Clear All

• Originally posted by whitewizard View Post
    Category: EB-1
    DQ Date: March 30, 2023
    Interview Letter Date: August 02, 2023
    Interview Date: September 20, 2023
    Consulate: Mumbai
    Congrats! Good luck for interview.

but I thought EB1 was retrogressed to 2011. What is "Chargeability in ROW" you had mentioned?

BTW do they email IL? or post?

Comment

• Originally posted by mechy View Post

Congrats! Good luck for interview.

but I thought EB1 was retrogressed to 2011. What is "Chargeability in ROW" you had mentioned?

BTW do they email IL? or post?
      I was not born in India. ROW stands for Rest of the World. Chargeablity for immigrant visas means the country to which your visa number is charged for numerically limited categories. Interview letter is sent by email.

Comment

Jan 20, 2023. Chargeability is ROW.
        Good luck with your interview.

Comment

• Hi, does anyone know what DQ dates is NVC currently scheduling interviews for in Mumbai consulate ?. I am a EB1 with DQ date of April 2021. Is anyone in same boat?

Best Wishes for your interview. Please share your experience after the Interview.

Comment

Category: EB-1
            DQ Date: March 30, 2023
            Interview Letter Date: August 02, 2023
            Interview Date: September 20, 2023
            Consulate: Mumbai
            How was interview. hope all went ok. Please share your experience. much appreciate it

Comment

How was interview. hope all went ok. Please share your experience. much appreciate it
              Visa issued! Also received the passport and visa packet. And paid the USCIS immigrant fee. First interview was to check civil documents. They just confirmed the information they had. The actual visa interview was short. "What are your educational qualifications?" "What are all the countries you have lived in?" What are your plans after you land in the US?" "Do you have any documents about the speeding ticket that was disclosed on the DS-260?" "Your visa is approved."

The consular officer accidentally returned my passport back to me, but then I alerted him and he wanted it back. The CEAC status changed to "Administrative Processing" for two hours. Then it changed to "Issued". Next day, I received notification that the passport was ready for pickup.

As others have stated, the interview is not adversarial. While the Department of State is charged with checking labor certification related matters, EB-1 lacks labor certification. So they are not supposed to readjudicate the petition, other than check for any evidence of misrepresentation or fraud. I do not have a job offer in the US. I said that once I land in the US, I will begin to apply and contact my network. That was accepted without comment.

Comment

Visa issued! Also received the passport and visa packet. And paid the USCIS immigrant fee. First interview was to check civil documents. They just confirmed the information they had. The actual visa interview was short. "What are your educational qualifications?" "What are all the countries you have lived in?" What are your plans after you land in the US?" "Do you have any documents about the speeding ticket that was disclosed on the DS-260?" "Your visa is approved."

The consular officer accidentally returned my passport back to me, but then I alerted him and he wanted it back. The CEAC status changed to "Administrative Processing" for two hours. Then it changed to "Issued". Next day, I received notification that the passport was ready for pickup.

As others have stated, the interview is not adversarial. While the Department of State is charged with checking labor certification related matters, EB-1 lacks labor certification. So they are not supposed to readjudicate the petition, other than check for any evidence of misrepresentation or fraud. I do not have a job offer in the US. I said that once I land in the US, I will begin to apply and contact my network. That was accepted without comment.
                Congratulations!!

Comment

congrats. thanks for sharing. Few questions if you dont mind

1. do you have to go earlier than appointment time? How early?
                  2. What documents you had to take?
                  3. What is visa type stamped - E11?
                  4. do they give you any sealed envelopes - the medical one I keep reading in many forums that we have to take to port of entry
                  5. Did you have dependents - can they attend biometrics and medical on seperate day than you?

Thanks for any info shared. appreciate it!

Comment

• Hi, i didn't took covid vaccination, will that be an problem for my IV under EB1

Comment

congrats. thanks for sharing. Few questions if you dont mind

1. do you have to go earlier than appointment time? How early

2. What documents you had to take?
                      3. What is visa type stamped - E11?
                      4. do they give you any sealed envelopes - the medical one I keep reading in many forums that we have to take to port of entry
                      5. Did you have dependents - can they attend biometrics and medical on seperate day than you?

Thanks for any info shared. appreciate it!
                      1. Yes, you can go early. 6:45 AM.
                      2. All civil documents. All documents connected with previous immigration status in the US. All documents related to anything disclosed on DS-260 (speeding ticket, etc)
                      3. E11
                      4. Sealed envelope. And the actual petition. CBP was interested in the sealed envelope. CBP was not interested in the bulky petition with exhibits.
                      5. No dependents.

Entry was extremely smooth at SFO. I was out within 30 minutes of landing including immigration and baggage. CBP asked if there was an updated address. Asked for sealed envelope. Stamped the immigrant visa and also stamped passport page and wrote E11. The second stamp was extra and is not always done. It has been ten days since arrival. Still waiting for social security card, green card, etc. Sorry for the delay in responding. Things have been hectic.

Comment

1. Yes, you can go early. 6:45 AM.
                        2. All civil documents. All documents connected with previous immigration status in the US. All documents related to anything disclosed on DS-260 (speeding ticket, etc)
                        3. E11
                        4. Sealed envelope. And the actual petition. CBP was interested in the sealed envelope. CBP was not interested in the bulky petition with exhibits.
                        5. No dependents.

Entry was extremely smooth at SFO. I was out within 30 minutes of landing including immigration and baggage. CBP asked if there was an updated address. Asked for sealed envelope. Stamped the immigrant visa and also stamped passport page and wrote E11. The second stamp was extra and is not always done. It has been ten days since arrival. Still waiting for social security card, green card, etc. Sorry for the delay in responding. Things have been hectic.
                        Thanks for very useful replies as always!!

Did you get your GC yet?

Comment

Thanks for very useful replies as always!!

Did you get your GC yet?
                          Some updates:

1. Entered on Oct 11, as I mentioned.
                          2. Visited Social Security Administration office on Oct 25. CBP/USCIS had not forwarded my DS-260 request (Enrollment at Arrival). Accepted my application and received my unrestricted Social Security Card on Oct 30. The employee who enumerated me originally way back in 2007 made an error in my country of birth. Use this opportunity to review all the information the SSA has from previous applications.
                          3. USCIS case status for my USCIS immigrant fee (also called OS155A) was updated on Oct 29 to show that they approved my Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration and ordered my card to be produced. I should receive my physical green card in the next week or two. I did verify with a live agent using Emma that they used the address I provided to CBP rather than the old on used on DS-260. Honestly, it is not worth the stress of changing my address, since the old one would have worked fine too.
                          4. State DMV employees do not always know how to use the USCIS SAVE system properly. Until you get the physical green card, they have to use the immigrant visa option in the SAVE system so that you can get verified and obtain a State ID/drivers license. I had to visit PennDoT thrice to obtain my license. Even then, they have only issued a non-Real ID drivers license for 1 year. I will get the 4 year Real ID drivers license after I get my green card. Lesson: Read up, be patient, and be persistent.
                          5. I was able to use the State health exchange (Pennie) to obtain health insurance while I am still searching for employment.

Comment

Some updates:

1. Entered on Oct 11, as I mentioned.
                            2. Visited Social Security Administration office on Oct 25. CBP/USCIS had not forwarded my DS-260 request (Enrollment at Arrival). Accepted my application and received my unrestricted Social Security Card on Oct 30. The employee who enumerated me originally way back in 2007 made an error in my country of birth. Use this opportunity to review all the information the SSA has from previous applications.
                            3. USCIS case status for my USCIS immigrant fee (also called OS155A) was updated on Oct 29 to show that they approved my Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration and ordered my card to be produced. I should receive my physical green card in the next week or two. I did verify with a live agent using Emma that they used the address I provided to CBP rather than the old on used on DS-260. Honestly, it is not worth the stress of changing my address, since the old one would have worked fine too.
                            4. State DMV employees do not always know how to use the USCIS SAVE system properly. Until you get the physical green card, they have to use the immigrant visa option in the SAVE system so that you can get verified and obtain a State ID/drivers license. I had to visit PennDoT thrice to obtain my license. Even then, they have only issued a non-Real ID drivers license for 1 year. I will get the 4 year Real ID drivers license after I get my green card. Lesson: Read up, be patient, and be persistent.
                            5. I was able to use the State health exchange (Pennie) to obtain health insurance while I am still searching for employment.
                            Thanks much for details and much appreciate the details!

Looks like even with old SSN its taking similar time of 3 weeks to get SSN card. Most folks seems to have some issue with SSN issuance. Wonder if we can visit SSN office immediately day after arrival. Anyways, hope your GC arrives soon.

BTW for license, did you have to take retest or were able to renew old one from past?

Comment

Thanks much for details and much appreciate the details!

Looks like even with old SSN its taking similar time of 3 weeks to get SSN card. Most folks seems to have some issue with SSN issuance. Wonder if we can visit SSN office immediately day after arrival. Anyways, hope your GC arrives soon.

BTW for license, did you have to take retest or were able to renew old one from past?
                              I was told by the SSN employee that for NEW enumerations (people who have not been issued a number before), the employees have been asked to refrain from accepting an application for upto six weeks because there is a fear of duplicate numbers being issued to the new arrival. While no such fears apply for people trying to obtain unrestricted cards with an existing record, SSA does use SAVE even for social security card applications and it might be prudent to wait for about ten days just to ensure that the system is properly updated. Also, if the SSA employee says that you need to wait for your physical green card, they are wrong and you can apply with another employee or another office.

Driver's license policies vary from state to state. Pennsylvania allows the renewal of licenses expired up to two years prior without any testing whatsoever.

Comment

I was told by the SSN employee that for NEW enumerations (people who have not been issued a number before), the employees have been asked to refrain from accepting an application for upto six weeks because there is a fear of duplicate numbers being issued to the new arrival. While no such fears apply for people trying to obtain unrestricted cards with an existing record, SSA does use SAVE even for social security card applications and it might be prudent to wait for about ten days just to ensure that the system is properly updated. Also, if the SSA employee says that you need to wait for your physical green card, they are wrong and you can apply with another employee or another office.

Driver's license policies vary from state to state. Pennsylvania allows the renewal of licenses expired up to two years prior without any testing whatsoever.

thanks again for the info. did you get your SSN or GC yet?

Few questions regarding interview

did you have to take any docs related to original submission for Labor i.e.reference letters, evidences etc that were submitted at first. Or just civil documents submitted to NVC is sufficient?

are any evidence related to details mentioned in DS-260 required?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X