Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All:

My dad's Indian passport is expiring in Jul 2023. His I-130 application has been approved. He has also got his PCC certificate from India recently.
    Can he still submit his documents to CEAC website for next steps. Or does he need to renew his passport first?

Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by nynjct View Post
      Hi All:

My dad's Indian passport is expiring in Jul 2023. His I-130 application has been approved. He has also got his PCC certificate from India recently.
      Can he still submit his documents to CEAC website for next steps. Or does he need to renew his passport first?

Cheers!
      Dear nynjct,
      you should not delay in the submission of the application for DS-260. The passport can be renewed once your documents are submitted. Also, once you get a new passport it would be advisable if you get a new PCC, because the PCC is linked to the passport. But all this can wait. best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear nynjct,
        you should not delay in the submission of the application for DS-260. The passport can be renewed once your documents are submitted. Also, once you get a new passport it would be advisable if you get a new PCC, because the PCC is linked to the passport. But all this can wait. best wishes.
        Thanks!

Comment

• Hi all - I am sure it has been asked before but hard to find the right answers. Preparing for my mom's interview next month in mumbai. She was born well before 1970 and does not have a birth certificate. So, we are planning to carry (also what we submitted for i130 and ds260):

1. Birth certificate non availability affidavit from her older Sister - Notarized original and copy. This was done in March 2021 when we filed the petition. Will this be valid?
          2. Aadhar card original and copy
          3. Passport original and copy

Will this be enough? Anything else needed? She was born in a place that is a bit far away so I am not sure she can travel to the village to get the non-availability certificate. A bit stressed out about this. Thanks for your continued help, much appreciated.​
          Last edited by vmsk0716; 03-23-2023, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vmsk0716 View Post
            Hi all - I am sure it has been asked before but hard to find the right answers. Preparing for my mom's interview next month in mumbai. She was born well before 1970 and does not have a birth certificate. So, we are planning to carry (also what we submitted for i130 and ds260):

1. Birth certificate non availability affidavit from her older Sister - Notarized original and copy. This was done in March 2021 when we filed the petition. Will this be valid?
            2. Aadhar card original and copy
            3. Passport original and copy

Will this be enough? Anything else needed? She was born in a place that is a bit far away so I am not sure she can travel to the village to get the non-availability certificate. A bit stressed out about this. Thanks for your continued help, much appreciated.​
            Same with my mom too. We are going with the affidavits. The consulate site mentions that it is fine (Scroll to the bottom of the page)

Comment

• Originally posted by gc_check View Post

Same with my mom too. We are going with the affidavits. The consulate site mentions that it is fine (Scroll to the bottom of the page)
              Thank you - you are absolutely right. Pasting it here for benefit of others:

Your original birth certificate and a photocopy. If you do not have a birth certificate or your birth certificate is missing your name, your date of birth, or the names of your parents, submit the following secondary evidence:
              • A notarized affidavit executed by a parent, if living, or another close relative older than you. This affidavit should clearly state the relationship between the relative and you, how well the relative knows you, the date and place of your birth, the names of both your parents, and any other related facts; OR
              • School-leaving certificate, matriculation certificate or Certificate of Recognized Board from the school you last attended; OR
              • Your baptismal certificate from a church

Comment

• Originally posted by vmsk0716 View Post

Thank you - you are absolutely right. Pasting it here for benefit of others:

Your original birth certificate and a photocopy. If you do not have a birth certificate or your birth certificate is missing your name, your date of birth, or the names of your parents, submit the following secondary evidence:
                • A notarized affidavit executed by a parent, if living, or another close relative older than you. This affidavit should clearly state the relationship between the relative and you, how well the relative knows you, the date and place of your birth, the names of both your parents, and any other related facts; OR
                • School-leaving certificate, matriculation certificate or Certificate of Recognized Board from the school you last attended; OR
                • Your baptismal certificate from a church
                Dear vmsk0716 and @gc_check,
                there is no need to worry as already concluded by you two. You have now reached the interview stage, so all the documents that you submitted either with the I-130 or with the DS-260 have been found in order. So you will need no new documents. Just carry all the originals of all the documents that may have been submitted from time to time. Make three folders, in the first one have all the documents as mentioned in the Biometric appointment letter, in the second one you can have the remaining documents and the third one for the original financial documents like tax returns etc. Best wishes.
                Last edited by AlienKanpur; 03-24-2023, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Dear vmsk0716 and @gc_check,
                  there is no need to worry as already concluded by you two. You have now reached the interview stage, so all the documents that you submitted either with the I-130 or with the DS-260 have been found in order. So you will need no new documents. Just carry all the originals of all the documents that may have been submitted from time to time. Make three folders, in the first one have all the documents as mentioned in the Biometric appointment letter, in the second one you can have the remaining documents and the third one for the original financial documents like tax returns etc. Best wishes.
                  So so helpful, as always. thanks AlienKanpur for taking the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by nynjct View Post
                    Hi All:

Cheers!
                    Dear nynjct,

If you do not mind, could you please share how long you had to wait for your dad's I130 approval after submission? My mother is waiting for long for I-130 approval, so wanted to ask. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cahaba View Post
                      Hi,
                      A quick question -- how long does it normally take nowadays to get DQed after all documents have been submitted to NVC / CEAC website?
                      Thanks!
                      someone quoted me 2 weeks... and my DQ came in 10 business days. (Mar 6: All docs uploaded. Mar 21: DQ'd)

Comment

Thanks a lot, AS45. Yes, by God’s grace, this chapter has come to a fruitful end after a long journey of almost two and a half years. Best wishes to all in waiting.
                        Dear AlienKanpur, can you please share how come your GC was mailed in 38 days whereas it took 69 days for your wife to receive GC?

Comment

• My mom's interview is in May 2023 and we had uploaded the I-864 to CEAC in July 2021. Do we need to upload a new I-864 before the interview or will the old one already uploaded to CEAC work? I am going to upload the latest IRS transcript and W2 nevertheless. Thank you for your guidance!

Comment

My mom's interview is in May 2023 and we had uploaded the I-864 to CEAC in July 2021. Do we need to upload a new I-864 before the interview or will the old one already uploaded to CEAC work? I am going to upload the latest IRS transcript and W2 nevertheless. Thank you for your guidance!
                            I read through the forum and there have been some previous responses that original I-864 is fine.

Comment

• ’s
                              Originally posted by DD299 View Post

Dear AlienKanpur, can you please share how come your GC was mailed in 38 days whereas it took 69 days for your wife to receive GC?
                              Dear DD299,
                              Every thing was identical in mine and my wife’s case. I have no inkling how my GC arrived in 38 days after entering USA. I sent some queries through the portal for my wife’s GC. There was a routine response after a month or so that it is under process. Finally it arrived. Why all this happened only the officials know. Best wishes if you are waiting for the GC to arrive. It will most certainly reach you within 90 days of entering USA.

Comment

My mom's interview is in May 2023 and we had uploaded the I-864 to CEAC in July 2021. Do we need to upload a new I-864 before the interview or will the old one already uploaded to CEAC work? I am going to upload the latest IRS transcript and W2 nevertheless. Thank you for your guidance!
                                Dear gc_check,
                                There is no need to upload a fresh I-864. One already submitted will be fine. Uploading latest tax returns is very important. Do send the soft copies to the beneficiaries. They should carry the hard copies for the interview. Best wishes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X