Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOMonomous View Post
    Hi my parents interview was done successfully yesterday.

Interview itself was only about 5min, very general questions like who is sponsoring you, when did that person move to US, what do they do, what about your other kids etc.
    You get a choice before the interview, what language you want the interview to be conducted in.
    Total time in Embassy was about 2 hours. (mainly check in, submitting medical, pcc etc docs at a counter and wait times for actual interview).
    Their tourist visa was cancelled on the spot in their passport.

They stayed at Sofitel hotel which is 15min from airport and 5min walk to embassy.

They will get their passport back in next few days with the immigrant visa.

Since it was a 15 day notice to interview, getting PCC, medical, biometric was hard so I recommend folks that expect interview in the month or so atleast get PCC started off.

Pls let me know if anyone has any questions about the whole interview process.
    Sir,
    Our interview is very close by keeping the forum statistics and inputs in mind. We live in Goa and our interview Consulate selected by us is Mumbai. Will it be alright if we do the Police Clearance Certificate and keep it before we receive the NVC email ? Will the Consular Officer object as to why we took the PCC before we received the NVC email ?
    This will help us to travel to Mumbai as quickly as we can for our Medicals and the Biometrics.
    your frank suggestions and inputs will be highly appreciated.
    With regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by gharya54 View Post

Sir,
      Our interview is very close by keeping the forum statistics and inputs in mind. We live in Goa and our interview Consulate selected by us is Mumbai. Will it be alright if we do the Police Clearance Certificate and keep it before we receive the NVC email ? Will the Consular Officer object as to why we took the PCC before we received the NVC email ?
      This will help us to travel to Mumbai as quickly as we can for our Medicals and the Biometrics.
      your frank suggestions and inputs will be highly appreciated.
      With regards.
      Hello sir
      yes you can do the PCC in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamboj View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	F0955DFD-D878-42C1-993E-0195EACE9903.jpg
Views:	4161
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	775877
        Hello there
        Thank you for sharing this information.
        keep sharing latest information with each other.Would deeply appreciate if you stay in contact with us and give us latest interview information.

Comment

• Hello everyone, How many days it take to get the passport after the interview? Is it faster if city of interview (for example Mumbai) and passport collection city is same (Mumbai)?

Comment

• Thank you for the updates. Confirming that the biometrics appointment should be made at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/...&country=India
            by selecting visa class of K2. Can we make the biometrics appointment as soon as we receive the interview confirmation email (instead of waiting of the letter in mail) in order to avoid any delays.

Comment

Interview itself was only about 5min, very general questions like who is sponsoring you, when did that person move to US, what do they do, what about your other kids etc.
              You get a choice before the interview, what language you want the interview to be conducted in.
              Total time in Embassy was about 2 hours. (mainly check in, submitting medical, pcc etc docs at a counter and wait times for actual interview).

They stayed at Sofitel hotel which is 15min from airport and 5min walk to embassy.

Since it was a 15 day notice to interview, getting PCC, medical, biometric was hard so I recommend folks that expect interview in the month or so atleast get PCC started off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations ! Could you please share some information as to - How many total applicants came for the interview ; how many senior peoples (IR-5) , how many young applicants (IR-1 etc.), how many counters were actively open etc. etc. On the day ? Thanks
              Last edited by SG2020; 01-05-2022, 02:29 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Congratulations!
                Did you get medical examination done after receiving of interview date or before?
                Did you get biometrics done after getting interview date or before?

Thank you.

Comment

Congratulations! As it took 2 hours for the whole process at the Embassy, do they have seating arrangements for the elderly to sit while waiting. Thanks.

Comment

• @Harinder dhindsa or anyone done with interview ,how many days it takes to get the passport back after the visa interview? Is it faster if city of interview (for example Mumbai) and passport collection city is same (Mumbai)? Do they handover visa next day if passport collection is at Mumbai?

Comment

• Seating arrangements are available in Embassy. There were 4-5 counters open.
                      We got PCC/medical/biometrics after getting interview date (it was very rushed and exhausting for old parents to do everything in such a short notice).

Comment

• gkd i am from punjab I received passport in 3 working days. I think they don’t given passport by hand. They sent by blue dart that address you mention on biometric form.

Comment

• @Harinder dhindsa Thank you for responding. I am from Chandigarh so just wondering Chandigarh or Mumbai will be best for passport collection. I want to take my parent back with me so figuring out a faster process.

Comment

• Harinder dhindsa What is the expiration date on the visa? I read 6 months on the internet, but wanted to double check.

Comment

Seating arrangements are available in Embassy. There were 4-5 counters open.
                              We got PCC/medical/biometrics after getting interview date (it was very rushed and exhausting for old parents to do everything in such a short notice).
                              hi, what was your parents DQ date?

Comment

• family_gc issued date 28 dec 2021 expired 11 june

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X