No announcement yet.

Renunciation Procedure using VFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kiranboda Thanks for sharing that info. I am in the same boat as many of you. I am wondering if I should just wait for the "renunciation module" on the VFS website to become activated or should I just follow the instructions kiranboda mentioned and send the documents out? What are you folks doing - waiting or sending the renunciation application?

Comment

Folks, Do not mix the instructions from immihelp, Use only instructions mentioned on VFS-OCI website. https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/in...y-oci-services
      1. After you complete Step 2( online application) you pay fees and print 2 way FedEx labels in Step 3 ( Complete Mail-in application registration process and Pay fees). You will have to create an account and use the application reference number to pay fess. You can use a credit card for payment.
      2. Instructions DOES NOT mention to mail in original US passport.
      Last edited by prad47; 11-16-2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I got the following reply from VFS after 10 days.

The checklist is inconsistent with these instructions.
        1. Check list still has uploading pic and signature.
        2. There is no mention of FedEx and USPS exclusion on return shipping labels. But they said in email.

If we don't respond in 7 days, they stop processing and no fee is returned is really brutal. But VFS takes more than 10 days to reply to our enquiry. To make the system works, they take ages?? Don't use fedex and USPS is another nautanki.

============================================================ ==============================================

Thank you for contacting the VFS Indian Visa , Passport & OCI Application Center Help Desk in United States.
        We understand that you wish to know the process for applying for Renunciation of Indian Citizenship or Surrender of Indian Passport.
        Please note that the renunciation module would be available over the next few days. However, if you still wish to apply right now, refer to the below mentioned steps:

1. Refer to the documents checklist on: https://www.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/india/united-states-of-america/renunciation-of-indian-citizenship/
        2. Fill the online passport application form on: https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html (Please register on the website and create your user Id for filling an online application form)
        3.The Surrender of Passport form must be filled online and take a printout along with the print out of the complete documents checklist. The documents must be attached as per the checklist and must be submitted to the VFS Indian Visa , Passport & OCI Application Center Help Desk by post along with your own return shipping labels except Fedex prepaid services and USPS.

4. The payment needs to be done in the form of money order and made payable to (VFS Services (USA) Inc.). The fees to be paid for Renunciation will be as follows.

If Naturalized Before 1st June 2010: USD 43.90 (Renunciation fees-USD.25.00, VFS fees-USD.15.90, ICWF-USD.3.00
        If Naturalized After 1st June 2010:USD 193.90 (Renunciation fees-USD.175.00, VFS fees-USD.15.90, ICWF-USD.3.00

The mailing address for San Francisco:
        VFS Global
        228 Grant Ave, Floor 5
        San Francisco, CA - 94108.

In case of any further assistance, please feel free to reply on the same email and we will be glad to assist you.

Comment

For the questions on return shipment, here is the message VFS sent me. I chose to go with a pre-paid fedex label instead.

You can either insert your return label along with your Application and documents or you can add USD 15 to your application fee for return of processed document.

Comment

Also, there is no need to upload any digital photo/digital signature for renunciation application, you need to print the application form and then affix the photo from the Govt. website

Comment

Hello Folks,

Sent my packet to VFS Houston on 11/12/2020 (Thursday), through UPS and Included a prepaid label and a Padded return packet and followed the instructions from the checklist and even sent them additional documents and a couple of extra passport photo hard copies with a money order. Let see what they would say, I have not heard anything from them, not even a message on the packet received.

Comment

Wonder how VFS was able to get the contract again. They were notorious for mishandling applications previously and did a bad job at Indian visa, OCI and passport applications. VFS must have paid a bribe for sure to the Indian external affairs ministry to get this lucrative contract. I am also applying for renunciation and then OCI and the system and instructions are not at all clear. I tried to fill the Renunciation Certificate form and it throws error. I don't understand if Indian consulate are charging $175 as processing fee, why do they expect us to print the renunciation form and send them. They should be doing it. This is heights of craziness. Since they can't be sued against or held liable, they get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrancher View Post
                  Hello Folks,

Sent my packet to VFS Houston on 11/12/2020 (Thursday), through UPS and Included a prepaid label and a Padded return packet and followed the instructions from the checklist and even sent them additional documents and a couple of extra passport photo hard copies with a money order. Let see what they would say, I have not heard anything from them, not even a message on the packet received.
                  How were you able to fill the Renunciation Certificate form that is available on VFS site (that will be stamped by the Consulate and sent back to us)? When I try to fill in the last section (Name, mobile and phone number, email and address), the form throws an error or copies phone or email in all fields.

Comment

Donald_Trump I printed out Renunciation, other forms and filled them manually with a blue pen. Don't mess up the format of dd/mm/yy.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald_Trump View Post
                      Wonder how VFS was able to get the contract again. They were notorious for mishandling applications previously and did a bad job at Indian visa, OCI and passport applications. VFS must have paid a bribe for sure to the Indian external affairs ministry to get this lucrative contract. I am also applying for renunciation and then OCI and the system and instructions are not at all clear. I tried to fill the Renunciation Certificate form and it throws error. I don't understand if Indian consulate are charging $175 as processing fee, why do they expect us to print the renunciation form and send them. They should be doing it. This is heights of craziness. Since they can't be sued against or held liable, they get away with it.
                      Just peaks of Lazyness. they make us fill our own details and then charge us. I think the candidates can't even speak proper English either at the Embassy or at VFS

Comment

I also completed the VFS form and application at government website. In process of creating pre paid label in Fedex website and the phone number of VFS is required field in it. What do we need to enter that(I don't see any where their phone number). I see some people say they created the Fedex Prepaid label in VFS site. For renunciation there is no option to create profile in VFS. Any one used VFS(Fedex) prepaid label?

Comment

Update:
                          Date:18-11-2020
                          Dear Applicant,

We have ‘Received’ your Application and your Application is now ‘Under Process’ at ICAC in Consulate General of India, Houston.
                          Your Tracking ID is 20-20 **** ****
                          To ‘Track and Trace’ please visit: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/ind/track-application and use your tracking ID to get the updated status of your application.

Please note this is an auto - generated email. Kindly do not reply to this email.

Regards,

VFS Global

Comment

Thanks for sharing updates. Did you send using Fedex or UPS? Can we use USPS priority mail?

Originally posted by jollyrancher View Post
                            Update:
                            Date:18-11-2020
                            Dear Applicant,

We have ‘Received’ your Application and your Application is now ‘Under Process’ at ICAC in Consulate General of India, Houston.
                            Your Tracking ID is 20-20 **** ****
                            To ‘Track and Trace’ please visit: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/ind/track-application and use your tracking ID to get the updated status of your application.

Please note this is an auto - generated email. Kindly do not reply to this email.

Regards,

VFS Global

Comment

Donald_Trump Use UPS Prepaid shipping label with the Express Pad Pak, I would not bother FedEx or USPS. I packed a folded Express Pad Pak with my package and a Pre paid label but did not attach it to the Pak.

Comment

What does this message means in Add customer form on the renunciation section?
                                • Indian Passport Date of Expiry cannot be future date
                                Expiry date is required to enter twice in the sheet. Are they different?
                                1)Passport Expiry Date
                                2)Expiration Date of most recent Indian Passport
                                Very confusing

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X