Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

PERM processing time

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • urus
    Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 2

    #196
    Baffled

    Well. I know I am so far down the line. Mine was just filed in February. Yet a couple of weeks ago I got a newsletter from my paralegal saying that their office have started receiving approved cases much quicker and in no particular order. She called me on my cell today saying that they she is surprised herself. All of a sudden, she got an approval for a case filed less than two months ago and another case filed in October 2009. Are the rest of them still pending or what, being audited? I should have asked that myself.

    Now I do't believe in miracles. In the same newsletter I think I found a clue while the PERM processig has sped up a little. They sad the new law requires a aproval of PWD (prevailing wage) from the central office in DC as opposed to a much easier online thing before. They said they have not received a single PWD since the law came into effect on January 1, 2010. They also added that other lawyers have been reporting the same thing.

    Apparently, there' s a backlog now builiding up at the PWD stage. This has freed up a little time for those who have been "lucky" to file their PERMs prior to the new "catch".

    Comment

    • uday85
      Member
      • Mar 2010
      • 5

      #197
      Waiting...

      Filed for Perm on 12/01/2009 and haven't heard anything yet

      Comment

      • extcs
        Member
        • Mar 2010
        • 1

        #198
        Applied: August 31
        Approved: March 22, 2010
        Thank you all for sharing information.

        Comment

        • permjuly09
          Member
          • Mar 2010
          • 2

          #199
          PERM Approved

          Applied: July 2nd 2009
          Approved: March 19, 2010

          Thank you all for sharing information. All the best

          Comment

          • golf2000
            Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 19

            #200
            permjuly09 and extcs, congratulations and thanks! Each good news that is shared gives hope to all those waiting for their turn to come.

            Comment

            • bnj2010
              Member
              • Mar 2010
              • 3

              #201
              Perm Approved

              Filed for Perm on 08/01/2009 and haven't heard anything yet

              Comment

              • csv2007
                Member
                • Mar 2010
                • 3

                #202
                Few Doubts...

                My labor application was filed in Dec 2007 and it got denied in April 2008. We had no idea why it was denied since we did not receive any audit notification at all. Accordingly we informed USDOL that we haven't received the audit notification. After a few days, the labor application status changed from "Denied" to "In Process". It has been "In Process" ever since that time.

                I was checking the PERM processing times and was hoping to see some news when they were processing Dec 2007 for last couple of months. But now the processing month has been moved to Jan 2008 and my status still shows as "In Process". My lawyer also finds it very strange and suggests to file another labor application to be on safe side.

                What do you think I should do? Any idea what might be happening with my labor application?

                Comment

                • ksv1
                  Member
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 2

                  #203
                  Priority Date June'30 2009

                  Priority Date June'30 2009

                  Approved 03/24/2010

                  Comment

                  • mkk78
                    Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 1

                    #204
                    Perm Approved

                    Filed : 8/18/2009 for EB3.
                    Approved : 03/25/2010

                    Comment

                    • gyanarc
                      Member
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 11

                      #205
                      I lost Hope, applied July 15th 2009

                      Originally posted by ksv1 View Post
                      Priority Date June'30 2009

                      Approved 03/24/2010

                      I see that people who applied in September got approvals more than 33% in **** **** and mine is July 15th , 2009 and nothing yet, more than 75% got approvals and after that it seems they have stopped looking at July applications and they moved on to August , September and October...

                      no justice or justification for what DOL is doing...i lost hope...

                      confused and dont know what to do next...i wish you all the best for who ever got approvals...chalo guys have fun..

                      Comment

                      • saitan
                        Member
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 2

                        #206
                        Applied September 20th 2009 approved March 29th 2010

                        It took 6 months for me.
                        My friend who applied in mid august 09 got it in mid feb 10.

                        Now have to apply for I 140
                        Thank you everyone for your informative replies.

                        Comment

                        • golf2000
                          Member
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 19

                          #207
                          Originally posted by saitan View Post
                          It took 6 months for me.
                          My friend who applied in mid august 09 got it in mid feb 10.

                          Now have to apply for I 140
                          Thank you everyone for your informative replies.
                          Congratulations Saitan- Was yours EB2 or EB3? They say EB3 is processed faster than EB2.

                          Comment

                          • golf2000
                            Member
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 19

                            #208
                            Originally posted by gyanarc View Post
                            I see that people who applied in September got approvals more than 33% in **** **** and mine is July 15th , 2009 and nothing yet, more than 75% got approvals and after that it seems they have stopped looking at July applications and they moved on to August , September and October...

                            no justice or justification for what DOL is doing...i lost hope...

                            confused and dont know what to do next...i wish you all the best for who ever got approvals...chalo guys have fun..
                            Gyanarc- I understand your disappointment. Trust me: It may take as long as 10 months to hear back from DOL. Look at the earlier postings on this thread. Don't lose your hope. As long as your case is not audited, you should hear back from them by April at the latest. Good luck.
                            Last edited by golf2000; 03-31-2010, 01:18 AM.

                            Comment

                            • saitan
                              Member
                              • Mar 2010
                              • 2

                              #209
                              I applied under EB2

                              Both my friend and I were in EB2. We work at two different companies.


                              Originally posted by golf2000 View Post
                              Congratulations Saitan- Was yours EB2 or EB3? They say EB3 is processed faster than EB2.

                              Comment

                              • design30
                                Member
                                • Mar 2010
                                • 6

                                #210
                                that's excellent. congratulations and thank you for update.
                                I've been waiting for my LC for such a long time and Im glad I'm getting close.

                                Comment

                                {{modal[0].title}}

                                X

                                {{modal[0].content}}

                                {{promo.content}}

                                Working...