Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aviask2 View Post

Does the Parent (IR5 Applicant) need to carry the original US naturalization certificate of the Petitioning Child?
    1.Please do not send Naturalization certificate out of America.Rather it will be violation of rules.No need to carry that to interview as well. Upload it in CEAC account, thats all.
    2.i864a as household member and all related docs and w2, IT Transcripts of both will have to be uploaded as both of you are filing IR jointly.

Comment

• Hi all Green card holder stayed out side US for 10 months will be problem?

Comment

• No, should be 1yr I think.

Comment

• It is better to avoid stay outside more than 6 months in a year. In case u hv to stay outside because of any compelling reasons, it’s better to take approval.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raj2022 View Post
            Hi all Green card holder stayed out side US for 10 months will be problem?
            It depends on how often this is happening (staying out of the US for more than 10 months & being in the US for just a couple of months), immigration officer has all the right to ask the reason of staying out of the US for a longer duration. From what I have heard in most cases, immigration officers don't question much to elderly people but it may not be entirely true. It's better to avoid this unless you have a valid reason to stay out of the US for a longer duration. Even a person can stay out of the US for more than a year after taking a valid reentry permit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ggg1234 View Post
              Hi,

I applied for IR5 of my parents. My parents went through the medical examination, my father was cleared but my mother had to go through the sputum test. My dad went to the interview and got the visa. Interview date was Nov 20, 2022. Medical Examination was on Nov 8, 2022. My mother called Max medical center Mohali to inquire about the results of her Sputum test since its been 2 months now. They said they will let her know tomorrow. I was looking to schedule her visa interview. I created another profile in CGI website for her since she is the only one for interview this time. When I entered her information and tried to save, it showed me error that the profile data already exist tied to my fathers profile from where I booked their OFC and Visa interview. My question is from which account should I book her OFC and visa interview, If I book from my fathers profile then my mother is listed as dependent and it does not let me book just for my mother. If I try to create another profile it shows me error, it asks me to transfer information which I know takes some days, Last time it happened to my fathers profile and I got late booking their appointment.
              So I have 2 options
              1. Book appointment from my fathers profile, it will be booked for both parents, my father and mother. My father already got the visa.
              2. Create new profile for my mother and transfer the information, which might take few days
              I am considering number 1, given that it would not cause any issues to my fathers visa.

If anyone can help in this matter that would be great! Thank you in advance.
              Hello ggg1234,

I'm in the same boat. How did you manage to get appointment when the dependent parent went for sputum test.

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Aanedo View Post
                Dear collective braintrust,

Both my parents received their interview letters earlier this year. Subsequently they went for medical and biometrics. My mother progressed to interview but my father had to go through sputum test results. Now my father's sputum test results are back and he has run into challenges setting up a biometrics and interview appointment. For scheduling purposes the profile was created under my mother's details and my father was the dependent. However presumably since my mother has gone through the process, the site is not letting my father set up his appointments.

When he called the call center, se was informed to set up a separate profile with a separate email at ustraveldocs.com. He has done that and got this error. Any insight?

Since my father's sputum test results are valid only for 3 months, there is some anxiety in progressing to interview and taking next steps in very short amount of time.
                Aanedo Were you able to figure out, how to take appointment in case like yours?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X