Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tooolong View Post

Thanks AlienKanpur.
    I used CGIFederal website and also found that one can send an email to [email protected] with just passport number writte in subject line and/or email body and you instantly get a reply with passport status.

She is planning to pick up the passport today from Delhi VAC.
    Heartiest Congratulations tooolong. All done and now plan the travel back to USA. Best wishes.

Comment

• Thanks a lot to this wonderful forum that keeps resolving problems. Solutions are given to the dot. Am waiting for my IL letter, with DQ Dec 2021. Hope things straighten up as it were and the consulate starts issuing IL for this month.

Comment

• My parents had their interview today and got their visa approved. Their interview time was 7:15am and they were done by 9:15. They opted for Hindi translator. The interviewer asked the questions listed in this form - Petitioner information, how many kids, have you stayed in the US more than 6 months etc.

In terms of documents, I did not send my birth certificate, affidavit of support and financial docs. I had uploaded the latest IRS transcript and W2 on CEAC website as our IL came almost a year after DQ. I made this decision based on what I read in this forum (all cases of refusals are due to someone not uploading latest w2 or IRS transcript) and instructions in VAC appointment that clearly state not to bring financial docs if already submitted.

My parents did take all their original docs like matriculation certificates, birth affidavits, marriage certificate, PCC. Nobody asked them to see my financial documents as I expected it.

Thanks to this forum for guiding us! So far our case has been pretty straightforward. Now we wait for their passport with visa stamped returned soon.

Comment

• hi all...this is a great forum...i have been able to track the IR5 IL progress until aug31st...for some reason folks in oct'21 to dec'21 didn't get the ILs and IL's were issued for 2022 in IR5 category...we need to raise the concern and notify the NVC about this....i sent queries via ASKnvc & emails to US Consulate mumbai. This is a wider problem for folks who are DQed during OCT to DEC 2021. So please do your part to notify the same. This need tobe addressed by NVC asap.

Comment

• Originally posted by djx98 View Post
            My parents had their interview today and got their visa approved. Their interview time was 7:15am and they were done by 9:15. They opted for Hindi translator. The interviewer asked the questions listed in this form - Petitioner information, how many kids, have you stayed in the US more than 6 months etc.

In terms of documents, I did not send my birth certificate, affidavit of support and financial docs. I had uploaded the latest IRS transcript and W2 on CEAC website as our IL came almost a year after DQ. I made this decision based on what I read in this forum (all cases of refusals are due to someone not uploading latest w2 or IRS transcript) and instructions in VAC appointment that clearly state not to bring financial docs if already submitted.

My parents did take all their original docs like matriculation certificates, birth affidavits, marriage certificate, PCC. Nobody asked them to see my financial documents as I expected it.

Thanks to this forum for guiding us! So far our case has been pretty straightforward. Now we wait for their passport with visa stamped returned soon.
            Congratulations for the smooth sail for your parents towards visa approval.

Comment

• Dear All
              We had landed from USA on 14 September at Mumbai, preponing our visit, to attend interview on 26 September. After completing Medical, VAC and interview, picked up the passports, duly immigrant visa stamped, on 27 September. Now leaving for USA on 5 October. Here we again thank all senior members of the forum especially AlienKanpur, GeoMac, sapnaanagol and many others without whose continuous information, advice and suggestions, this journey would not have been this smooth. They are always available rockstars of the forum.
              We had taken tax returns of all years, birth certificate of petitioner, pictures at the interview. We had only uploaded 2019 tax return, W2 and never uploaded recent ones. But nothing was asked. My observation is as under.
              1. Original birth proof(also supplimentary proof if name changed), PCC for female and additionally marriage certificate for male.
              2. All personal questions about petitioner to establish genuinity of relation as parent.
              3. Maximum stay at US visit. The consulate definitely have all the details at hand by way I 94 US records. But they want you tell the truth.
              4. It seems they have access to current income of petitioner from the IRS data and hence do not ask for tax copies, even latest ones from us at interview.
              My above comment is to help reduce the anxiety level of petitioner as well as parents in case some of the said documents are not available at interview time or not uploaded after DQ. It is definitely advisable to upload and keep all papers.

Comment

My parents had their interview today and got their visa approved. Their interview time was 7:15am and they were done by 9:15. They opted for Hindi translator. The interviewer asked the questions listed in this form - Petitioner information, how many kids, have you stayed in the US more than 6 months etc.

Heartiest Congratulations on the successful adjudication of your immigration petition. Hopefully the passport will reach within a weeks time. Best wishes for the travel to USA.

Comment

• Hello,
                  My mother visa interview requested additional medical information. I got the medical check-ups done and they said that they will send the report to the consulate in the next 2 days. 221g consulate issued at the time of interview said that I should drop off the passport at the drop off location. My question is how does one track status of the visa after this step? When you go for in person interview, you know the outcome then and there. Is there a website which allows such tracking? CEAC site where I uploaded all the documents doesn't show that my mother's visa in 221g yet. Please share insights.

Thank you.

Comment

Did you upload latest IRS transcript and W2 after receiving IL or before?

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post
                      Dear All
                      We had landed from USA on 14 September at Mumbai, preponing our visit, to attend interview on 26 September. After completing Medical, VAC and interview, picked up the passports, duly immigrant visa stamped, on 27 September. Now leaving for USA on 5 October. Here we again thank all senior members of the forum especially AlienKanpur, GeoMac, sapnaanagol and many others without whose continuous information, advice and suggestions, this journey would not have been this smooth. They are always available rockstars of the forum.
                      We had taken tax returns of all years, birth certificate of petitioner, pictures at the interview. We had only uploaded 2019 tax return, W2 and never uploaded recent ones. But nothing was asked. My observation is as under.
                      1. Original birth proof(also supplimentary proof if name changed), PCC for female and additionally marriage certificate for male.
                      2. All personal questions about petitioner to establish genuinity of relation as parent.
                      3. Maximum stay at US visit. The consulate definitely have all the details at hand by way I 94 US records. But they want you tell the truth.
                      4. It seems they have access to current income of petitioner from the IRS data and hence do not ask for tax copies, even latest ones from us at interview.
                      My above comment is to help reduce the anxiety level of petitioner as well as parents in case some of the said documents are not available at interview time or not uploaded after DQ. It is definitely advisable to upload and keep all papers.
                      Good Samaritan. All such inputs do help the forum members in waiting. Everything seems to have gone on like a well oiled machine. Let God Grace continue to be upon you all. Thanks for calling us “rock stars”. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanaya View Post

Did you upload latest IRS transcript and W2 after receiving IL or before?
                        After receiving IL. Until I received IL I had no idea how long IL will take. I discovered this forum only after IL and learned about uploading these.

Comment

After receiving IL. Until I received IL I had no idea how long IL will take. I discovered this forum only after IL and learned about uploading these.
                          Thank you for your quick response.

Comment

• Originally posted by usa5678 View Post
                            hi all...this is a great forum...i have been able to track the IR5 IL progress until aug31st...for some reason folks in oct'21 to dec'21 didn't get the ILs and IL's were issued for 2022 in IR5 category...we need to raise the concern and notify the NVC about this....i sent queries via ASKnvc & emails to US Consulate mumbai. This is a wider problem for folks who are DQed during OCT to DEC 2021. So please do your part to notify the same. This need tobe addressed by NVC asap.
                            Completely agree with you.
                            My parents DQ is January 2022 and I see April 2022 people received IL which is very disappointing.
                            Hope tomorrow they issue new IL for November since its will be month since August 30 when they issued last IL.

Comment

• Originally posted by maneeshsah View Post
                              Hello,
                              My mother visa interview requested additional medical information. I got the medical check-ups done and they said that they will send the report to the consulate in the next 2 days. 221g consulate issued at the time of interview said that I should drop off the passport at the drop off location. My question is how does one track status of the visa after this step? When you go for in person interview, you know the outcome then and there. Is there a website which allows such tracking? CEAC site where I uploaded all the documents doesn't show that my mother's visa in 221g yet. Please share insights.

Thank you.
                              The only site i know to check the status of your case is : https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTrack...us.aspx?App=IV

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post

Congratulations for the smooth sail for your parents towards visa approval.
                                sapnaanagol - Would you be kind enough and pen down your experience at the port of entry in US. This would help me to prepare my mom when she arrives. She like you had to go through sputum test, hence requesting you personally.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X