Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobby57 View Post

Thanks a lot sir ji. Our age is 65+.What is your age factor, if u don't mind to tell. Thanks????????.
    Dear Lobby57, what is there to hide. We are both 70 plus.
    when is your interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear turbunatorcf, you need to read the paper you got very carefully. I understand that you can delay paying the fee. To the best of my knowledge you must pay the fee before your parents enter United States. Keep in mind that the medical is valid for six months so they have to enter US before that. Also see the validity of the VISA, they will get the passports in one week. SSN will arrive in about 5 weeks after entering and about 9 weeks for the plastic GREEN CARD.
      Thanks. I will pay the fee as soon as the visa/passport is in hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by ms20xx View Post
        Could you share what is in the paper? We did not get it.
        Neither we got any medical CD or x-ray.
        please PM me your email ID. I can't update the documents here (it says it is too big)

Comment

• do we need passport photo for Biometric appointment?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forparents96 View Post
            do we need passport photo for Biometric appointment?
            Dear Forparents96, the Biometrics appointment does not say anything about the photos. But the Delhi people asked for the photos, they then stapled it to the copy of the DS-260 confirmation page, and returned them back. Saying that you will need at the time of interview. It is clearly not mandatory. Best wishes.
            Last edited by AlienKanpur; 05-15-2022, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• My Mother's documentary qualification email was dated March 25, 2021 but haven't heard anything about next steps from Mumabi ? Any assistance would be appreciated. I called and emailed the support number multiple times but they have canned response and no real help. Her priority date is May 8, 2019.

Comment

Hello ms20xx, one question regarding medical at max mohali. Did they collected any blood or urine sample from you or just xray and vaccine were enough. You also said they didn't gave u any Cd, just medical completion certificate. Please reply. Thanks.
                Your reply is awaited sir.

Comment

• This is for ms20xx.

Comment

• Anyone aware of the medical insurance related forums for parents in usa after ir5 visa??

Comment

• Originally posted by nash_d View Post

Rele Clinic told my mother over the phone that they need the physical letter and email won't work, hence the worry. I've still sent them the email just in case, and waiting to hear if that's ok with them.
                      Take the print out of the IL received in the email. My father just completed medical 10 days ago and he went with the IL printed out.

Comment

Your reply is awaited sir.
                        No blood, no urine
                        just x-ray and 4 vaccines
                        and gave medical completion paper to take to consulate

Comment

• Anyone know if parents should travel to sponsors city first or can they stop in another city in US take a day and then go my car ? Will that cause any issues at immigration?

Comment

Dear nash_d, khushpatel-2 and all others. Congratulations for getting the IL. Here is a point wise response to your queries:
                            1. This is the only IL that you will receive. No physical letters will be sent. I have completed my medical at Delhi, two days ago, using the e-mail and today I am going for the biometrics. Take a print out of the e-mail, that is the physical letter.
                            2. Off late we have seen in the forum that PCC as old as 18 months have been accepted. The website states the validity as two years. However if you can get a new one before the interview, there is no harm. I got a new PCC for the interview. In any case an older PCC will not jeopardise the process.
                            3. I-864 is not to be resubmitted. Latest copy of the Tax return can either be uploaded (preferably) or can be presented at the time of interview.
                            I think I have responded to all your doubts. Incidentally me and my wife have our interview on June 10. Best wishes to all.
                            Thank you so much AlienKanpur for always helping everyone. This is helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by L2022 View Post
                              Anyone know if parents should travel to sponsors city first or can they stop in another city in US take a day and then go my car ? Will that cause any issues at immigration?
                              Dear L2022, an interesting question. The port of entries from India to US are limited. Every petitioner may not be living in such a location. Clearly the beneficiaries can land anywhere in the US, and then proceed to the petitioner’s house. Border control in US is well aware of such circumstances. Don’t worry. Best wishes.

Comment

Dear Forparents96, the Biometrics appointment does not say anything about the photos. But the Delhi people asked for the photos, they then stapled it to the copy of the DS-260 confirmation page, and returned them back. Saying that you will need at the time of interview. It is clearly not mandatory. Best wishes.
                                Actually at the biometrics appointment, they want to veryfy the incumbant's identity. If they ask for a photograph and attach it to the printout of the appointment, it is good because on the same paper they acknoledge the completion of Biometrics testing by putting a stamp impression and that document has to be presented at the interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X