asking parents to call back about this only from 3pm-6pm each day) - they have given the appt date over the phone and a list of docs has been sent via SMS - no confirmation otherwise. They have their medical appt a week from today.

Thanks to all who responded to my questions - this forum has been invaluable getting those answered!

Comment

• Hey guys,

I am in the process of inviting my in-laws to the US. Today I got an email from NVC stating all of the documents were accepted and they will work with BOMBAY Embassy for Visa Interview. Their priority date is 08-DEC-2020.

Is there a way to know what current priority dates are being called in for their visa interviews?

Comment

• after IR5 visa interview and if visa get approved can it be pick up on same day? any one please respond since i choose pick up option for my parents and they leaving mumbai next day.
        there interview is on 5/26..
        Thanks

Comment

• Arrived in Grand Rabids, Michigan on 9th May. Received SSN on the 16th May.

Comment

• Originally posted by chirag_shah_1 View Post
            Hey guys,

I am in the process of inviting my in-laws to the US. Today I got an email from NVC stating all of the documents were accepted and they will work with BOMBAY Embassy for Visa Interview. Their priority date is 08-DEC-2020.

Is there a way to know what current priority dates are being called in for their visa interviews?
            Priority date doesn't matter. What matters is the DQ (Documentarily Qualified) date. This is when the email from NVC would have come stating that they will work with the Mumbai consulate for the interview. If you scroll back a few pages on this forum, you will see that DQ dates in April 2021 have got interview emails. My mom's DQ date is Feb 2021 and her interview email came on May 4th with an actual interview on June 1st.

Comment

• Hi all, my mom will be traveling with a relative for the interview in Mumbai. Another lady that my mom met at the VAC appointment also has an interview at the same time. She wants to accompany my mom from Hyderabad to Mumbai and stay at the same hotel. I already searched previous posts and noticed that a few hotels (Trident, Sofitel, Ramakrishna, La Hotel Metro) have been mentioned. Also, there are contradictory posts about cell phone storage at the consulate.

1) Can folks recommend a few hotels that have restaurants in-house or close-by? Please do not mention the 5-star choices such as Sofitel or Trident because both the interviewees don't want to spend so much
              2) Does the consulate have a place to store cell phones (for a fee of course) or not?
              3) If the consulate doesn't have a locker, I assume folks simply lock up the phones in their luggage and then leave it with the front desk.

Thank you very much for your help.
              Last edited by nakubo; 05-19-2022, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMS65 View Post
                Arrived in Grand Rabids, Michigan on 9th May. Received SSN on the 16th May.
                Hello there, I assume that you didn't have to apply for the SSN separately. The DS-260 form itself asks about whether you would like a SSN issued (below is a screenshot from my mom's DS-260). Can you please clarify. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-19 152204.png
Views:	740
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	783351

Comment

• Originally posted by patelmj2001 View Post
                  after IR5 visa interview and if visa get approved can it be pick up on same day? any one please respond since i choose pick up option for my parents and they leaving mumbai next day.
                  Thanks
                  Dear patelmj2001
                  As far as I understand, choosing the pickup option means the passport will be delivered to a courrier office nearby your residence from where you need to pickup.​​ I think no same day pickup. Takes about 4 days
                  Last edited by GeoMac; 05-19-2022, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by patelmj2001 View Post
                    after IR5 visa interview and if visa get approved can it be pick up on same day? any one please respond since i choose pick up option for my parents and they leaving mumbai next day.
                    Thanks
                    Dear patelmj2001, As far as I know, a same day pick up of the passport has not been reported in this Forum. Maybe the parents can make a request. Let us hope that the officer there, might agree. Incidentally May 26 is a Thursday, hopefully they can get it by May 27, then the weekend kicks in. This is an interesting situation and forum will be benefitted from your experience.
                    Best wishes

Comment

• There is no movement of IL after 4th may.What do you all think of the next date?
                      I also want to know the time of the day that you all recieved IL? IT should be our night time as the IL is posted from NVC.
                      Kindly let me know.Thank you.

Comment

• my parents got their DQ in Sept 2021. I guess we have to wait little longer as in a previous post I see the interviews happening now are for people with DQ dates in April 2021. anyone with DQ date in Sept 2021 who got interview emails?
                        I also read that we need to keep the case active, if not after a year they cancel it. How do I keep the case active in NVC? Does logging in and checking status qualify for keeping the case active?

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post
                          There is no movement of IL after 4th may.What do you all think of the next date?
                          I also want to know the time of the day that you all recieved IL? IT should be our night time as the IL is posted from NVC.
                          Kindly let me know.Thank you.
                          Dear sapnaanagol, several of us received the mail in the evening of May 4, that would pertain to Tuesday evening in USA. The next set of letters, most likely could start coming in by our Tuesday. Best wishes to all in waiting and also those in waiting for their interviews. Our interview coming up in three weeks on June 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by anvinjoe View Post
                            my parents got their DQ in Sept 2021. I guess we have to wait little longer as in a previous post I see the interviews happening now are for people with DQ dates in April 2021. anyone with DQ date in Sept 2021 who got interview emails?
                            I also read that we need to keep the case active, if not after a year they cancel it. How do I keep the case active in NVC? Does logging in and checking status qualify for keeping the case active?
                            Dear anvinjoe, I too have heard about this one year rule. So all I did was to send an expedite request through their enquiry portal. Then they will respond to your mail in three to four weeks and you have a proof. It may be about three months before you hear from the NVC. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankee25 View Post
                              Hello,
                              My mom passport got stamped with IR5 stamp last month and she is coming here next week. i have paid immigration fee. Other than passport any other documents required. Can some tell what to expect at port of entry .

Thanks
                              Yankee25
                              My mom came yesterday .. as mentioned in the forum .. she was taken into another room and she had to wait for 1 hr before she got her passport.. no questions asked or needed to show any documents. Just the passport with IR5 stamp.

yankee25

Comment

• Originally posted by yankee25 View Post

My mom came yesterday .. as mentioned in the forum .. she was taken into another room and she had to wait for 1 hr before she got her passport.. no questions asked or needed to show any documents. Just the passport with IR5 stamp.

yankee25
                                Thats fantastic piece of information. Congrats.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X