Sep/2021 N 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ihaveit29 View Post
    Just wondering, do I have to makes copies again of the pieces of evidence/ for the interview? Just like what we did for the conditional gc interview? Or will the officer have the evidence copies we submitted along the N400 application in hand?
    I should state that this is only my personal experience first but the only things I took with me were my GC, Passport and my partners passport and BC and anything else that was stated on the interview letter (I think I listed it all but I could have missed something). The Officer only asked for my greencard and a form of ID which was my passport. I didn't take copies of the things i submitted online. I personally dont think you will need copies of everything just the things that were listed on the letter. But at the same time if that is going to help ease your anxiety by taking copies then go ahead!

Comment

• Originally posted by okccanary View Post

I should state that this is only my personal experience first but the only things I took with me were my GC, Passport and my partners passport and BC and anything else that was stated on the interview letter (I think I listed it all but I could have missed something). The Officer only asked for my greencard and a form of ID which was my passport. I didn't take copies of the things i submitted online. I personally dont think you will need copies of everything just the things that were listed on the letter. But at the same time if that is going to help ease your anxiety by taking copies then go ahead!
      noted. Thank you so much!

Comment

• Update: the lady who canceled my interview called me and rescheduled my interview. Awesome news.
        PD: 08/30/2017

11/14/2017, I-765 status was changed to "New card is being produced".
        11/16/2017, I-765 status was changed to "Card was Mailed To Me".
        11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.
        11/20/2017, Combo card was delivered.
        09/06/2018, EAD renewal was received.
        09/17/2018, Fingerprint Review was completed.
        11/19/2018, Interview was scheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pepsimax View Post
          Update: the lady who canceled my interview called me and rescheduled my interview. Awesome news.
          awesome congrats!!!!!!

Comment

SS website now has me as a US Citizen woo woo. This journey is now finally over for me! Good luck everybody!!! Let me know if you have any questions!
            Thanks! I have a question:
            What documents should be scanned and readily available when completing the N-400 online?

Comment

• Originally posted by kelvyn View Post

Thanks! I have a question:
              What documents should be scanned and readily available when completing the N-400 online?
              Sorry I am being a little dumb and not quite understanding your question so apologies if I'm not answering it correctly. So I got my GC through marriage and applied after 3yrs for Citizenship. 6months before applying I had been approved for my removal of conditions so honestly I pretty much just resubmitted all the evidence I had collected for that as well as updating anything from the previous 6 months (eg. deed to house, Tax stuff, my Will, joint bank account and Credit Cards etc). When I went for the interview we had recently brought a new house so apart from the other things it asks to bring for the interview (GC, Partners BC etc) I brought a copy of the deed to the new house but was never asked for it. Unless specifically mentioned I did not bring any copies of the documents that I had uploaded as they already had them and it seemed pointless.

Hopefully I am asking your question correctly. If not please ask again!

Comment

Sorry I am being a little dumb and not quite understanding your question so apologies if I'm not answering it correctly. So I got my GC through marriage and applied after 3yrs for Citizenship. 6months before applying I had been approved for my removal of conditions so honestly I pretty much just resubmitted all the evidence I had collected for that as well as updating anything from the previous 6 months (eg. deed to house, Tax stuff, my Will, joint bank account and Credit Cards etc). When I went for the interview we had recently brought a new house so apart from the other things it asks to bring for the interview (GC, Partners BC etc) I brought a copy of the deed to the new house but was never asked for it. Unless specifically mentioned I did not bring any copies of the documents that I had uploaded as they already had them and it seemed pointless.

Hopefully I am asking your question correctly. If not please ask again!
                Yes, thanks. That's what I was asking.
                I got my GC through marriage as well, and I have crossed the 3 year mark, and gotten the conditions removed.
                I'll resubmit the docs from my I-751. Thanks!
                How long did the application take you to complete online?

Comment

• Originally posted by kelvyn View Post

Yes, thanks. That's what I was asking.
                  I got my GC through marriage as well, and I have crossed the 3 year mark, and gotten the conditions removed.
                  I'll resubmit the docs from my I-751. Thanks!
                  How long did the application take you to complete online?
                  Obviously it depends a lot on where you live but I am based in Oklahoma. I applied 8/31/2021 and had my oath ceremony was 2/14/2022 so around 5-6 months. My removal of conditions went super quick also. I would not be surprised if your Citizenship timeline would be similar maybe a couple of months longer with test and oath being separate.

Being an idiot again and misread the question. The application took like 30mins- 1hr. But that was due to me having already scanned all my evidence from the removal process. The application is really easy and simple to do. They basically walk you through it. The only advise I would give is not to submit it on the very first day you are eligible. For some reason where ever they base their servers it sometimes registers you as having submitted a day earlier (they did this with my own application also). I have seen people on other forums being denied due to submitting it 'early' as they submitted on day one of eligibility. They were successfully able to appeal it and be approved but there's no point putting yourself through that by just waiting a couple of days before submitting it!
                  Last edited by okccanary; 05-06-2022, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zapzap1971 View Post

wao, that was fast !!!...what area are you in ?
                    pa

Comment

• update: I had my i751 and n400 interview today and both of them were approved. No oath ceremony because I want to change name I have to go to court anyway. She said the oath ceremony notice will be sent out soon and the date will probably be in 2 or 3 weeks.

It was more like a 30 mins casual chat very smooth and comfortable. A big shout-out to this officer. Five weeks after she canceled my interview she called me to give me date options for my rescheduled interview and sent a hand writing interview notice to me. The day before my interview day she called me again to make sure I got the notice and confirm the time. I really appreciate that!

Update 2: my oath ceremony notice was mailed out and I can see it online that my ceremony will be in 2 weeks in court.
                      Last edited by Pepsimax; 05-27-2022, 05:38 PM.
                      PD: 08/30/2017

11/14/2017, I-765 status was changed to "New card is being produced".
                      11/16/2017, I-765 status was changed to "Card was Mailed To Me".
                      11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.
                      11/20/2017, Combo card was delivered.
                      09/06/2018, EAD renewal was received.
                      09/17/2018, Fingerprint Review was completed.
                      11/19/2018, Interview was scheduled.

Comment

update: I had my i751 and n400 interview today and both of them were approved. No oath ceremony because I want to change name I have to go to court anyway. She said the oath ceremony notice will be sent out soon and the date will probably be in 2 or 3 weeks.

It was more like a 30 mins casual chat very smooth and comfortable. A big shout-out to this officer. Five weeks after she canceled my interview she called me to give me date options for my rescheduled interview and sent a hand writing interview notice to me. The day before my interview day she called me again to make sure I got the notice and confirm the time. I really appreciate that!

Update 2: my oath ceremony notice was mailed out and I can see it online that my ceremony will be in 2 weeks in court.
                        That's awesome, congratulations.

Do the oath ceremony and n400 interview happen the same day?

Comment

update: I had my i751 and n400 interview today and both of them were approved. No oath ceremony because I want to change name I have to go to court anyway. She said the oath ceremony notice will be sent out soon and the date will probably be in 2 or 3 weeks.

Awesome!! Congrats and i'm so happy that the interview went well and they sorted everything else out!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzya View Post

That's awesome, congratulations.

Do the oath ceremony and n400 interview happen the same day?
                            It really depends on where you go whether or not it is same day or not. Mine was not but I have seen plenty in this forum who have. Unfortunately there is no way in telling unless someone else has been to the same place as you will be going. For reference I went to the one in Oklahoma City and they do not do same day Oaths.

Comment

• I got 7 email messages saying " We have taken an action on your case" in two days. I have no idea what's going on. Did you guys all receive so many messages when you were applying?

12/18 - Submitted application late at night (around 11 pm)
                              12/19 - Woke up seeing 5 email messages saying " We have taken an action on your case"​ (most of them were sent around 3 am and 1 sent at 4:30 am)
                              Checked online and got the receipt notice and bio reuse notice under the documents tab. (which is getting my hopes up high cause this is too timely I can hardly believe it)
                              12/20 - Woke up with 2 more emails saying " We have taken an action on your case"​ (One sent 12/19 at 7:45, another one at 4:30 am 12/20), but nothing was
                              showing up on my account online. I did see something in my inbox on the website but it's just "Welcome to your USCIS inbox. You can use this feature to send a message to an immigration services officer about your case."
                              I'm wondering did you guys ever receive an email about action but checked there's nothing there? Also, for those of you guys with bio reuse, did you guys all get an interview scheduled within 4 months?​

Comment

• Originally posted by siren View Post
                                I got 7 email messages saying " We have taken an action on your case" in two days. I have no idea what's going on. Did you guys all receive so many messages when you were applying?

12/18 - Submitted application late at night (around 11 pm)
                                12/19 - Woke up seeing 5 email messages saying " We have taken an action on your case"​ (most of them were sent around 3 am and 1 sent at 4:30 am)
                                Checked online and got the receipt notice and bio reuse notice under the documents tab. (which is getting my hopes up high cause this is too timely I can hardly believe it)
                                12/20 - Woke up with 2 more emails saying " We have taken an action on your case"​ (One sent 12/19 at 7:45, another one at 4:30 am 12/20), but nothing was
                                showing up on my account online. I did see something in my inbox on the website but it's just "Welcome to your USCIS inbox. You can use this feature to send a message to an immigration services officer about your case."
                                I'm wondering did you guys ever receive an email about action but checked there's nothing there? Also, for those of you guys with bio reuse, did you guys all get an interview scheduled within 4 months?​
                                mine was about 5 months from submitting to oath ceremony. I think I got my bios reuse and receipt notice pretty quick after submitting like you. I think i might have got emails saying action has been taken but not seeing anything but would definitely recommend checking that document tab as that was the best place for updates. The next doc that will appear in the document tab will be your interview letter. Mine was about 4 months later before they sent the interview letter. Good luck. It definitely seems to be moving in the right direction but don't get disheartened if you don't hear anything else for the next few months!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X