Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur
    Dear Varaprasad1959, I created a new ID and everything went smoothly. This was possible, I think, because our passport numbers in the DS-160 application was different. In your case your existing ID should work. Initially the page which opens is for DS-160, but the moment you choose the Immigrant category, it will guide you through. Once you have entered the CASE NO and the DS confirmation number you will be asked to add a family member, Also remember to choose All Immigrants or Diversity Visa. This then takes you to a page where you select your VISA category as IR-5 and then on to the VFS page. Best wishes.
    Do you have same case number for both your parents?

Hi AlienKanpur
    The case numbers are different. I have now successfully created a seperate account for my wife delinking it from my account. Now i am in a position to schedule the interviews but individually and not together. Do you see any issue in scheduling the interviews seperately but will select the same slot?
    Last edited by ceci1073; 05-06-2022, 09:48 AM. Reason: link

Comment

• Has anybody has problem scheduling biometric appointment. When i try to login into account to make appointment it redirect me into philippines website

Comment

• Hi everyone, I am not sure how to reply to someone but I wanted to thank AlienKanpur for clearing up my questions.
        I just wanted to ask, what if a document required in its orginial form is lost, is there are way to present the copies of the documents?
        Also when says, original interview letter, does that mean the document I received via email or the hard copy that will come through the mail?
        Last edited by abhishekhawat; 05-06-2022, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by khushpatel_2 View Post

I and my wife are the beneficiaries. Our attorney had filed two separate petitions. So we have separate case numbers and separate DS 260, confirmation number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Varaprasad1959 View Post
            Originally posted by AlienKanpur
            Dear Varaprasad1959, I created a new ID and everything went smoothly. This was possible, I think, because our passport numbers in the DS-160 application was different. In your case your existing ID should work. Initially the page which opens is for DS-160, but the moment you choose the Immigrant category, it will guide you through. Once you have entered the CASE NO and the DS confirmation number you will be asked to add a family member, Also remember to choose All Immigrants or Diversity Visa. This then takes you to a page where you select your VISA category as IR-5 and then on to the VFS page. Best wishes.

Hi AlienKanpur
            The case numbers are different. I have now successfully created a seperate account for my wife delinking it from my account. Now i am in a position to schedule the interviews but individually and not together. Do you see any issue in scheduling the interviews seperately but will select the same slot?
            Dear Varaprasad1959, I don’t think that there will be any issues. Mine and my wife also have different case numbers but I was able to add my wife.
            You can have the same slot for the biometrics. I am sure their interview slots at Mumbai would be same.
            Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by abhishekhawat View Post
              Hi everyone, I am not sure how to reply to someone but I wanted to thank AlienKanpur for clearing up my questions.
              I just wanted to ask, what if a document required in its orginial form is lost, is there are way to present the copies of the documents?
              Also when says, original interview letter, does that mean the document I received via email or the hard copy that will come through the mail?
              Dear abhishekhawat, Thanks. If a original document is lost, then you will have to get a new original. Copies will not help. The officer at the consulate will verify the copies submitted in the petition, with the original.
              The original interview letter is the email received by you. No hard copies will be sent.

Comment

So, when you apply for tourist visa, you just have one account for both parents however it has one of your parent as the primary account holder. For me it was my father. So , I was able to book my father's appointment. For IR5 , we cannot add dependent so only one person appointment. Then I created a new account for my mother. Then the issue that the profile existed previously. So, I merged them. Then was asked to upload mother's passport. Within a day, they approve new account and was able to book the appointment for my mother. So, two accounts for two appointments for both parents.
                I was able to do both parents under the same profile. You do have option to add dependent or secondary person when you schedule your biometric at VFC

Comment

• Originally posted by ramanans_27 View Post

I was able to do both parents under the same profile. You do have option to add dependent or secondary person when you schedule your biometric at VFC
                  Thats good to know. So, one should try this aproach first and if not working book seperately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandeepfrzp View Post
                    Has anybody has problem scheduling biometric appointment. When i try to login into account to make appointment it redirect me into philippines website

choose your location (country)
                    Last edited by ceci1073; 05-06-2022, 01:26 PM. Reason: link

Comment

• Does anyone know if birth certificates of all the children of beneficiary are required at the interview?

Also, my mother has her vaccine records, covids and other vaccines, but the problem is that the document is not readable anymore because of a pen that leaked inside her box where she kept the records. Would she need to get those vaccines again before the medical or can the medical examiner give her the required vaccines with the fresh record.
                      Last edited by abhishekhawat; 05-06-2022, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Dear Forum member, I really appreciate all the members for sharing their experience, this group is the best. Congratulations to all who got IL.
                        My Interview is 24th June in Mumbai, Biometric is 22nd June (Mumbai) and called ReleClinic (Mumbai) yet to confirm my 20th medical appointment. I am waiting for a phone call from them at this point.
                        1) Is this enough time gap between the three appointments?
                        2) is Interview location and Biometric location the same ? I don't see any address in my IL email.
                        3) What happens in Biometric appointment ? Will they keep our Passport that time? While booking VAC i have requested a passport pick up location in Kolkata, so i am thinking maybe they will keep the passport.
                        4) what happens after the interview? is this the time they will keep our passport ? and then send it to Kolkata since I have requested a pickup location there? Can we leave Mumbai on the same day?
                        5) Since all my appointments are in Mumbai, any hotel recommendations?

Comment

For those who already interviewed, do we get the interview in our local language we selected while taking appointment for biometrics?
                          While booking VAC appointment they asked preferrable language, during IV interview not sure weather there will be interpreter for someone who needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forparents96 View Post
                            Dear Forum member, I really appreciate all the members for sharing their experience, this group is the best. Congratulations to all who got IL.
                            My Interview is 24th June in Mumbai, Biometric is 22nd June (Mumbai) and called ReleClinic (Mumbai) yet to confirm my 20th medical appointment. I am waiting for a phone call from them at this point.
                            2) is Interview location and Biometric location the same ? I don't see any address in my IL email.
                            3) What happens in Biometric appointment ? Will they keep our Passport that time? While booking VAC i have requested a passport pick up location in Kolkata, so i am thinking maybe they will keep the passport.
                            4) what happens after the interview? is this the time they will keep our passport ? and then send it to Kolkata since I have requested a pickup location there? Can we leave Mumbai on the same day?
                            Dear Forparents96,
                            Where are your parents residing at this time?
                            1.They have visa interview on 24th June which means plenty of time. Get the medicals done at the earliest so that they will have enough time for follow up investigations in case some abnormality or further testing is required. I have my Medicals on 13th May and Visa interview on 21st June.
                            2. Geographically the location is same but VAC and Consulate are about a mile apart.
                            3. When you enter VAC you have to follow stringent safety and security norms.Actual Biometrics (face and finger imaging) will be over in 15 minutes. They will check your documents and Passport and will return it back. They will put a stamp on one paper of your Biometrics appointment which you have to preserve carefully and show it to the officer at visa interview.
                            4. If they pass the visa interview, the officer will keep the passport and give a paper document with further instructions for green card printing fee etc.
                            The Passport will be delivered as per your chosen option.
                            Last edited by GeoMac; 05-07-2022, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forparents96 View Post
                              Dear Forum member, I really appreciate all the members for sharing their experience, this group is the best. Congratulations to all who got IL.
                              Dear Forparents96, GeoMac has very clearly addressed your queries. Scheduling of the medical barely 4 days before the interview is a little tight. I read somewhere that you must do the medical atleast six days before the interview. In your case since everything is in Mumbai, maybe it is just OK.
                              Hotel TRIDENT in the Bandra Kurla area is about 800 meters from the consulate. Moreover they cater to the clients who come for this purpose and I understand they provide their own cars to commute to the consulate. They even pick you up after the interview. This service is gratis.
                              BEST WISHES

Comment

• I am quoting from the travel doc website: U.S. Consulate General Mumbai, India - BMB (state.gov)

The physician may need four to seven days to prepare the results of your medical examination. Collect the report from the panel physician and bring it to the Consulate on the day of your visa interview.

Now that you are intending to apply for an Immigrant/K visa, the U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai has authorized the physicians listed below to administer your medical examination. Please make your examination arrangements with any panel physician site on the list at least seven days before your immigrant visa appointment.

This is for the benefit of all the petitioners and beneficiaries,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X