Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reshmadparikh View Post
    Hello everyone,

My mother’s DQ date for is Jan 2022 and PD is Aug 2020 but not update on interview scheduling for an IR5 visa. Can anyone help if they have information about the DQ dates for which interviews are being scheduled? Any other ways to push/expedite?
    Dear reshmadparikh,
    It seems to be almost impossible to predict about the date of interview. In the past we were able to extrapolate. But. The last time the extrapolation went right was with the July 25 ILs. Then the August 30, ILs ignored a large chunk of DQ cases (from September 21 to March 22). Similarly, the most recent ILs, originating on September 30 have targeted DQ cases upto June 22. People have no inkling of the cases that have been skipped. Let us hope that the next set of ILs, which are due in a week, will target the skipped cases. Keep your fingers crossed. Best wishes. No predictions can be made.

Comment

• Today, I was able to open my bank account
      We require our Visa, stamp of entry & my driver’s license of India Will update them as soon as I get SSN & GC

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post
        Today, I was able to open my bank account
        We require our Visa, stamp of entry & my driver’s license of India Will update them as soon as I get SSN & GC
        wow! Wonderful. You are fast player and shot a helicopter six. Congrats.

Comment

Today, I was able to open my bank account
          Dear sapnaanagol,
          Wow, as GeoMac says, it is a helicopter shot sixer. Congratulations. Which bank did you choose. I opened with the US Bank, they’re were very fussy about the address proof. It was only after I got my GC, that they accepted. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post
            Dear sapnaanagol,
            Wow, as GeoMac says, it is a helicopter shot sixer. Congratulations. Which bank did you choose. I opened with the US Bank, they’re were very fussy about the address proof. It was only after I got my GC, that they accepted. Best wishes.
            For address proof, simply drop an envelope with your address and postal stamp on it. When it comes to your address through post with a post mark, it becomes a valid document for address proof. DMV did nor consider my SS envelope or GC envelope for address proof because govt. letters have no postal stamps and so they do not put post marks to cancel the stamps. Now I have several docs like Medical bill, Driver's license etc. for that purpose.
            Last edited by GeoMac; 10-26-2022, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Hi All Forum members of IR5
              After I disembarked at the Houston airport, I had to join the long queue for immigration formalities. The queue for visitor & green card visa was the same. When I reached the cabin for immigration, the officer saw my passport, I gave the sealed envelope & e medical to him. He told me that I would have to go to another cabin at the end. One Policeman accompanied me to that cabin, the officer there took the passport & all other papers from the policeman. He then told me to have my seat & informed that I will be called after some time. There were about 4 of us. They check all our papers I think! After 10 minutes, the officer called me & told me that everything is fine & I can leave, I requested him for a change of address, I had already printed my Son’s address & mobile number & carried with me, gave him that piece of paper, he changed the address in his computer & told me that I could leave
              Absolutely simple.
              many congratuations! Hope this remains the same process for my mother, she will be coming in Newark NJ by AirIndia.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post

For address proof, simply drop an envelope with your address and postal stamp on it. When it comes to your address through post with a post mark, it becomes a valid document for address proof. DMV did nor consider my SS envelope or GC envelope for address proof. Now I have several docs like Medical bill, Driver's license etc. for that purpose. I got Medicaid too.
                Please do not open a Bank Account before you apply for Medicaid.
                Hello Dear GeoMac,

Are you in which state? Rules differ from state to state for DMV, Medical Insurance etc. Some more details about these issues will help new immigrants as well as immigrants in waiting. Please keep up the good work you all have been doing so far. Thanks for sharing the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post

Hello Dear GeoMac,

Are you in which state? Rules differ from state to state for DMV, Medical Insurance etc. Some more details about these issues will help new immigrants as well as immigrants in waiting. Please keep up the good work you all have been doing so far. Thanks for sharing the information.
                  I am in New York.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooolong View Post

many congratuations! Hope this remains the same process for my mother, she will be coming in Newark NJ by AirIndia.
                    Best wishes for a safe and comfortable travel to USA. I am sure that the entry into USA will be smooth. Keep the forum updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post

Hello Dear GeoMac,

Dear AS45,
                      Rules differ from state to state. Only thing common seems to be that one should try to register at the state market place within sixty days of entry into USA. The rest is done by the market place. They will suggest the best policy for you including the premium. Premium can depend on the individuals global annual income. Best wishes.

Comment

• Hello everyone! My mothers (age 60) B2 interview is in April 2023 in India, I just received my citizenship last month.
                        Given that there is a big chance she would be rejected (no other children in India, no job, only 1 apartment and 1 land property deed as proof of return), it was suggested that I start the I130 process for her.
                        What is the current time to get the green card from the time the I130 is received? Is it less than 2 years? Some posts in this same thread indicate some have got it in a shorter time.

Appreciate your help!

Comment

• Dear All.
                          Finally today, after having entered USA 69 days ago, the status for my wife’s green card has been updated to card has been mailed. Incidentally, my card was received in exactly 38 days, after entering. Both cards were sent for being produced on September 18. So, all is well that ends well. Best wishes to all in waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by bmower View Post
                            Hello everyone! My mothers (age 60) B2 interview is in April 2023 in India, I just received my citizenship last month.
                            Given that there is a big chance she would be rejected (no other children in India, no job, only 1 apartment and 1 land property deed as proof of return), it was suggested that I start the I130 process for her.
                            What is the current time to get the green card from the time the I130 is received? Is it less than 2 years? Some posts in this same thread indicate some have got it in a shorter time.

Appreciate your help!
                            Dear bmower,
                            Your apprehension is not uncalled for. One thumb rule that I give to people is to provide crisp short answers to the questions raised by the immigration people. I think that this is perhaps the first time that your mom is applying for a US visa. She can simply maintain that she has ties here and that she was never keen to go to US all these years. But now because of the sons pressure she has agreed to go. Maybe due to some additions in the family, maybe a purchase of new house, etc. No need to volunteer to inform that the son is now a US citizen. No need to hide if asked specifically. Hopefully the VISA will be approved. US officials are more worried about younger people who would go and vanish and take odd jobs.
                            Filing of the immigration petition should be shelved, till your mom gets the visa and enters USA. If you apply now for the I-130, she will most certainly be denied the B2 visa. Time frames are easily available on the USCIS/NVC websites. It may take 6 to 11 months for the I130 and then another 6 to 11 months for DS 260. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by bmower View Post
                              Hello everyone! My mothers (age 60) B2 interview is in April 2023 in India, I just received my citizenship last month.

Appreciate your help!
                              Dear bmower,
                              Your case is really interesting one. Your mom's visitor visa interview is in April i.e. after 6 months. If you file a petition for immigration now, the approval is likely in 6 to 8 months. These days, though the process can not be predicted unlike an year ago, we can be hopeful that the petition will get approved relatively sooner. so by May, you will get to filing DS260 and in about next 12 months there will be visa i.e May-June2024. Now if you do not file petition and simply take date for visitor visa interview in April 23 and let us presume that the visa is granted, then your mom can travel to US in April 2023. Here she will have to be very careful. She will be asked " reasons why you will come back to india" She has to say firmly that she will come back because 1. she has to look after her property namely.... 2. Pay tax for the proprerty.. 3. for her pension she has to be physically present before the bank officer and do biometrics ... 4. she has to manage her bank accounts and fix deposits etc. etc. Then if the visa is granted she will come to the US. AND after her arrival you can apply for adjustment of status i485 and few other forms alongwith that. This form can be filed only after 90 days of her arrival in the US. Before that at any time she should not tell anybody her infention of applying for adjustment of status. And if she does not get visitors visa then you will file a petition i130 and wait for atleast One and a half year. i.e. Oct-Nov.2024. Think and do as you like.
                              Last edited by GeoMac; 10-26-2022, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• GeoMac, AlienKanpur,

Thank you for taking the time out for your response!

GeoMac, you mentioned 12 months after filing DS260, is that 12 months to get to the Mumbai consulate interview stage?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X