Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aviask2 View Post

Dear AlienKanpur and Sapnaanagol,

For PCC, after attending the appointment at regional Passport Office, do we have to do anything? For example, does the local police station contact the applicant to visit there with id/residency documents ? Or, do they visit the applicant's residence to verify everything? I was reading in Google about some people posting their PCC application being stuck in the Official process for long, so felt worried as my mother will have to go through this process next year. If you share your personal experience (and how long it took), that will be of great help. I am hoping the procedure and timeframe are uniform across the Country, but that may not be correct. Thanks.
    Dear Aviask2,
    The procedures and time frames for the PCC across the country are same. After the interview, the passport officer orders a police verification. Within 24 hours the application is transferred to the concerned police station. In another 48 hours someone from the police station will call for a personal visit. They verify the proof of address and Identity. Can ask for photos.
    Within a week to ten days the report goes back to the Regional Passport Office. In another week you get a SMS that the document is being printed and then another SMS tells you about the dispatch and tracking number. In case nothing happens in 21 days then there is a need to worry.
    Opt for the SMS service so that you get updates at each step.
    This is a very routine process. Best wishes

Comment

Dear AlienKanpur and Sapnaanagol,

For PCC, after attending the appointment at regional Passport Office, do we have to do anything? For example, does the local police station contact the applicant to visit there with id/residency documents ? Or, do they visit the applicant's residence to verify everything? I was reading in Google about some people posting their PCC application being stuck in the Official process for long, so felt worried as my mother will have to go through this process next year. If you share your personal experience (and how long it took), that will be of great help. I am hoping the procedure and timeframe are uniform across the Country, but that may not be correct. Thanks.
      Dear aviask,the PCC does not take too long.maximum may be 1 month.Let your mom go the passport & do the needful steps.The rest will be taken care by the passport office & police station.

Comment

• Hello,
        My mother had her interview today, Sept 27th. They refused the visa with 221g additional medical information required. On checking with Max hospital where we got the medical check done, it seems that they want psychiatric consultation. Does anyone have gone through this? If so, what the outcome was? We are from varanasi so we will have to travel to delhi again + if they want her to meet another doctor, we might need to stay in Delhi for extended period. Any thing I can get from the doctor she sees regularly which might help? Also, I am assuming, I need to take all the docs I carried for the original appointment again.

Thanks in advance,

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post

Thank you, Mam. And wish you all the happiness after clearing many stumbling blocks. You along with others have been rock solid guiding force to the forum.
          Thank you! God bless you!

Comment

Hi AS45,

Congratulations and many thanks for your detailed post. Immensely helpful for future applicants like my mother. I have one question. In DS 260 form, applicant has to mention about previous US travel. In that case, if the applicant travels to US for a few months AFTER getting DQ'ed and returns before the Interview, is there any need to update that information in DS 260 to include the recentmost travel? (I have read that, after one submits DS 260, updatng is possible only by requesting NVC to re-open it. I may be wrong). Your experience on this will be of great help.
            Dear Aviask2
            As already replied by AlienKanpur, there is no need to try to update any information after DQ. As he correctly pointed out, it may not be even possible. When we file documents at NVC, they contain information as on filing date and we get DQed based on those information. We only require those documents in original while attending interview. Latest tax return, W2 help to show continuation of financial capacity hence advisable to keep while at interview. I travelled to USA twice after DQ and returned just to attend interview. I observed that the officers and interpreters are quite polite and try to comfort the applicant. My interview took 5 minutes but I saw at another counter, the interpreter was explaining the issue to the lady for about 15 minutes without raising her voice. Original birth proof and PCC are most important. Please verify the similarity in name in all the documents and get additional proof if any variation in name. Best wishes.

Comment

• Dear All,

Our interview was yesterday i.e. 26 September at 9 am and today morning, I got the SMS and mail that our passports were ready for pick up. It seems US consulate is processing quite speedily.

Comment

• Hi my parents interview happened today. The interview went smoothly, and the visa officer asked some questions about petitioner and household sponsor. They said that my mothers visa is approved, but my dad has some administrative processing on their side. They gave my mom the choice to either take visa with my dad or right away. She chose to take with my dad.

The visa officer canceled their tourist visa without prejudice. They also confirmed to my father that there is no financial issue since he offered me as sponsor too. The visa office mentioned that there is some administrative delay for my dads application.

The confusing part is that they returned passports and did not give any other instructions. Is this normal?

Comment

• Originally posted by tsar2 View Post
                  Hi my parents interview happened today. The interview went smoothly, and the visa officer asked some questions about petitioner and household sponsor. They said that my mothers visa is approved, but my dad has some administrative processing on their side. They gave my mom the choice to either take visa with my dad or right away. She chose to take with my dad.

The visa officer canceled their tourist visa without prejudice. They also confirmed to my father that there is no financial issue since he offered me as sponsor too. The visa office mentioned that there is some administrative delay for my dads application.

The confusing part is that they returned passports and did not give any other instructions. Is this normal?
                  Did your dad have Sputum testing?
                  Your mom should have taken it, at least she would have got her visa faster

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	6E903D37-AE37-4C8A-A49D-0C62A34AAD16.jpg
Views:	1006
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	789251
                    For my mom

Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post

Did your dad have Sputum testing?
                    Your mom should have taken it, at least she would have got her visa faster
                    No sputum testing. He was medically cleared

My mom has a 221g. But all it says is to upload passport and drop off at nearest VAC. This seems like a technical way to hold her application. Even though she said she would take with my father, do you think we can go ahead with the steps, upload and drop off the passport at the VAC. I agree she should have said there itself, but we cant change that.

For my dad it simply says administrative processing and requires nothing from his end to do, simply that they will contact when administrative processing is complete. I suspect its just going to take a little more time because of his application not having my sisters tac returns at the time she filed for my father. So maybe it will take a little more processing. But ideally we dont want to delay for my mother.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by tsar2; 09-27-2022, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• AlienKanpur and Sapnaanagol:
                      Thank you so much for your responses re the PCC query I had.
                      Best Regards!

Comment

Dear Aviask2
                        As already replied by AlienKanpur, there is no need to try to update any information after DQ. As he correctly pointed out, it may not be even possible. When we file documents at NVC, they contain information as on filing date and we get DQed based on those information. We only require those documents in original while attending interview. Latest tax return, W2 help to show continuation of financial capacity hence advisable to keep while at interview. I travelled to USA twice after DQ and returned just to attend interview. I observed that the officers and interpreters are quite polite and try to comfort the applicant. My interview took 5 minutes but I saw at another counter, the interpreter was explaining the issue to the lady for about 15 minutes without raising her voice. Original birth proof and PCC are most important. Please verify the similarity in name in all the documents and get additional proof if any variation in name. Best wishes.

Dear AS45, Sapnaanagol and AlienKanpur, Thank You so much for sharing your experience. It helps a lot. Best wishes.

Comment

Dear All,

Our interview was yesterday i.e. 26 September at 9 am and today morning, I got the SMS and mail that our passports were ready for pick up. It seems US consulate is processing quite speedily.
                          Dear AS45,
                          Heartiest Congratulations. This is simply amazing. Are you stationed at Mumbai and did you opt for pick up from the Consulate. Just being curious. best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post

Dear aviask,the PCC does not take too long.maximum may be 1 month.Let your mom go the passport & do the needful steps.The rest will be taken care by the passport office & police station.
                            Dear Aviask2,
                            One addition to the above. As a matter of fact, the Police dept. does not expect or does not call the Senior Citizens to their office personally but the concern staff of the dept. calls on phone and informs in advance and makes a visit and does verification. Better is to go to the Police Station with your house papers or Ele Bill and Aadhar Card and a PP photo. Also one witness. After verification the report will go to the city / district head quarter of the police and they will forward it to the RPO. RPO issues PCC which is the only valid PCC for USA visa.

Comment

• Originally posted by maneeshsah View Post
                              Hello,
                              My mother had her interview today, Sept 27th. They refused the visa with 221g additional medical information required. On checking with Max hospital where we got the medical check done, it seems that they want psychiatric consultation. Does anyone have gone through this? If so, what the outcome was? We are from varanasi so we will have to travel to delhi again + if they want her to meet another doctor, we might need to stay in Delhi for extended period. Any thing I can get from the doctor she sees regularly which might help? Also, I am assuming, I need to take all the docs I carried for the original appointment again.

Thanks in advance,
                              If anyone has insights, please share about 221g process for situations like above if anyone knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear AS45,
                                Heartiest Congratulations. This is simply amazing. Are you stationed at Mumbai and did you opt for pick up from the Consulate. Just being curious. best wishes.
                                Yes sir, we are based at Mumbai and not very far from US Consulate. We had opted for Pick Up which is from VAC office, few buildings away from US Consulate. Thanks again for the wishes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X