Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMP

1. I am not sure about you and your wife's interview being held at the same time. Earlier you could request the consulate to schedule the interview on the same day, if your interview dates were only days apart.

2. I didn't upload the new passport of my mother. We carried both the new and the old passport to the biometrics appointment, medicals and interview. At the interview as the old passport had a valid visa they took it to cancel the Visa. For biometrics and medicals they only looked at new passport.

3. Yes we need to carry copies of Tax Returns, W2 and AOS of the petitioner to the interview.

4. We submitted Tax Returns and W2 for the year 2020 at the interview. We didn't upload them.

All the best!

Comment

• Originally posted by JMS65 View Post
      VMP

1. I am not sure about you and your wife's interview being held at the same time. Earlier you could request the consulate to schedule the interview on the same day, if your interview dates were only days apart.

2. I didn't upload the new passport of my mother. We carried both the new and the old passport to the biometrics appointment, medicals and interview. At the interview as the old passport had a valid visa they took it to cancel the Visa. For biometrics and medicals they only looked at new passport.

3. Yes we need to carry copies of Tax Returns, W2 and AOS of the petitioner to the interview.

4. We submitted Tax Returns and W2 for the year 2020 at the interview. We didn't upload them.

All the best!
      Thank you JSM for your valuable inputs.AOS -Affidavit of support? W2?
      Last edited by VMP; 01-16-2022, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• VMP

AOS is Affidavit of support which they didn't ask for.
        W2 is Wage and Tax statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMS65 View Post
          VMP

AOS is Affidavit of support which they didn't ask for.
          W2 is Wage and Tax statement.
          Thank you so much JMS for your prompt responses.So nice of you to support the group.
          What does the interview letter state?Do we need to take appointments for interview as well Or
          only biometric and medical?
          Does it state docs to be carried for the interview?
          Regards

Comment

• @Heer2020 or anyone please, At the time of interview, do embassy people just do document check or you have to submit your original birth, marriage certificate etc and you do not get certificates back ?

Comment

• Originally posted by gkd View Post
              @Heer2020 or anyone please, At the time of interview, do embassy people just do document check or you have to submit your original birth, marriage certificate etc and you do not get certificates back ?
              TO, gkd :-
              Please note that ALL ORIGINALS ARE AN ABSOLUTE MUST FOR YOUR INTERVIEW. A photocopy of each of the originals is a MUST.
              The Consulate authorities do not take any originals away from you. They just check them for the correctness of the documents that you uploaded when you applied.
              If needed, they will take the photocopy of the document that they need.
              Trust this answers your question.

Comment

• To All on the Forum,
                Any latest updates regarding which DQ date is being sent an interview email for the IR5 category to the Mumbai Consulate by the NVC ?
                Your update would be deeply appreciated.
                Best wishes to All.
                With regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by VMP View Post

Thank you so much JMS for your prompt responses.So nice of you to support the group.
                  What does the interview letter state?Do we need to take appointments for interview as well Or
                  only biometric and medical?
                  Does it state docs to be carried for the interview?
                  Regards
                  The interview letter gives you your interview date and time so you are not making the appointment.
                  Based on your interview you have to make your medical and Biometric appointments.
                  The interview letter gives you the link to the site where you can make your VAC appointment.
                  The VAC appointment letter gives you the details of the documents you need to carry to the interview.

Comment

• VMP if your Parents have different DQ dates . Than don’t worry they have interview on same Day.

my Parents also have different DQ dates approximately 3 months difference but NVC sent email for Interview same time .

Comment

• Got interview email: -
                      Email received 1/17/2022 (today)
                      IV on Feb 4, 2022
                      DQ July 28, 2020.

Just 18 days to get Fingerprinting and Medicals done. I already got PCC thankfully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harinder dhindsa View Post
                        VMP if your Parents have different DQ dates . Than don’t worry they have interview on same Day.

my Parents also have different DQ dates approximately 3 months difference but NVC sent email for Interview same time .
                        Hi..Do they email you the interview letter or sent by post??

Comment

• Thank you gharya54 .Thank you @ family _gc for the update. Please early AUG people ,post you interview dates and let us help each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by family_gc View Post
                            Got interview email: -
                            IV on Feb 4, 2022
                            DQ July 28, 2020.

Just 18 days to get Fingerprinting and Medicals done. I already got PCC thankfully.
                            Congratulations. And all the best. Thank you for the update.

Comment

• Originally posted by family_gc
                              Got interview email: -
                              IV on Feb 4, 2022
                              DQ July 28, 2020.

------------------------
                              Congratulations !
                              Has anybody else got interview letter for IR-5 ?

Comment

• What original documents of the Petitioner, they want to see in the interview? Are photocopies of his passport, date of birth certificate, naturalization certificate, AOS I-864 hand-signed by him are okay ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X