Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rhsingh View Post
    Heer2020

As you said above “Interview Date -01/12/2022 (docs needed - interview letter, passport, birth cert (petitioner and applicant), marriage cert, PCC, DS260 with 2 photos)”
    As I am the Petitioner for my parents do I have to send them my original marriage certificate? Or copy will do?

Thanks in advance!!
    My parents had my original marriage certificate with them that they took, however they never checked it. If it is not with them in India, I would ask them to take the copy of your marriage cert just in case.

Comment

• HI All -

I am waiting for the passports with Visa for my parents to arrive via the courier. Does anyone know how long does it normally take? Can this be tracked? How are we contacted once the passport has arrived at the selected location?

Also, my latest tax returns and W-2 were never checked by the consular on the day of interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG2020 View Post
        What original documents of the Petitioner, they want to see in the interview? Are photocopies of his passport, date of birth certificate, naturalization certificate, AOS I-864 hand-signed by him are okay ?
        Original Birth Certification for petitioner and applicant, original marriage certificate applicant, original PCC (must be issued within a year from Interview date), Petitioner's marriage cert (copy if original not in India- I have seen consulates requesting this for some candidates) + Copies of latest tax return along with W-2s

Comment

• Originally posted by Heer2020 View Post

Original Birth Certification for petitioner and applicant, original marriage certificate applicant, original PCC (must be issued within a year from Interview date), Petitioner's marriage cert (copy if original not in India- I have seen consulates requesting this for some candidates) + Copies of latest tax return along with W-2s

Why do they want Original Birth Certificate of the Petioner ? He is already an US Citizen and hence his DOB certificate must have been verified upon Naturalisation . A photo copy of DOB of Petitioner will be sufficient or not ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Labbo View Post

Hi..Do they email you the interview letter or sent by post??
            Interview Letter sent by email.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heer2020 View Post
              HI All -

I am waiting for the passports with Visa for my parents to arrive via the courier. Does anyone know how long does it normally take? Can this be tracked? How are we contacted once the passport has arrived at the selected location?

Also, my latest tax returns and W-2 were never checked by the consular on the day of interview.
              At the interview it was said that we will receive the passports within 5 to 7 days.
              Parents interview was on the 14th of Jan.
              Some else with the same interview date and time, living in Pune received their passport on 17th.

Comment

• To,
                SG2020 :- They would want the Petetioner's ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE or A CERTIFIED COPY. His passport photocopy, you may carry the Naturalisation Certificate, but they would not ask you for it. The passport is enough. His W2 and 1040 as Affidavit of Support as far as finance is concerned. A photocopy of the Company latter that he works for describing his designation and salary including perks. Yes, with his signature OR e-signature is OK.
                With regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG2020 View Post

Why do they want Original Birth Certificate of the Petioner ? He is already an US Citizen and hence his DOB certificate must have been verified upon Naturalisation . A photo copy of DOB of Petitioner will be sufficient or not ?
                  It doesn't matter that he is a US Citizen. His original birth certificate OR a certified copy is absolutely mandatory.
                  Regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMS65 View Post

The interview letter gives you your interview date and time so you are not making the appointment.
                    Based on your interview you have to make your medical and Biometric appointments.
                    The interview letter gives you the link to the site where you can make your VAC appointment.
                    The VAC appointment letter gives you the details of the documents you need to carry to the interview.
                    Thank you JSM as always.

Comment

• Last edited by VMP; 01-18-2022, 07:19 AM. Reason: Duplicate post deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by Harinder dhindsa View Post
                        VMP if your Parents have different DQ dates . Than don’t worry they have interview on same Day.

my Parents also have different DQ dates approximately 3 months difference but NVC sent email for Interview same time .
                        Thank you Harinderji.Thats a great relief.

Comment

• Originally posted by family_gc View Post
                          Got interview email: -
                          Email received 1/17/2022 (today)
                          IV on Feb 4, 2022
                          DQ July 28, 2020.

Just 18 days to get Fingerprinting and Medicals done. I already got PCC thankfully.
                          Heartiest Congratulations. Seems like we are almost at the end of July. Hopefully people with DQ date in August and may be some in September might get calls for interview soon. I request all those with DQ dates in August and September to please post updates as and when they receive interview letters.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMS65 View Post

Interview Letter sent by email.
                            Thanks a lot

Comment

• Please remember that you need to carry US Visa size photographs for all the appointments

Comment

• Originally posted by JMS65
                                Please remember that you need to carry US Visa size photographs for all the appointments
                                ------------------------
                                Can we use the same photo which was submitted earlier to USCIS/NVC ? Or otherwise new photo is required ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X