Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shanaya View Post

Dear Praveen,

2022 tax transcript will not be available on IRS website until June/July.

So you can send copy of the tax return form.
    That is exactly what my concern was - the unavailability of the 2022 until mid-year. Thank you so much for your comment. I will send the 2021 transcript and 2022 tax return form.

Comment

• Police clearance certificate appointment is available month later, do I wait for that to submit the docs or is there any other document that i can submit on its behalf

Comment

• Originally posted by faizone View Post
        Police clearance certificate appointment is available month later, do I wait for that to submit the docs or is there any other document that i can submit on its behalf
        Dear faizone,
        Do not wait for the PCC. You can say that the PCC will be submitted later. Submit everything else. There is no substitute for the PCC. Best wishes.

Comment

• Just an update. My mother went in for her interview today. The officials expressed no concerns about the validity of her passport (it expires in 8 months). They asked her basic questions about my brother, who is the petitioner, and asked for the tax transcript. She was given a document that states that her immigrant visa is approved and was told that her passport would arrive in a 5-7 business days. Except for the substantial wait time (she went in at about 7:15 and got done only by 11:15 am or so), the process was smooth.

Thanks so much to everyone. This is a remarkably helpful group and I feel so blessed to have been a beneficiary of your wisdom.

Comment

• Want to check with group here. My son is living in different address than the address in DS application/834. Is it ok to tell current address if there is a question in interview ( my wife has interview on March 2rnd) about where does the petitioner live question...

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear faizone,
              Do not wait for the PCC. You can say that the PCC will be submitted later. Submit everything else. There is no substitute for the PCC. Best wishes.
              Dear AlienKanpur, without a PCC will I get a DQ status or do you think they will wait until a PCC is submitted to give DQ status

Comment

• Originally posted by faizone View Post

Dear AlienKanpur, without a PCC will I get a DQ status or do you think they will wait until a PCC is submitted to give DQ status
                Dear faizone,
                Only two things are possible. Most likely they will give a DQ status. Or in the worst case scenario they may issue an RFE, asking to submit the PCC. In this situation it may take a maximum of two to three weeks for DQ. I would suggest that you should submit the DS260 so that the process gets started. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by satya_gc View Post
                  Want to check with group here. My son is living in different address than the address in DS application/834. Is it ok to tell current address if there is a question in interview ( my wife has interview on March 2rnd) about where does the petitioner live question...
                  Dear satya_gc,
                  one thumb rule is that, never tell a lie to the interviewing officer. So if questioned one should give the correct address. As a matter of fact the correct address would have been entered when taking the Biometrics appointment. If not then one can voluntarily give the correct address at which the Green card will be sent. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by pooriepoorie View Post
                    Just an update. My mother went in for her interview today. The officials expressed no concerns about the validity of her passport (it expires in 8 months). They asked her basic questions about my brother, who is the petitioner, and asked for the tax transcript. She was given a document that states that her immigrant visa is approved and was told that her passport would arrive in a 5-7 business days. Except for the substantial wait time (she went in at about 7:15 and got done only by 11:15 am or so), the process was smooth.

Thanks so much to everyone. This is a remarkably helpful group and I feel so blessed to have been a beneficiary of your wisdom.
                    Heartiest Congratulations, pooriepoorie on the approval of your mom’s immigration petition. Good to hear that there was no concern about the validity of the passport. You should still ensure that your mom enters the USA within the next two month’s so that the validity is at least six months at the time of entry. Though this issue may not be so sacrosanct for people who are migrating. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by zakasbanda View Post

That is exactly what my concern was - the unavailability of the 2022 until mid-year. Thank you so much for your comment. I will send the 2021 transcript and 2022 tax return form.
                      Shanaya

To my surprise 2022 tax transcripts are already available @ IRS.
                      I guess things are improving :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear satya_gc,
                        one thumb rule is that, never tell a lie to the interviewing officer. So if questioned one should give the correct address. As a matter of fact the correct address would have been entered when taking the Biometrics appointment. If not then one can voluntarily give the correct address at which the Green card will be sent. Best wishes.
                        Thank you AK. I agree with you. Will follow to provide current address of my son.

Comment

• Originally posted by ggg1234 View Post

Hi Thank you,

My father got the visa on Nov 22, 2022. My mothers sputum results arrived negative. My mother got call from US Consulate of Mumbai, They said to come for visa interview on Jan 24, 2023. She asked them about fingerprint appointment. They told her to book one. I am little confused now. I did not get any official email. The number they called from was +91 22 26724000​. I went ahead and scheduled the fingerprint for Jan 22, 2023 and Visa appointment for Jan 24, 2022 on CGI website. I also confirmed from Max hospital that they sent my mothers report to Embassy and we are good to schedule appointment. Now the problem is, the interview I scheduled was from my fathers profile where my mother is listed as dependent. Should I keep the appointment and should my mother go for the interview. My father already got the visa, he will be accompanying her to Mumbai for interview.
                          I could not create separate profile for my mother as it was complaining that her information is already in database linked to my fathers profile

Comment

• I got same problem could not book an appointment after sputum result as details already registered so how did u book reschedul appointment please help

Comment

• Hello
                              My father recently did his medical test and was given a @ medical information sheet with a stamp. He was told that reports will be sent directly to consulate. Can someone please confirm that the information sheet is sufficient? I have read somewhere that normally we also receive a sealed envelope which my father did not receive.
                              Thanks in advance for clarification.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rahul57 View Post
                                Hello
                                My father recently did his medical test and was given a @ medical information sheet with a stamp. He was told that reports will be sent directly to consulate. Can someone please confirm that the information sheet is sufficient? I have read somewhere that normally we also receive a sealed envelope which my father did not receive.
                                Thanks in advance for clarification.
                                Dear Rahul57,
                                this is perfectly in order. This sheet needs to be carried to the interview. All the actual reports are uploaded directly on the consulate website. Congratulations to you and your fathers for clearing the medical . Best wishes for the interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X